Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #31
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
ok ms weekend warrior

actually with my new job I'm hear'n I'll be in for long days... like 12-16... and we work weekend schedules too... but who knows...

but then again... it's not hard work... just yell'n at students...

thank you... you're too kind
Weekend warrior who's been on active duty for 2 years tyvm.. And I don't get cush 6 month deployments..

Just razzing ya.. Believe me I'm grateful for you guys for when we need to call in an air strike. Been woken up by 500 and 1k lb bombs, but was happy to know that was aimed at the enemy,

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #32
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Lol I know... Trust me I know just how easy the af has it.... Pisses me off some time actually.

I just hit 7 years on the 26th of feb
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #33
Archren
Sham WOW

Quote:
Lol I know... Trust me I know just how easy the af has it.... Pisses me off some time actually.

I just hit 7 years on the 26th of feb
It evens out in many ways.. from what I hear, AF folks don't make rank as easy as Army. I made E6 in 4 years.. Though I won't be eligible to make my 7 until I have 9 years time in service (this December ).

Anyhoo... enough threadjacking.. 1000 mi in a week is awesome. I only just recently rolled 4500 on the Duc, and I've had her for 2 years. Granted I was pregnant/recovering from C-section for a good chunk of that, but still... it's sad considering I put 10k miles on my CBR in the span of a year.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."

-Dr. Seuss
Old 03-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #34
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
it's all good... we'll see what we can do... I'm not sure what's instore for me at lackland... could be a 9-5 training could be a water down version of basic...
Isn't AF basic only 9-5 anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #35
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
I made E6 in 4 years.
I fucking hate you. It took me longer to make E-5, and I'm waiting another year to test again for E-6. I've been in 9 years active and you outrank me, that chaps my ass. And I didn't do a cush 6 month deployment in a year, I did two to four month trips. Four to five times a year, with assorted TDY's in between. And I was a flying crew cheif on medivac missions, so they weren't always the tamest missions.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #36
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
I fucking hate you. It took me longer to make E-5, and I'm waiting another year to test again for E-6. I've been in 9 years active and you outrank me, that chaps my ass. And I didn't do a cush 6 month deployment in a year, I did two to four month trips. Four to five times a year, with assorted TDY's in between. And I was a flying crew cheif on medivac missions, so they weren't always the tamest missions.
6 years I made E-5 in the Guard. Still there now at 9 years. Depening on full time jobs I should make 6 in the next 2-3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:08 PM   #37
Archren
Sham WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Army promotion system is different than it is for Air Force. Doesn't mean I'm more or less qualified than you. And I guaran-fucking-tee you get paid more for TDY than I do. And you have better accomodations anywhere you go (unless you have to stay in Army barracks, haha.. and then you get paid more because you have to live in "sub-standard housing"). And you are far less likely to get stuck as a warm body on a gun truck in a convoy. And I'd take two-four month deployments over a year-long mobilization (9-10 months for this next deployment.. 11 months for my first one.. in one shot, except for my 2 week R&R leave.. and that's not including all the fucking training leading up to mobilization) any day. I don't mobilize until late June/early July, but between now and then I have 5 separate courses lined up (only one of which isn't related to deployment). 9 weeks of training, and I still have to work my normal schedule in between, AND go to drill weekends (which I don't get paid any extra to do).

I got lucky in that they promoted me to E6 because there was a conditional waiver due to deployment. I paid for it dearly, though, because there was a lot of responsibility thrown at me that I'm not really certain I was prepared for. E6 at 21? Not exactly the best gig in the world when you lack the experience. I learned a lot.. trial by fire is a quick way to learn, but I don't necessarily recommend it.

-Dr. Seuss
Old 03-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #38
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
(unless you have to stay in Army barracks, haha.. and then you get paid more because you have to live in "sub-standard housing").
Yeah, i had to sleep in open bay barracks while I was at Doha for 4 months, it was like being back in basic again!!! i missed my private hotel room

I made E-5 in 3 years but started as an E-3 out of basic for ROTC in high school. (you know you can use that shit 15 years after you graduate?) I could have made E-6 before my 6 if my unit had gotten me scheduled for my 7 level course but someone drug their heels. i ended up going inactive to finish my 8 because I got fed up with the unit. I wish I'd just cross trained and tried to do some more tours overseas now, i made good money over there.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #39
Archren
Sham WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
Yeah, i had to sleep in open bay barracks while I was at Doha for 4 months, it was like being back in basic again!!! i missed my private hotel room
Bite me. :: I lived in a giant ass tent when I got to Kuwait.. then we flew to Balad, and we lived in what used to be office buildings (I had to room with 12 other females in the big room ) until they set up the trailer parks. I was E5 at the time and had an E3 roommate once we were set up in a trailer (3 rooms, 2 people per room). Oh yeah, did I mention that deployment was for 11 months? Hell, even that pales in comparison to some of the poor fucks who were extended to 15 months or more.

-Dr. Seuss
Old 03-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #40
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Army promotion system is different than it is for Air Force. Doesn't mean I'm more or less qualified than you. And I guaran-fucking-tee you get paid more for TDY than I do. And you have better accomodations anywhere you go (unless you have to stay in Army barracks, haha.. and then you get paid more because you have to live in "sub-standard housing"). And you are far less likely to get stuck as a warm body on a gun truck in a convoy. And I'd take two-four month deployments over a year-long mobilization (9-10 months for this next deployment.. 11 months for my first one.. in one shot, except for my 2 week R&R leave.. and that's not including all the fucking training leading up to mobilization) any day. I don't mobilize until late June/early July, but between now and then I have 5 separate courses lined up (only one of which isn't related to deployment). 9 weeks of training, and I still have to work my normal schedule in between, AND go to drill weekends (which I don't get paid any extra to do).

I got lucky in that they promoted me to E6 because there was a conditional waiver due to deployment. I paid for it dearly, though, because there was a lot of responsibility thrown at me that I'm not really certain I was prepared for. E6 at 21? Not exactly the best gig in the world when you lack the experience. I learned a lot.. trial by fire is a quick way to learn, but I don't necessarily recommend it.
yeesh six in four? how the heck did you pull that off in a non combat MOS? im a 19 series and i thought i was doing great when i made five in four

Quote:
Bite me. :: I lived in a giant ass tent when I got to Kuwait.. then we flew to Balad, and we lived in what used to be office buildings (I had to room with 12 other females in the big room ) until they set up the trailer parks. I was E5 at the time and had an E3 roommate once we were set up in a trailer (3 rooms, 2 people per room). Oh yeah, did I mention that deployment was for 11 months? Hell, even that pales in comparison to some of the poor fucks who were extended to 15 months or more.
13 on the first one 23 on the second
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote