Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #31
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky3623 View Post
I like those callaway Tattoo branded golf balls. Be easy to ID on the course.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #32
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
thanks, i've been shown a lot of that already. My hips and shoulder movement are quite good.

Im using g10's. The driver is very forgiving and has a 13 degree loft, and just driving, i've made an incredible improvement on my slice, but its still there. Of course this is hitting bulk used walmart balls beside the house. Im yet to try with a good ball on a good tee, another month before the course opens. But I might have to demo a g12 draw driver and see if that helps if I cant correct it on my own.

im decent with my 3&4 hybrids, they shoot straight. Im horrible with my 8 and 9 irons, they are all over the place. all over the place. I also need a lot of time on the putting green. Sometimes im on the green in 3 shots on a par 4, but end up shooting a 6 or 7
Wow, 13 deg's of loft is actually more like a 2-3 wood, which ISNT a bad idea to use off the tee for a while. In all honestly if youre not hitting sub 90's you prolly shouldnt be using the driver off the tee every par 4/5 anyways. A good rule of thumb is to start ur day out with the driver. if u slice, on the next par 4/5 hit your 3-wood off the tee. if you slice again move down to your 5 wood. and so on and so forth. once you hit a solid shot move back up. Mulligans will not lower your scores btw, you'll become a much better player by learning to lay up and play it out of hazards, instead of going for the GIR every hole you mess up on.

If you dont have one invest in a utility 3 iron... or at least something that is cavity backed.

and as far as only hitting wal-marts and cheap balls, your slice will only get worse with more expensive balls. The more expense balls are designed to spin more to create more loft and bite on the green, but to most people more spin is a bad thing. more spin = more trips into the woods.

its actually a good thing, cause when you're going through a box of balls a round it can get expensive. i shoot prov1's cause i can get them for free, but i only buy mediocre balls. If you loose more than a sleeve during any given round, you should not be using anything more expensive than 15-20 dollar balls. hell if you want to really see your drive straighten out go steal some range balls. those things are designed to fly straighter, otherwise, people would get so frustrated w/ their lack of improvement they'd never go back.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #33
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky3623 View Post
Barkley's swing looks like he is having a seizure while screwing a mountain goat running from a leopard...
Hahaha. Its on the golf channel now.

It was showing him playing in a celeb. tournament, the announcer said 'kids at home should turn their head right now'
Old 04-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #34
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
Wow, 13 deg's of loft is actually more like a 2-3 wood, which ISNT a bad idea to use off the tee for a while. In all honestly if youre not hitting sub 90's you prolly shouldnt be using the driver off the tee every par 4/5 anyways. A good rule of thumb is to start ur day out with the driver. if u slice, on the next par 4/5 hit your 3-wood off the tee. if you slice again move down to your 5 wood. and so on and so forth. once you hit a solid shot move back up. Mulligans will not lower your scores btw, you'll become a much better player by learning to lay up and play it out of hazards, instead of going for the GIR every hole you mess up on.

I was told i'd have an easier time with a higher loft because im still learning to swing consistently. The driver I had was a 9.5. I didnt have bad swing speed, but my ball wasnt popping up, just low and straight on a good shot.

Most of my driving gets done on the range, because I dont get to use it much on the course.

Last edited by Apoc; 04-11-2009 at 10:21 AM..
Old 04-11-2009, 10:25 AM   #35
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I golf. I'm not good by any means but play regularly.

I play in a league once a week and get out for a practice round one other night/day during the week.

This year I'm shooting for my handicap.

I thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever. Went out with some friends and played 2 rounds in one day I loved it so much.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #36
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

I've been playing golf since i was 12.... 8 years later i'm still not very good.

I cant get to the course enough to get good, but i got a couple new clubs for christmas.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #37
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I got a hybrid for christmas. Supposed to replace 3 and 5 wood I think. I might hit the range this week. And...I loose a ton of balls during a round. I really suck.

I've parred a hole once. Thats my best.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #38
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I got a hybrid for christmas. Supposed to replace 3 and 5 wood I think. I might hit the range this week. And...I loose a ton of balls during a round. I really suck.

I've parred a hole once. Thats my best.
I always thought that hybrids were considered a fairway wood to replace a high club? Do you use it on the tee?
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #39
t-homo
WSB Champion

I've always thought golf would be fun. Wish it had been a guys sport in the spring, so i would have played that. Wasn't giving up football for it though. I might get a set of clubs in the next few years and see what happens.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #40
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
I always thought that hybrids were considered a fairway wood to replace a high club? Do you use it on the tee?
Hybrids were created to replace "hard to hit" low irons.... 1, 2, 3, 4 irons.

The create better loft. Dont hit hybrids off of the tee, they are better off of the fairway! Use your woods and irons off the tee....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Last edited by Porkchop; 04-11-2009 at 12:49 PM..
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote