Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #31
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
I absolutely do NOT want my daughter going out of the house dressed like that when she's a teenager. I really hope I can come up with some way to convince her to dress conservatively. It would be great if the style trend changes in the next 8 years.
Yeah, who knows, maybe the Victorian era styles or the more subdued style of the 1930's will come back... but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:16 AM   #32
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Yeah, who knows, maybe the Victorian era styles or the more subdued style of the 1930's will come back... but I wouldn't hold my breath.
yes im sure all the really slutty girls will be wearing fully boned (no pun intended) hoop skirts in about five years
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:25 AM   #33
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
yes im sure all the really slutty girls will be wearing fully boned (no pun intended) hoop skirts in about five years
They could be adapted, but I'm thinking there are some styles that'll never come again...at least in mainstream society... because they're either too formal, too stuffy, or too expensive to replicate.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:33 AM   #34
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Electrical taped nipples.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #35
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Ears, OK.

Anything else, when they are old enough to sign for it themselves.
I feel the same way. If we have a girl and she wants her ears pierced, sure. Anything else, when the kids are 18 or older, it's up to them.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:59 PM   #36
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Like some others have said, when she can legally sign for it herself. I took my 6 year old daughter to the county fair this week and I'm really dreading her growing up. The vast majority of the teenage girls at the fair were wearing coochie cutter shorts and tight shirts, many showing cleavage. And none of these girls were legal age. I absolutely do NOT want my daughter going out of the house dressed like that when she's a teenager. I really hope I can come up with some way to convince her to dress conservatively. It would be great if the style trend changes in the next 8 years.
I used to say that if hubby & I would have kids, we'd turn Amish (some of his family is Amish)... then they wouldn't be mainstream with the way things are. Note: I'm not saying they wouldn't still sneak out, but they would learn differently. Plus it was all a joke.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #37
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Ears, OK.

Anything else, when they are old enough to sign for it themselves.

As I told my daughters, there are some things that lend the appearance you are older than initial impression. She looks "old enough" and if she has a piercing somewhere that required parental consent they would assume she's " old enough."

Right now, it's MY belly button. When she's over 18, it's then her belly button and she can do whatever she wants with it.
This is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
13-14 year old girls are already giving blowjobs so I don't really think a belly button ring is going to cause much harm at that point.
Since nobody else gave you acknowledgement for this I will. This is very true, the rest of these parents just don't want to admit it. I know because I have a now 16 yr old brother, that was doing tt crap with 13-14yr old girls (when he was 14-15). The girls these days are super slutty and way way hotter. It's insane!

My wife, got her's done when she was 16... 12yrs ago for "the times" reference. And like she said just now, 14 is the new 16.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product

Last edited by Gas Man; 07-17-2011 at 08:23 PM..
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #38
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I'm 36 and I have a daughter. When can she get hers done? Went can she afford her own place? I don't want here having that done while under my roof. She is also 4 so ask me again in 10 years. I doubt my opinion is going to change but you can ask again.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #39
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Since nobody else gave you acknowledgement for this I will. This is very true, the rest of these parents just don't want to admit it. I know because I have a now 16 yr old brother, that was doing tt crap with 13-14yr old girls (when he was 14-15). The girls these days are super slutty and way way hotter. It's insane!

My wife, got her's done when she was 16... 12yrs ago for "the times" reference. And like she said just now, 14 is the new 16.
Agreed.

I'm really surprised to see so much opposition to belly button rings. The whole "not under my roof" mentality (I would think) pits one against his or her daughter causing the daughter to act out in other ways. Guess which ways her hormones are going to push her?

The opposition to the belly button ring is because the ring is supposed to represent sex right?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #40
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Agreed.

I'm really surprised to see so much opposition to belly button rings. The whole "not under my roof" mentality (I would think) pits one against his or her daughter causing the daughter to act out in other ways. Guess which ways her hormones are going to push her?

The opposition to the belly button ring is because the ring is supposed to represent sex right?
No. It's more about making sure she's old enough to make informed and mature decisions. I don't oppose it but I was brought up with the "your body is yours when you can pay for any consequences" mentality and it worked quite well for both me and my sister. If you do it correctly, you don't get the "daughter against parent" thing. You can't just say no and "because I said so"

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote