Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #31
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Damn straight. That's why ammo should be illegal.

I'm just saying that these are videos the viewer is seeing way past the time that it was actually taken. If the weapon did go off and kill the person then their video would not be on youtube. LOL Unless some asshole like Trip gets a hold of it and posts it for everyone to see.
I'm kinda with you, Bro...Why prove to the viewer that you are using "good gun safety"? Why do I care how you handle your guns? Apparently unless you touch all the proper bases, you won't be taken seriously by the gun crowd. Witness the controversy surrounding Sarah Palin and her handling of a rifle.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #32
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Gun safety is a joke until somebody gets shot.
dude, bullets are cheap
Old 01-16-2011, 11:20 PM   #33
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
dude, bullets are cheap
One thing is for sure, seeing someone get shot during an insipid gun video would be far more entertaining than not...
Old 01-16-2011, 11:21 PM   #34
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
I'm kinda with you, Bro...Why prove to the viewer that you are using "good gun safety"? Why do I care how you handle your guns? Apparently unless you touch all the proper bases, you won't be taken seriously by the gun crowd. Witness the controversy surrounding Sarah Palin and her handling of a rifle.
I like it when you're kinda with me.

I can see why it's good practice to make sure the gun is clear, but posted a vid and making sure the world knows it's clear. Whatever.

I'm the only one that needs to know if its cleared or not. You can just keep guessing.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:26 PM   #35
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

I don't mind it. Some of the people who post videos are way more douchey about gun safety than others, but I kinda look at it as a good thing to go through for gun safety. Do I fear dying from a youtube video? Hell no. But I know there are a lot of people who don't know jack shit about guns who look at these videos, and if the only thing of value they get from these videos is to safety check a gun in their presence, good deal. I know I used youtube to get info on different guns when I started getting into them because I didn't have any gun people that I knew who would walk me through what now seems like obvious shit. I still look at gun videos when I'm trying to decide what I want.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:30 PM   #36
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I don't mind it. Some of the people who post videos are way more douchey about gun safety than others, but I kinda look at it as a good thing to go through for gun safety. Do I fear dying from a youtube video? Hell no. But I know there are a lot of people who don't know jack shit about guns who look at these videos, and if the only thing of value they get from these videos is to safety check a gun in their presence, good deal. I know I used youtube to get info on different guns when I started getting into them because I didn't have any gun people that I knew who would walk me through what now seems like obvious shit. I still look at gun videos when I'm trying to decide what I want.
Yea, I like You Tube review videos for almost anything. The GF went through a ton of them deciding what pipe to put on her bike.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:33 PM   #37
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

I use youtube for info and laughs. I don't watch the "watch my life" stuff. I wish youtube would split those users into a different youtube link or something. Clean the place up some.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #38
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I use youtube for info and laughs. I don't watch the "watch my life" stuff. I wish youtube would split those users into a different youtube link or something. Clean the place up some.
Yea like a "YouTube Info" channel and a "YouTube Life" channel....
Old 01-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #39
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Just posted some that I recently viewed.

Why not a 1911? I don't have a .45 and you don't really get more reliable than a 1911.
reliability? thats very arguable considering how many variations and manufacturers there are. ive fired quite a number of them, only really liked the colt gold cup and my dad's full custom target pistol. still, id rather have the full frame smith 645. solid as fuck, dead nuts reliable and cheaper than a disease free hooker

TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #40
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

I'm on the cant spend much and dont shoot much side of firearms. Like I tell everyone else. I'm not at war and I'm not carrying it.

Yes there are different variants and manufactures of the 1911, but the parts only come from a few places.