Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 11-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #31
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
What if you're in my town and there are no recycling bins? It does take me more effort because if I choose to recycle, I have to bag shit up seperately, then take it to a recycling center across town, rather than just throwing it in a trash can and setting it out by the street.
Well how far is "across town"? I don't get recycling pickup service either, but I still bag it up and drive it to a bin that's sitting in the parking lot of a strip mall. Surely you have several businesses nearby that have bins/dumpsters like that out on their parking lot.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #32
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
I would be willing to bet Tdot doesn't either. At least not for the whole week.

Here Recycling is done for the early parts of the week, but if your garbage is collected in the last half of the week, it is just dumped on the same garbage pile as the other garbage, due to costs.

why waste the money? I don't live in San Fran, and with an auto tranny the only thing it is good for is ebrake turns.
In Toronto the pickup is every other week; recyclables, trash, and bio.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #33
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Like people who refuse to recycle even though it doesn't take any more effort to put something in the recycle bin than it does to put it in the trash bin.
Not everyone has a recycle bin or a trash company that does that. I bag my own recycling and take it myself. Not a big deal but certainly not effortless.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #34
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Not everyone has a recycle bin or a trash company that does that. I bag my own recycling and take it myself. Not a big deal but certainly not effortless.
You & I are in the minority........The rest must think that it won't benefit them in this lifetime, so they don't bother. Lame.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #35
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
You & I are in the minority........The rest must think that it won't benefit them in this lifetime, so they don't bother. Lame.
I don't know about other places but in my town and others nearby they have a trailer you can put your cans in. The proceeds from that recycling goes to burn victims. So there is a great reason to recycle that is an instant benefit!!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #36
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

I have a garbage can, small compost bin, large compost bin, cardboard/paper bin, and a plastic/cans bin.

It's definitely not effortless bundling that crap up, rolling out the bin of putrid smelling shit is the worst way I know of to spend a friday morning..

At the same time, ya gotta do your part..

Oh, and I store returnables in the basement until I get enough to cover my gas for returning them. Or, I bag them and put them out for people who pick through the garbage for them. If it's ready for them, they make less of a mess.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #37
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Fuck you and your recycling, you can come do it for me if your really have a problem with it. Otherwise it's going to the trash with everything else.

The recycling one I can understand, but the first two as complaints are retarded. It's not your car, why do you give a fuck if they run it off a cliff if that's what they want to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #38
Homeslice
Elitist

I worked at a restaurant once that served a lot of wine. They didn't recycle, so I asked the other employees to put empty bottles into a separate trash bag. I'd end up taking home 1-2 full bags of bottles every night, to put on my curb. Wow, I sure expended a lot of effort, picking up a 20-30 lb bag of bottles and putting it into my car. Golly, that sure was difficult.

As for me bitching about how people treat their car, why not? I see people here bitching about how others ride, or what kind of gear they wear, so what's the difference?

Last edited by Homeslice; 11-12-2009 at 06:13 PM..
Old 11-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #39
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

1) Broken motor mounts are not that uncommon if you have a HP motor. I used to break Chevy small block motor mounts so often with 400+ HP & solid lifter cam and aggressive launches, that I switched to a solid mount on the torque side, AND back it up with a torque chain.

2) Shifting from reverse to drive while still rolling back causes no stress whatsoever (and thus no damage) as long as you are below the stall speed RPM of the torque converter.

Last edited by Avatard; 11-12-2009 at 06:50 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #40
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
As for me bitching about how people treat their car, why not? I see people here bitching about how others ride, or what kind of gear they wear, so what's the difference?
you got a point, we do whine about everything.

As for recycling, my wife is lucky I even take out the trash as is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote