Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #291
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Well picked up the food processor... it's a beast!

Bought carrots, lettuce, cucumber, garlic to make the veggy glop.
Frozen berries, apple, pear, yogurt to make the fruit glop. We bought bananas as well but forgot to put them in.

We combined all that and had Brinks taste testing it the whole way.

Like Vators it doesn't look good and while the fruit style tasted good, when you mixed in the garlicy veggy, it tasted funky. But Brinks LOVE LOVE LOVED it. He was drooling waiting for his next taste.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #292
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Brinks is doing well. I'm sure he's lost weight, Uma noticed it when she returned from her vacation. But he's now up to 2.75 leg qrts where he should be.

Our butcher shop is running a fathers day weekend special on leg quarters... over the counter $0.59lb so I'm sure my case price will be cheap. I think I'm going to buy 3 cases if it's down around $0.50lb cause that saves me like $0.14lb or about $8 a case.

Also going to pick up other various meats... both for him and us. They got this awesome deal going on now for meat bundle that I think we're buying for us.
http://www.cattlemansmeats.com/pdfs/...sday2011-1.pdf

And we are going to introduce GLOP to his diet. Just ordered for store pick up a Kenmore Elite food processor. Hopefully it lasts... it is a 800 watt motor. on sale as well.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...ckType=G2#desc

I tell ya though... the freezer, and now processor does make this more expensive initially.
Damn... that does make it way more expensive... You've got over $300 in equipment... Based on our dogs, it would take about a year to break even between all of this equipment and the food itself... Over the life of the dogs it should work out well though... We just need to find a good butcher here in Orlando...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #293
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Damn... that does make it way more expensive... You've got over $300 in equipment... Based on our dogs, it would take about a year to break even between all of this equipment and the food itself... Over the life of the dogs it should work out well though... We just need to find a good butcher here in Orlando...
All it takes is not having to go to the vet once and it all pays for itself. Of course, there's no real way to measure that, but in my case I've never had to take a dog to the vet for sickness...
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #294
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
All it takes is not having to go to the vet once and it all pays for itself. Of course, there's no real way to measure that, but in my case I've never had to take a dog to the vet for sickness...
Or, the fact that my dog is still alive. I'm sure she wouldn't be here today if we would have stayed on that diet.

That, my friend, is truly priceless.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #295
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:
Well, to be honest though... I'm also using the freezer to store more long term meat deals, like the mega meat deal I got when I picked up his chicken. So that's ok. Plus the food processor can have other means of use for us. It's not like these large priced items are dog only. Hell not even his food is. If I want to bbq some chicken (non breast) I got plenty!

Quote:
And we are hoping to have this benifit as well.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 06-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #296
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Or, the fact that my dog is still alive. I'm sure she wouldn't be here today if we would have stayed on that diet.

That, my friend, is truly priceless.
This.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #297
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Yeah absolutely... I totally wasn't knocking it, just breaking it down cost-wise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Well, to be honest though... I'm also using the freezer to store more long term meat deals, like the mega meat deal I got when I picked up his chicken. So that's ok. Plus the food processor can have other means of use for us. It's not like these large priced items are dog only. Hell not even his food is. If I want to bbq some chicken (non breast) I got plenty!

And we are hoping to have this benifit as well.
Oh yeah... I am down to have a ton of meat on hand... Can't ever have too much meat.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #298
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Oh yeah... I am down to have a ton of meat on hand... Can't ever have too much meat.
That's what she said
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #299
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Is there a guideline on how much glop to give the dogs? Say an amount per 50# or somin? Just unsure on quanity.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:08 AM   #300
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Well glop still works. Some of the charm has worn off with him, however, the good thing is, that it's flavor should change every time. We have just been giving him about 2 heaping table spoons a day. Think it's enough?

He's eating his full 3 chicken quarters each day, warmed in a pan. But we are trying to squeeze in completely raw pieces in as well. But overall, seems well with it.

Run Amsoil Product