Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #371
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

So now for two days in a row, fed Taco a whole chicken back and several hours later he vomits. I think it's too much bone at one time.

All in all, it's going well. Cats ran out of food last night and are now on it...

Split a chicken wing between the two of them. Both were tenative - had to hand feed them small chunks. Both seemed to think it was too good to be true... like, 'will I get in trouble if I eat this?' Finally they both went at it pretty good... Mr Bear was crunching bones, but Piper was eating around them. We locked them in our bathroom for several hours - tile floors just in case they puked... no puke, all is well.

This morning I tried to split a chicken neck between the two... they weren't that into it... I think it was too boney. They ate a little and stopped. I went back to another chicken wing and ripped it up for them. Same as last night... Piper did eat a bit of bone this morning and Mr Bear was all over it again.

The only thing that sucks is that it's hard to separate the dogs from the cats. I used to feed the dogs outside while the cats were eating inside. The cats eat super slow now, so the dogs are outside barking at joggers and shit while I'm inside trying to feed the cats. Annoying, but we'll figure it out.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #372
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

My cats eat super slow too. I actually switched to feeding them twice a day. They weren't finishing their food at night but they were both gettting way too skinny. So to save us from wasting food and them not getting enough, I am giving them 60% at night and 40% in the morning. It seemed to work great, but I will see tonight when I get home how much they eat of their dinner. Hopefully they finish it off.

OSP, you need to remember that cats can't be fasted like dogs can. They have to eat every 24 hours. Their livers can't handle not being fed the way a dog or human can.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #373
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
My cats eat super slow too. I actually switched to feeding them twice a day. They weren't finishing their food at night but they were both gettting way too skinny. So to save us from wasting food and them not getting enough, I am giving them 60% at night and 40% in the morning. It seemed to work great, but I will see tonight when I get home how much they eat of their dinner. Hopefully they finish it off.

OSP, you need to remember that cats can't be fasted like dogs can. They have to eat every 24 hours. Their livers can't handle not being fed the way a dog or human can.
All of our animals will be fed 2x per day... the dogs because Taco gets a sour stomach and tends to vomit if he doesn't eat every 10-12 hours and the cats because they are FUCKING annoying as hell when hungry.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #374
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
All of our animals will be fed 2x per day... the dogs because Taco gets a sour stomach and tends to vomit if he doesn't eat every 10-12 hours and the cats because they are FUCKING annoying as hell when hungry.
Right on. I didn't know that when I first started doing this. thought they were just like dogs.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #375
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Just a note-Lost my oldest Schnauzer Saturday. She had a Grand Mal Seizure.

RIP Nikki.

Nothing really to do with Raw Diet, but I do believe she got another 6 months because of it.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:31 PM   #376
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
Just a note-Lost my oldest Schnauzer Saturday. She had a Grand Mal Seizure.

RIP Nikki.

Nothing really to do with Raw Diet, but I do believe she got another 6 months because of it.
Awwwwwwwww RIP Nikki...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #377
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Sounds ruff OSP.

Sorry to hear Vator.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #378
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

We are still having a ruff go with this. Brinks has always been a picky eater. He never seems to like the same diet for much longer than a few months.

We are at that point with this I believe. The only difference with kibble is that you can just leave it out. The chicken, now is a different story.

We have continued to seer it in a pan.
About a month ago he quit liking garlic. salt and loved it plain.

Now he's back to barely eating. It's very very frustrating!! Why can't he just eat like a normal dog?!?!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #379
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Maybe try the prey model? Whole chickens, feathers and all... Does Brinks chase shit? Are his hunting instincts in tact?
Old 08-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #380
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

He chases other dogs and people. I don't know if his hunting instincts are in tact... you can't exactly let your 140-150lb dog hunt shit!

Plus I'm not dealing with that, thanks anyway. I need other suggestions...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product