Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-01-2009, 04:14 PM   #21
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Diva View Post
This cute ltl guys is "Pisgah" the bobcat. His mom got hit the other day on the Parkway. Yesterday morning we found him laying in the middle of the road next to his mom's grease spot. He is very weak and we have sent him to a vet we know who does good work for us. As of this morning he is doing well so there is hope we can rehabilitate him and turn him loose back on his mountain. We spent the rest of the day scouring the mountain trying to find his den to see if he had any brothers or sisters but had no luck. Will keep looking but as weak as he was the chances are slim.

Even though it was a ltl sad it was so cool to get to hold a baby bobcat! His ltl face was so cute that I'm def in love! I hope the ltl guy makes it!
awwww, lookit that face!

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #22
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

Very cute - hope he makes it. Keep us posted.
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #23
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Dear lord that face! The cuteness it hurts!!

I would be so tempted to keep him. I'm sure it wouldn't take long before that little guy made me change my mind.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #24
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

Update.....

Pisgah is doing great! He is strong and eating well!! He was transfered to Blue Ridge Wildlife Institute. They are now looking for a friend for him. Today he caught a mouse!!!!! I wish you all could have heard the ltl growls he was making. It was adorable. They thumped the mouse on the head so he was a ltl disoriented (that way he wouldn't run away to fast) and my boy ponced on him!!!!! He struted around with it in his mouth and I swear he was grinning. That means he has enough of the wild instinct to stay wild. No zoo or cages for my boy! I am so happy and excited. I feel like such a proud mama Those blue eyes and cute face just captured my heart. I can't wait till he's big enough to turn loose.

We're still looking for brothers or sister but I think we are to late to help them. *sniff* We'll keep looking for another couple days just to be sure.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #25
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Diva View Post
Update.....

Pisgah is doing great! He is strong and eating well!! He was transfered to Blue Ridge Wildlife Institute. They are now looking for a friend for him. Today he caught a mouse!!!!! I wish you all could have heard the ltl growls he was making. It was adorable. They thumped the mouse on the head so he was a ltl disoriented (that way he wouldn't run away to fast) and my boy ponced on him!!!!! He struted around with it in his mouth and I swear he was grinning. That means he has enough of the wild instinct to stay wild. No zoo or cages for my boy! I am so happy and excited. I feel like such a proud mama Those blue eyes and cute face just captured my heart. I can't wait till he's big enough to turn loose.

We're still looking for brothers or sister but I think we are to late to help them. *sniff* We'll keep looking for another couple days just to be sure.
that's great!!

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #26
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

That's awesome!
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #27
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

That's great! I'm amazed that such a tiny little cub can still be a killing machine Did the vet have any idea how old he was?
Old 06-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #28
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
As long as you use something smaller than a .270 or .308. Anything bigger and the taxidermist will not like you very much. Sewing pieces of fur back together can get very time consuming.
I think I had the 243 that day. I don't think I was using my cousins 300 Ultra Mag that day.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #29
canibeyou
I'm taller on Facebook

What a cutie! Glad to hear he's doin' well.

We have many bobcats here. I've seen a few. Jumped outta the car to try and pet a baby once. My husband just sat behind the wheel, shakin' his head! LOL
Old 06-01-2009, 09:53 PM   #30
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
That's great! I'm amazed that such a tiny little cub can still be a killing machine Did the vet have any idea how old he was?
W.e think some where around 20 days???? He didn't try to eat it but he was so proud that he had it. I still chuckle thinking about it