Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #31
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Yeah, and I'm not buying a "drive around in the city" car to go with my normal, "actually get me somewhere" car. And if you only have to go a few blocks, you're a fucking lazy shithead if you need to buy some abortion of a ski lift chair instead of walking your fat ass down the street. Thank God they didn't develop something like shoes with wheels on them or else people might get suckered into not sitting on their ever-expanding derrieres all day.

Also, if you read my last post it says WHY NOT JUST BUY A FUCKING VESPA? They're much cooler, probably more fun, and have the added advantage of proving, at least in this instance, that you can't read.

And no, it still looks gay. I know rims make anything attractive to some people who demonstrate a lack of taste in other areas such as clothes, music, politicians (oh yes he did!) but this thing still looks like 8 guys blowing nine guys. It's gayer than three boys fucking in the snow, and two of them liking it. I could get laid in it, but I'd have to work at it.
I don't think anyone is going to by this to go 2 or 3 blocks. They can get across town and back in it. Or it can be used in a gated community, large area like a movie lot or airport. It has a use.

Why not by a Vespa? Because not everyone should be on two wheels. And before you say the Segway only has two, I'm talking about two inline wheels.

And as much as you worry about being gay, you should be spending a few months laying on a couch. While there you take about what ever child hood trauma you had that makes you worried about being gay so much.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #32
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

hey, it's only a matter of time before someone chromes the fuck out of one and puts spinning rims and a system on it

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #33
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I would try one just for the fun of it. Anything with a 0" wheelbase like that could probably spin on a dime.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #34
Flexin
AMA Supersport

They are talking about it right now on the Discovery channel.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 04-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #35
goof2
AMA Supersport

I remember all the hype before the original Segway was released. The inventor Dean Kamen had well known people view it and comment on it. They were all saying it was going to change the urban landscape, was as important as the PC, and further hyperbolic bullshit. 8 years after its introduction it remains a novelty. It is nothing more than another rich person's toy. If they ever introduce this 21st century golf cart, which I doubt, it will have no more impact than the first Segway. It would be funny if this impending disaster wasn't being funded by taxpayers. Since it is, it falls more on the sad side.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #36
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I remember all the hype before the original Segway was released. The inventor Dean Kamen had well known people view it and comment on it. They were all saying it was going to change the urban landscape, was as important as the PC, and further hyperbolic bullshit. 8 years after its introduction it remains a novelty. It is nothing more than another rich person's toy. If they ever introduce this 21st century golf cart, which I doubt, it will have no more impact than the first Segway. It would be funny if this impending disaster wasn't being funded by taxpayers. Since it is, it falls more on the sad side.
There are way more Segways around then I thought there would ever be. They do have a use.

People bitch about GM making trucks and SUV's, then when they work on a project that is the complete opposite and they still bitch.

James
Old 04-08-2009, 11:55 PM   #37
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Some of my questions were answered in that show. The main focus is other country's that use a lot of bikes and scooters. They said this two seat Segway would be big compared to a the scooters and bikes. This came up when asked about SUV's. They talked about how in the US special lanes could be used.

It looks like the next gen will be fully enclosed. They talked about how you would be able to get out and it would be able to go park itself. Then when you came out you could call it and it would come to get you. If you can't get laid with that Knight Rider shit, then you couldn't get laid in a whore house with a million in cash.

They also talked about how it could be used at resorts and so on.

One other thing that was talked about is that you would be able to drive it yourself or have it could do it for you.

James
Old 04-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #38
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
If you can't get laid with that Knight Rider shit, then you couldn't get laid in a whore house with a million in cash.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #39
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
There are way more Segways around then I thought there would ever be. They do have a use.

People bitch about GM making trucks and SUV's, then when they work on a project that is the complete opposite and they still bitch.

James
They have sold about 50,000 Segways since they started selling them 6 freaking years ago. Their initial sales estimate was 50-100,000 in the first year of production alone. Segway still haven't stated if they are profitable or not, which almost certainly means not.

I don't give a flying shit what GM builds as long as they can sell whatever it is in volume and for a profit. If it would put their balance sheet in the black I wouldn't care if they were shipping Abrams tanks out the door to Joe and Jill commuter. This thing isn't the answer to that problem.

Quote:
Some of my questions were answered in that show. The main focus is other country's that use a lot of bikes and scooters. They said this two seat Segway would be big compared to a the scooters and bikes.
I'm sure it would. My problem with their thought process is this statement from the original article:

"The companies did not release a projected cost for the vehicle, but said ideally its total operating cost — including purchase price, insurance, maintenance and fuel — would total between one-fourth and one-third of that of the average traditional vehicle."

Ideally they are dreaming. The original Segway would have been a raging success if they could have ideally sold it for the same price as a decent bicycle. Unfortunately, the least expensive Segway is five grand. How the hell do they expect to expand the same concept to a much grander scale and keep just the purchase price alone under $10k? Even if it were the same price as a Segway scooter how is Ranjeet in Mumbai going to afford it? I don't think Dell tech support pays that well. If it does, I suspect Ranjeet will be buying a car instead.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:52 AM   #40
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
They have sold about 50,000 Segways since they started selling them 6 freaking years ago. Their initial sales estimate was 50-100,000 in the first year of production alone. Segway still haven't stated if they are profitable or not, which almost certainly means not.

I don't give a flying shit what GM builds as long as they can sell whatever it is in volume and for a profit. If it would put their balance sheet in the black I wouldn't care if they were shipping Abrams tanks out the door to Joe and Jill commuter. This thing isn't the answer to that problem.

I'm sure it would. My problem with their thought process is this statement from the original article:

"The companies did not release a projected cost for the vehicle, but said ideally its total operating cost — including purchase price, insurance, maintenance and fuel — would total between one-fourth and one-third of that of the average traditional vehicle."

Ideally they are dreaming. The original Segway would have been a raging success if they could have ideally sold it for the same price as a decent bicycle. Unfortunately, the least expensive Segway is five grand. How the hell do they expect to expand the same concept to a much grander scale and keep just the purchase price alone under $10k? Even if it were the same price as a Segway scooter how is Ranjeet in Mumbai going to afford it? I don't think Dell tech support pays that well. If it does, I suspect Ranjeet will be buying a car instead.
Ranjeet? Hahaha! It's finally happened...we agree on something! Yea I don't see how some smoe that could barely cough up the monthly payments on $200 for a used piece of shit Chinese made scooter is gonna afford one of these babies. GTFOOHWTBSMF! This is the "flying car" all over again.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote