Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #31
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Forgot to mention I got my tickets yesterday to his Cesar Millan Live show. I see him November 2nd. Should be interesting.

My roommate's going too. Here's hoping she listens.
If she doesn't you can try his methods on her directly
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #32
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
If she doesn't you can try his methods on her directly
And film it....for purely educational purposes, of course.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #33
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
And film it....for purely educational purposes, of course.
Rule 35
Old 10-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #34
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

I live in a neighborhood where about every 2nd or 3rd house has a dog and I see maybe 1 person a week actually walking them. It's sad, they wonder why they bark and misbehave - try letting them get some energy out and see something beyond their fenced in yard.

We walk rocky pretty faithfully every morning for 20-30 minutes and every night for 30-45 depending and even that is not much for a large working dog breed.
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #35
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
I live in a neighborhood where about every 2nd or 3rd house has a dog and I see maybe 1 person a week actually walking them. It's sad, they wonder why they bark and misbehave - try letting them get some energy out and see something beyond their fenced in yard.

We walk rocky pretty faithfully every morning for 20-30 minutes and every night for 30-45 depending and even that is not much for a large working dog breed.
I want to walk Lulu in the mornings but I am very lazy about getting up and not a morning person at all.

I have her out lots, but still haven't kicked my own ass to get up and walk her.

She goes for 30-45 minutes every night though rain or shine.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #36
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
That's fucking insane... it amazes me that anyone would denounce a method that treats a dog like... A FUCKING DOG! and not a person... especially the ASPCA.
Ya gotta look at the whole "Animal Rights Movement" for that answer, of which the ASPCA is a part...they view the animals as superior to man; animals=cute or noble....man=blight upon the planet. That is a part of it, the Muver Earf Movement which idealizes "Nature" and demonizes Man.

The other part is the psychosis of the owners themselves. Look at the resistance he gets when people CALL him to help with a out-of-control pet. "I know you are right, Cesar, but it's my boo-boo we're talking about. Even if he sleeps on my bed, shits in the corner and bites me when I don't feed him/her fast enough, I don't wanna hurt his feelings".............

I've had numerous dogs; we have two Golden Retrievers that we love as if we had kids.....but you wouldn't take improper behavior from a child, so why tolerate it in a dog?

Our girls are from very different backgrounds; one has champion bloodlines, but had crooked teeth, so wasn't show material; the other we got as a rescue from an abusive home; (Really???, you'd abuse a fricken GOLDEN RETRIEVER?". There just aren't enough bullets to solve THAT problem.)

Our dogs "work" in our store every day; they may meet a hundred or so strangers on a busy holiday day. They wag their tails at almost everybody, but they don't jump up and they don't crowd people as happy goldens like to do...we don't allow it, the employees don't allow it and we make sure the customers don't encourage it. We have little kids and little old ladies in the store all the time and it wouldn't do to have one of them knocked over due to over-exuberance.

We don't have them on leash..we don't need to; a simple sharp word or command at they knock off even the beginnings of bad behavior....but you gotta watch em like hawks all the time and react EVERY time you see the beginnings of bad behavior...because they are DOGS...
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #37
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Its not surprising at all, most dog "professionals" don't have any knowledge of scientific canine behaviors. Shelters and rescues are the absolute worst, Vets are right behind them.
The other part is the idiots who break into zoo's exhibits and then get bitten, mauled or killed by it's inhabitants that we read about from time to time... or this genius:
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...h-by-bear.html

People just don't wanna believe that animals are animals.

Just because you mean well doesn't mean you're not gonna end up as some critter's breakfast.
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #38
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
The other part is the idiots who break into zoo's exhibits and then get bitten, mauled or killed by it's inhabitants that we read about from time to time... or this genius:
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...h-by-bear.html

People just don't wanna believe that animals are animals.

Just because you mean well doesn't mean you're not gonna end up as some critter's breakfast.
Da bears
Old 10-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #39
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I want to walk Lulu in the mornings but I am very lazy about getting up and not a morning person at all.

I have her out lots, but still haven't kicked my own ass to get up and walk her.

She goes for 30-45 minutes every night though rain or shine.
oh I HATE mornings, despise them in fact and it doesn't matter what time I go to bed. However, it's one sacrifice that also benefits me as walking/jogging in the morning is great for my health and I feel like I have to since Rocky is crated while we work all day. I feel like he NEEDS to have that time to run and get out that excess energy. It really did make a difference in his behavior when he was younger...
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #40
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
oh I HATE mornings, despise them in fact and it doesn't matter what time I go to bed. However, it's one sacrifice that also benefits me as walking/jogging in the morning is great for my health and I feel like I have to since Rocky is crated while we work all day. I feel like he NEEDS to have that time to run and get out that excess energy. It really did make a difference in his behavior when he was younger...
I'm going to have to make the effort. Lulu is crated during the day too.