Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 04-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #31
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderex View Post
Did you ever own one? I had one in college and it's not exactly high on the fun-to-drive scale. It really ended up being a bit of a POS honestly. No offense to the modded one here.
none taken, which model/trim did you have? chrysler in the eighties was just like the old muscle car days. you could put any engine in any trim with whichever interior you cared for. made for some scary layouts with the base suspension. still, FWD takes a different driving style to RWD its not everyones cup of tea.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #32
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
My first car was an '86 Plymouth Laser Turbo. My '95 Miata would put the smack on it in pretty much every way imaginable.

Those old Mopar 4-cylinders could be tuned for good power, but so can the Mazda's, and the lighter, RWD Miata is light-years ahead in handling. No comparison whatsoever.
ive never seen a miata pull 500 wheel on a stock block granted that was a TIII with the lotus head but hey the miatas all had dohcs so its fair
TWF Post whore #6
Old 04-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #33
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
none taken, which model/trim did you have? chrysler in the eighties was just like the old muscle car days. you could put any engine in any trim with whichever interior you cared for. .
That's because they only had 2 platforms in those days..........The pickup truck platform, and the K-car platform for everything else.

I remember back in those days, reading the magazine tests of the Shadow, Lancer, Charger, Omni, Daytona, and LeBaron, and I was like, why even bother testing them when they're all the same thing except for bodywork, interior, spring rates and shock tuning

Every time they came out with a higher-spec engine they would first put it in the Laser/Daytona, then the LeBaron, then the Shadow, and finally the Omni GLHS........And they'd stage it out over 12 months so that by the time the Omni got it, the Daytona had already moved to a better engine.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #34
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

cept in the case of the turbo II the omni got it first and then dodge beefed the piss out of it for the daytona
Old 04-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #35
thunderex
Kneedragger

Moto: 2004 Aprilia Tuono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
none taken, which model/trim did you have? chrysler in the eighties was just like the old muscle car days. you could put any engine in any trim with whichever interior you cared for. made for some scary layouts with the base suspension. still, FWD takes a different driving style to RWD its not everyones cup of tea.
I had a 5-speed Dark Gray Shelby Z. An '87. The paint basically fell off the car at about 3 years and the passenger window dropped into the door at the beginning of a very long and very cold and wet drive. Any car that I have to hold together with duct tape gets huge deductions from me. About a month after I got it I was being bugged by a buzzing noise coming from the shifter. I opened up the console area around there and found a pristine, never soiled or used 3" long screw just sitting under the shift boot. I guess someone just left it in there when they assembled the car.

That car eventually got traded in on an Acura Integra which never gave me a lick of trouble and would probably still be running like a champ if my Dad didn't total it.
thunderex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #36
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Did you ever own one? I had one in college and it's not exactly high on the fun-to-drive scale. It really ended up being a bit of a POS honestly. No offense to the modded one here.
I had drove a 92 many times..but my brother had a 1986 Lebaron 4 door with a turbo. I loved how the turbo spooled up and the 3 speed automatic shifted. lol

I've worked for a Mazda dealer as a tech back in 1990-1993 and drove those little Miata shitboxes. Every guy that drove in with it was a homo. lol

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #37
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
My first car was an '86 Plymouth Laser Turbo. My '95 Miata would put the smack on it in pretty much every way imaginable.

Those old Mopar 4-cylinders could be tuned for good power, but so can the Mazda's, and the lighter, RWD Miata is light-years ahead in handling. No comparison whatsoever.

But which was quieter?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #38
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
I had a 5-speed Dark Gray Shelby Z. An '87. The paint basically fell off the car at about 3 years and the passenger window dropped into the door at the beginning of a very long and very cold and wet drive. Any car that I have to hold together with duct tape gets huge deductions from me. About a month after I got it I was being bugged by a buzzing noise coming from the shifter. I opened up the console area around there and found a pristine, never soiled or used 3" long screw just sitting under the shift boot. I guess someone just left it in there when they assembled the car.

That car eventually got traded in on an Acura Integra which never gave me a lick of trouble and would probably still be running like a champ if my Dad didn't total it.
haha yeah paint and windows were bad points. 2/3 of my daytonas were repainted before i aquired them. and the third i scooped up for parts so i really didnt care about the paint. (soo straight though. wish i hadnt left it in texas) funny enough, the nsx's window track design is also crap
TWF Post whore #6
Old 04-15-2009, 12:19 AM   #39
Chris S
Kneedragger

Moto: '07 KTM Super Duke (for sale), '07 KTM 300 XC-W

How did a Miata thread evolve into a discussion on K cars?
Chris S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:30 AM   #40
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
How did a Miata thread evolve into a discussion on K cars?
because im an asshole
TWF Post whore #6