Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 01-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #31
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I have never said "breaking any law is wrong"........I break traffic laws dozens of times every day. All I was saying was, if you break the law, you can't claim ignorance of it if you're caught.

The act of smoking itself isn't morally wrong.........Morally wrong = something that hurts others.......And that's my beef about buying Mexican weed. If you want to smoke, then buy domestic. Does it cost more, I guess so......But it would be with a clearer conscience.

As far as the laws go, nothing is going to happen unless people step up and declare that those laws are wrong. The speed limit isn't 55 anymore, is it? People successfully changed it. Alcohol isn't prohibited anymore is it? People successfully changed it.
The War on Drugs is a bit different than Alcohol prohibition or a 55mph speed limit. The biggest priority in this fight for the other side is the attempt to save face after ruining so many thousands of lives through the enforcement of needless laws. 80 years of ludicrous propaganda and indoctrination vs. 3 years of alcohol being illegal. You can't really compare and make the argument that people changed prohibition laws so they can do it for everything else too as this is a vastly more complex issue.

I realize you're referring specifically to Marijuana while I am referring to all chemicals not capable of being converted to WMDs being legalized. However, back to the "buying Mexican weed" debate...it is simply not feasible for most people to shell out $20 a gram for the homegrown alternative. There is and always will be a demand and people are going to go to affordable prices. Eventually, hopefully, someone with some sense who also has enough money and power will realize that the only way to stop the violence is to put them out of business through legalization.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #32
t-homo
WSB Champion

IDK if I am for harder drugs than cannabis being legalized. It's natural, not harmful to your health aside from smoking anything else, and not addicting.

Almost all other drugs, save shrooms, are man made by chemicals or cutting it with other things like ether, can be life threatening, and are very addictive. Ex eats holes in your brain, acid stays in your spine forever. You can OD really easily if you aren't positive what you are doing. I have some friends who can do coke once every few months and have no problem with it, and others who blow every paycheck on it because they have to have it.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #33
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Doesn't matter to me if the other drugs are bad enough to kill you the first time you try them. There should be a clear and non-biased education source provided so everyone knows the potential effects and then we get to choose for ourselves....you know, like if we lived in a free country and really believed in personal responsibility. No Government should ever be able to tell someone what they can or can not put into their bodies.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 01-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #34
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Works for me. Also, it's a form of population control.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #35
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Doesn't matter to me if the other drugs are bad enough to kill you the first time you try them. There should be a clear and non-biased education source provided so everyone knows the potential effects and then we get to choose for ourselves....you know, like if we lived in a free country and really believed in personal responsibility. No Government should ever be able to tell someone what they can or can not put into their bodies.
im all for that actually, IF its based on personal responsibility. No social programs no public money. You want to try drugs and fuck your life up you do it alone and anyone not family minds their own damn business. Impossible
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #36
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
im all for that actually, IF its based on personal responsibility. No social programs no public money. You want to try drugs and fuck your life up you do it alone and anyone not family minds their own damn business. Impossible
We are incapable of such reckless things in this country. No one is responsible for themselves here. So the government has to regulate chemicals. It's unfortunate, but that's life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #37
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
We are incapable of such reckless things in this country. No one is responsible for themselves here. So the government has to regulate chemicals. It's unfortunate, but that's life.
There is no good reason it has to be the way it is. We could become a truly free society, and we would adapt for the better.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #38
shmike
Follower

Quote:
There is no good reason it has to be the way it is. We could become a truly free society, and we would adapt for the better.
Says the guy lobbying for TV volume controls.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #39
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
There is a good reason, people are dumbasses. This isn't Candyland or Utopia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #40
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
There is a good reason, people are dumbasses. This isn't Candyland or Utopia.
But survival of the fittest. Let the weak-minded kill themselves off, lol.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote