2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #32
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondahugger View Post
I know this is probably going to throw a few on defense and I truly don't mean to disrespect or anything like this with what I'm about to say........... but ............................... we truly are a fat lazy spoiled nation.

Remotes that automatically open doors so our lazy asses don't have to put something down and manually open it like we used to because it's just soooooooooooooo much easier and more convenient.

More cup holders to fit all the sippy cups that the 20 kids screaming in the back of the mini van brings with them.

16 Speaker stereo system, DVD player and LCD Flat Screens installed so the 6 month old can comfortably fall asleep listening to Baby Bop singing behind Barney because baby smiles when she sees Baby Bop on the screen and likes Baby Bop more than Barney.

All the other bells and whistles and trimmings that make our lives easier and more comfortable because we feel that we work hard and deserve to have some of the extra nicer things in life......... And those extra things will bring extra pounds on our asses and a lazier mentality.

The Movie WAL-E is coming to mind right now.

And with all that said, I want the new Suburban!
People can be lazy with or without any of these items. I like my toys. I hate manual windows and locks. Power mirrors are safer in a car that is used by more then one person. I like the AWD in the Tribute and now that I'm plowing this year I wouldn't have made it to work without it a few times.

I like my remotes, I will spend 20 minutes finding it rather then walk over to the tv to change the channel. I like my electronic thermostat that will turn up the heat before I wake up.

All this and I will park and walk in to buy food rather then use the drive thru, I park on the other side of a parking lot and walk to the store.

People can be lazy without all the tech.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #33
Hondahugger
Better Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
People can be lazy without all the tech.
I know, and I could go on a whole new rant about all of the other extras we feel we simply can't go on in life without but I was trying to keep it vehicle specific since this is specifically a vehicle related thread.
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:34 PM   #34
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I know, and I could go on a whole new rant about all of the other extras we feel we simply can't go on in life without but I was trying to keep it vehicle specific since this is specifically a vehicle related thread.
I can't do without anything I have. I'll die. When the power goes out I lay on the sofa and use a flash light to point out all the shit I own that is fun to use but requires power to use.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 12-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #35
Hondahugger
Better Off

Go through a Cat 5 Hurricane and you'll quickly discover all that you can live without.

Starbucks on the other hand, better never fucking go bankrupt and close it's doors!
Hondahugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:45 PM   #36
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Truth she speaks!!!!!

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #37
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Go through a Cat 5 Hurricane and you'll quickly discover all that you can live without.

Starbucks on the other hand, better never fucking go bankrupt and close it's doors!
Couldn't do it. We had white Juan and that was hell. I'm pissed seconds into the power going out.

I want to build a house that has wind and/or solar power so I don't need the power company or don't need them 100%. The power goes out to easy around here.

James
Old 12-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #38
MILK
The cows want you dead.

[QUOTE=CrazyKell;135846]Did you get rid of your vehicle to get a different vehicle once you had kids or found out you were having kids?
QUOTE]

No but I did take the MSF course while I was pregnant. A year later bought my first bike. Does that count?
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:02 PM   #39
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Couldn't do it. We had white Juan and that was hell. I'm pissed seconds into the power going out.

I want to build a house that has wind and/or solar power so I don't need the power company or don't need them 100%. The power goes out to easy around here.

James
or look into backup generators that are Nat. gas powered, we're thinking about it.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:04 PM   #40
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
or look into backup generators that are Nat. gas powered, we're thinking about it.
We don't have nat. gas in the area. We have only been getting it around here about a couple of years ago. And its not anywhere near my house.

James