Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #31
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
She's a witch, burn her!
First we got to see if she weighs the same as a duck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #32
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Are fucking serious? The teacher said "retard" and you're getting all butt hurt?

This country is getting way too pussified.
This is too true. I was always told, "Sticks and Stones." Drop it. If the teacher were to outright call a student something that would demean them and cause there to be an outlash by other students, then, maybe if it was severe enough. What is severe enough? Case by case circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
No but its pretty innapropriate for a 5th grade class

your opinion has been noted and summarily rejected
You ask for opinions then when the first one doesn't fit your model or rejects your idea, reject it? What the hell kind of objectivity do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel View Post
I'm with Fred, teachers should never use durogatory words to describe special needs classes. This just teaches kids to treat the special needs kids like they are broken or different and promotes exclusion and leads to kids being innappropriate towards special needs kids. Its not the kids fault they are needing special attention, so why promote the treatments, and yes, I have a special needs student. If my kids were telling me of this, I would report it. Its not right for a teacher, a person shaping and molding children to teach behavior like this. Its one thing to chide someone, but another to make fun or speak bad of kids that have no control over their abilities or inabilities.
Noted, however, we all have bad days. Hell, I have on occasion told my OWN kids that they were acting like retards. Totally disregarding rules and requests set by their mother and myself just moments before and causing severe mayhem and utter chaos. Stop acting like retards or you get the hose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
This.

Yeah we all call each other retards and worse, but when you are teaching a class full of impressionable students you do need to set a good example, and foul or derogatory language is NOT a good example.

Derf, maybe put in the first paragraph your expectation that the matter be investigated with results given to parents.
Well, lets see here. How bout we hold the teachers responsible for, oh, I don't know, TEACHING. And leave the example setting and moral molding to parents. I know this somewhat contradicts what I said in response to Tommy, however, I still explain the difference. If I hear, and I have, of my kids saying something demeaning about another individual I correct that. My son the other day was laughing at a TV show and I figured it was just at something silly in the show. However, he then said, "ha, that fatty." I then proceeded to nip that in the bud. I didn't get crazy about it I just explained that thats not acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
your kid was probably being a retard.

pussification of america on this one. let it go.
Again THIS. We have gotten to far into the "personal rights to peaceful society" that we aren't raising tough skinned, children that can take a jibe or two without getting all butt hurt and crying to the teacher. I used to always tell my daughter when she told me about being teased at school, "don't pay them no mind and as long as they aren't hurting you physically then forget about it." However, I told that if ever any kind of bully, boy or girl, touches her, LAY THEM THE Eff OUT. I will never be upset if my kids get suspended for fighting as long as they are defending themselves or one getting picked on. Not saying to go picking fights and be the first one hit but don't let anyone touch you in ANY way you don't like without serious repercussions.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #33
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Its not about teasing, I told my son he would have to deal with teasing and he is Autistic, but to teach, promote and condone that behavior from a person in her position is wrong no matter what. She needs an ass chewing that comes from a parent and if it continues, then climb the chain.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #34
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
First we got to see if she weighs the same as a duck.
"I am Arthur! King of the Brittons!"

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #35
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

teachers seem to think it is their job to bring "new words" into children's vocabulary. it makes them seem cool to the students. (disclaimer -- It's not all of them, and if you or your spouse is a teacher, I'm sure it's not either of you)

my son was exposed to a ton of things through his school years mostly from teachers.

wait until she gets in high school and teachers start glorifying the partying and drugs and alcohol. then of course they tell you as a parent you should explain to your child that those things are bad. teachers are cool because they party, parents are square because they don't understand the party scene. etc.

your note does seem over the top, only because it is the norm in todays classrooms. there will always be things you wish your child was not exposed to. the fact is life will happen around them whether you want it to or not. explain to your daughter that you presonally do not agree with the use of those words. you feel they are hurtful to others and should not be used by your daughter. however you cannot control what others consider OK or normal.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #36
papapoi
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
"I am Arthur! King of the Brittons!"
Well i didnt vote for ya!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #37
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
(disclaimer -- It's not all of them, and if you or your spouse is a teacher, I'm sure it's not either of you).
well done (I've been one and
my wife IS one)

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #38
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
teachers seem to think it is their job to bring "new words" into children's vocabulary.

Especially those english teachers...bastards.

Quote:
it makes them seem cool to the students. (disclaimer -- It's not all of them, and if you or your spouse is a teacher, I'm sure it's not either of you)

my son was exposed to a ton of things through his school years mostly from teachers.

wait until she gets in high school and teachers start glorifying the partying and drugs and alcohol. ... teachers are cool because they party, parents are square because they don't understand the party scene. etc.
What the fuck kind of schools do your kids go too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #39
tommymac
Moto GP Star

its all fun and games till they start feeding you those cheese sammiches
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #40
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Especially those english teachers...bastards.

some of those are questionable. LOL

What the fuck kind of schools do your kids go too?
PUBLIC unfortunately
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote