Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-13-2010, 02:51 AM   #31
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

I'll be saying prayers for you, your BIL and your family.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Take it easy my brother. I'm sure that it will turn out fine.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:07 AM   #33
Flexin
AMA Supersport

They put John in a chair today and he was only able to stay in it for about an hour. He wasn't very awake during this time. Someone came down to do a physio assesment on him today. They will start Physio on him starting Monday.

He also had an MRI. The damage that was done affected the area of the brain that affects eye sight and the areas that handle speech and understanding speech.

They will not know for a while how his is affected or at all. Its hard to say. He has done things already the shows he can see, talk and understand what your saying but its not all the time. But its also real early as well.

The doctor that was telling us about the MRI said she is impressed with how he has improved over the last few weeks. She must have been even more impressed when we reminded her that its been just over a week.

I spent the last three nights with him at the hospital. Its different watching guy jump doubles on a dirt bike, ride a sports bike, play baseball and football and then getting excited because he can wave or move his thumb when you ask.

If anyone is on Facebook they can see some pics and info on him in the group I made for him. http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?r...d=248369297909

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:45 AM   #34
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Oh James....

I know it's pretty hard to sit and wait. John is such a lively, out going guy, but I think he was always thoughtful and considerate in his actions. He didn't rush into things foolishly, or so it seemed to me. He's recovering quickly but he's not going to be in a rush to do huge things all at once. He'll get healthy one day at a time and he'll do it with the love and support of his awesome family and friends.

To everyone here, I rarely saw James without John. They were always smiling. Always friendly. Always decent to one another and the people they encountered.

In light of everything that is going on in the world today, I know good vibes are stretched thin... But if you can, think some good thoughts for John, for James and for all the people that love John.

Kirsty
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:53 PM   #35
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

James, here's an uplifting progress report on a head injury from Corvette Forum
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-...ddaughter.html

As some of you know, a year ago my sweet granddaughter, Lauren, Danny's daughter, was in Sisken Rehabilitation trying to learn to put her words together from a head injury she sustained in a horrible car wreck near her home. We almost lost this beautiful young woman.

Well, folks, the Lord has blessed us in many ways, and gave Lauren back to us . Today, a little more than one year later, she's an honor student at Cleveland
State Community College and has made the Dean's List!

I am so proud of her! She's had to work so hard just to focus and find her way. From not remembering what things are to the Deans List is no small accomplishment! This has made me one proud granny!!! Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes for us. Your friendship has meant the world to us.

Had to share some good news with all the bad news going on in the world.

God Bless.....
Carol and family

~~~~~~~~~~

One year after severe head injury and she made the dean's list.

There is light at the end of the tunnel

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #36
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

The brain is a fascinating, and resilient organ, and can actually repair and re-map functions. Sorry to hear of this, James, and I will be sending some positive thoughts, and hopes for a swift and total recovery for your BIL your way.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #37
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
Oh James....

I know it's pretty hard to sit and wait. John is such a lively, out going guy, but I think he was always thoughtful and considerate in his actions. He didn't rush into things foolishly, or so it seemed to me. He's recovering quickly but he's not going to be in a rush to do huge things all at once. He'll get healthy one day at a time and he'll do it with the love and support of his awesome family and friends.

To everyone here, I rarely saw James without John. They were always smiling. Always friendly. Always decent to one another and the people they encountered.

In light of everything that is going on in the world today, I know good vibes are stretched thin... But if you can, think some good thoughts for John, for James and for all the people that love John.

Kirsty
Thanks for that.

Thats the thing too. Lisa and I have been together for about 17 years. So I have known John a long time. We used to play catch, I lived with them for about 5 years (before we bought our house) so we were close. We rode dirt bikes/atvs and street bikes together.

I don't think of John as a brother in law. That is my brother laying in the hospital. I would do anything for him.

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1316 [800x600].JPG (132.0 KB, 17 views)
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote