Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-30-2008, 08:42 PM   #31
Switch
dadbod

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
people that gripe about crying babies and barking dogs are the same people that bitch about loud pipes on bikes. they are the ones that are trying to silence the world completely. you want quiet isolation? move to the sticks. it ain't my fault people choose to work 3rd shift or sleep til 2pm, etc. my yard is my yard and what i do in it is my business, be it pets, bikes, loud sex...whatever. when will the noise policing ever stop? how about i don't tell you what to do and you don't tell me what to do? peaceful coexistence...
You are cooler than I once gave you credit for

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yep,I crate my "beast" too!
I wouldn't do this to her. She is used to being able to run free, I'm not going to take that away from a dog.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:46 PM   #32
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrah Arrah View Post
wow. thanks!

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:34 PM   #33
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Guys, my dog lays inside most of the day. She goes outside to shit and piss and sometimes run around.

She's not outside all day, she's a smart dog and likes to be in the A/C.

She doesn't bark all day. If she did, I would gladly get a bark collar, but she doesn't do that. Actually, she doesn't bark at all unless I'm home. She is highly defensive of me and will bark at anything that she feels is a threat when I am around. When I'm not at home, she lays in the garage.

I think the dude was just pissed because Holley (my dog) was barking her head off at this dude as he was trying to plow up his garden while I was outside. Had I not been home, she wouldn't have even done that.
See? We didn't have all of the facts! I totally agree now that your neighbor is a dick and I'd be glad to come by and fuck him up for you if you'd like!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:39 PM   #34
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
people that gripe about crying babies and barking dogs are the same people that bitch about loud pipes on bikes. they are the ones that are trying to silence the world completely. you want quiet isolation? move to the sticks. it ain't my fault people choose to live in the suburbs, work 3rd shift or sleep til 2pm, etc. my yard is my yard and what i do in it is my business, be it pets, bikes, loud sex...whatever. when will the noise policing ever stop? how about i don't tell you what to do and you don't tell me what to do? peaceful coexistence...

Ok,but you would probably one of the first to bitch if I moved by you and was bumping my stereo while I passed your house! Oh and you did say PEACEful coexistence didn't you? Oh and long as you don't mind that 3rd shifter mowing his lawn at 6am Sat when he gets out of work I guess it's ok...Hey it's his yard right? Whatever...
Old 08-30-2008, 09:42 PM   #35
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

as long as you agree with him that is....

I wouldn't do this to her. She is used to being able to run free, I'm not going to take that away from a dog.
Vet recommended man. I admit the first dog I crated,I was very nervous about it but you both get used to it and it works out ok.
(man I can never do that quote thing right..
Old 08-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #36
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I read what you said... Basically,your neighbors are required to put up with some level of annoyance from you/your animals/your kids/etc and if they don't like it too bad! As long as you don't think it's too much then they have nothing to say about it.
So you highlight the part of my quote that said that I bring him in shortly after he starts barking and then say that I leave him out there as an annoyance to my neighbors. What sense does that make? Would you prefer I predict exactly when hes going to start barking (typically when someone is walking another dog down the street and he sees it around the side of the house) and let him in ten seconds prior. Im definitely going to stick with what I said. If thats too much of an issue for them, its their problem. If that would be an issue to you if your neighbors dog barked for 2 minutes before coming into the house, good luck ever having a neighbor with a pet.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:31 PM   #37
Switch
dadbod

Honestly dude, I wouldn't care if you mowed your lawn at 6am. That is a normal maintenance thing and I understand that. If you were setting off fireworks at 4am, that's a different story.

If there is a dog barking at 4am, that's a little odd. If there is a dog barking at 9am, I don't care and won't say anything. I'm prejudice though. I love dogs.

I respect my neighbors and their rights. I don't take an elitist point of view to my property.

Last edited by Switch; 08-30-2008 at 11:34 PM..
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:36 PM   #38
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Honestly dude, I wouldn't care if you mowed your lawn at 6am. That is a normal maintenance thing and I understand that. If you were setting off fireworks at 4am, that's a different story.

If there is a dog barking at 4am, that's a little odd. If there is a dog barking at 9am, I don't care and won't say anything. I'm prejudice though. I love dogs.

I respect my neighbors and their rights. I don't take an elitist point of view to my property.
2 good examples of what I was trying to say. If its normal noise, its fair game. Its only an issue to me if its extremely loud or obviously obnoxious.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:56 AM   #39
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Ok,let's see...I quoted that line because you said if he barks too much...according to you. Since both of you own dogs,you have admitted that you have a somewhat biased opinion on the subject. I can use the same logic to excuse my 600 watt car stereo. Anyway,you're never gonna convince me that you wouldn't be at least irritated if your neighbor mowed his lawn every Sat at 6am,I would be! Initially,you came off like, "Fuck that guy if my dog barks all day,he gonna have to deal with it". Also,you first said that you leave your dog outside from 8:30 am - 6:00 pm,but now the dog is inside for most of the day.

IDK I just got home on my bike,I took it easy when I got to the parking lot and I turned it off as I pulled up to the building...

BTW I really don't care what nuisances you are to your neighbors. It seems like a fun argument to have!
Old 08-31-2008, 03:08 AM   #40
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Either I'm a hard sleeper or really tolerable. Either that or it's just cause my yard is good sized so my neighbors are a long ways from me, cause I don't get bothered by any of this stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote