Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders > Florida Riders

Old 11-17-2008, 04:14 AM   #331
LOZ
clutch it up bitches!

Moto: Honda CRF50

Im up because I am currently unemployed and I got abso-fucken-lutely nothing to do tomorrow.

Im waiting on a response from an interview I did last week, Im crossing my fingers it comes through cause money is running low.
LOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:16 AM   #332
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOZ View Post
Im up because I am currently unemployed and I got abso-fucken-lutely nothing to do tomorrow.

Im waiting on a response from an interview I did last week, Im crossing my fingers it comes through cause money is running low.
I know what you are sayin. I am a college student who can't find a fuckin job to save my life. I live on like 35 bucks a week at this point.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:19 AM   #333
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I know what you are sayin. I am a college student who can't find a fuckin job to save my life. I live on like 35 bucks a week at this point.
I do not miss those days one bit.
Granted, finishing school will hopefully get you a little better earning potential... but getting there sucks sometimes.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:21 AM   #334
LOZ
clutch it up bitches!

Quote:
I was tired of working dead end jobs, so I went back to school (May 2007) and I recently quit my job cause it was the biggest shit hole youll ever fall into, and I just want to get a simple job where I can make just enough to pay the bills and worry about my school.... but its been tough finding something worth it.

The job market in florida right now sucks ass. they expect you to do office work for $8 - $9 an hour. how the fuck are you supposed to survive on $8?
Old 11-17-2008, 04:22 AM   #335
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
I do not miss those days one bit.
Granted, finishing school will hopefully get you a little better earning potential... but getting there sucks sometimes.
In one respect it is kinda nice being a student. Not a ton of responsibilities at this point. But at the same time it sucks. Most times I think I would rather work 60 hours a week than go to school 15 hours but spend a shit ton more outside of class studying. That and its easy somedays, then very stressful on others like test days, when essays are due, etc.

I can't wait to graduate and start makin some bank though. I am a finance major and plan on going into real estate or banking at first, then get into strictly investing in the stock market and property. Only 4-5 more years till I have my MBA hopefully.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:22 AM   #336
LOZ
clutch it up bitches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
but getting there sucks sometimes.
I agree with you. its fucking painful, but so worth it. I rather go through shit in school and at a POS job where they treat you like crap and paying like shit and you know you wont be getting nowhere while working there.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:28 AM   #337
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Quote:

I can't wait to graduate and start makin some bank though. I am a finance major and plan on going into real estate or banking at first, then get into strictly investing in the stock market and property. Only 4-5 more years till I have my MBA hopefully.
Maybe in 4 or 5 more years we'll have an economy to invest in.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:31 AM   #338
t-homo
WSB Champion

From studying previous trends, normally this would be about the middle of the recession, meaning that more people would start investing and that prices would start to rise. However, this is the worst downfall in recent history, so it could take up to another year or so before people get the courage to reenter the market, which will start bringing prices back up. Honestly, if you have extra money out of the market at this point, it would be a great time to start investing in real-estate while it is at an all-time low, before it starts going back north. This is a compilation of my thoughts and reading the Wall Street Journal. For one of my classes, we have to subscribe to it.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:47 AM   #339
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Personally I wish I had the resources to invest in devalued stocks and real estate right now.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:52 AM   #340
t-homo
WSB Champion

The market is a very self fulfilling prophesy it seems to me. If people are confident in it, then it will thrive, but if people get scared and start pulling out, it will crash. All we need now is for the country to start re-investing, businesses will stop going under (GM is really fuckin close to losing it.), and the market will go back up. Same with the housing market, but there is way too much supply for the amount of demand, lowering the prices until qualified buyers start buying again, increasing demand and prices.