Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #21
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
My neighborhood doesn't have a HOA. It works pretty well. Everyone mows their grass, keeps bushes trimmed, and people voluntarily maintain the nighborhood entrance sign. No need for a HOA we just do it. Spontaneous organization FTW!!!

Plus no one gets pissy if a dog is running around without a leash, or upset with the kid who made a little ATV trail next to his house, nor do people get upset when the street is slammed full of cars from someone having a party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmblebee View Post
We have a small HOA and it leaves people alone, unless you are messing up. The Association has a board, which is usually the people who do most of the work and a president, who is the guy with the tractor and does the most work...we live on a dirt road. Our dues are about 10 bucks a month plus 10 gallons of diesel per year per member for the tractor. We did have a special assessment in February of 20 bucks per "lot" to buy a new tire for the tractor...

We meet once a quarter, usually a "work day" and set up in a different yard and have the grill and tables set up under the pop ups and make a social event out of it. Of course, no member has any problem telling another member about any issues, and No money can be spent without a 2/3 vote of the total membership. It works for us
These are what I consider a great neighborhood.

People know their neighbor.
They keep their shit in order because that's what people do not because the HONazi's tell them to.
If there is a problem, neighbors discuss it over a beer, not an attorney's desk.

I wish neighborhoods like this weren't so rare anymore.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #22
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post

They keep their shit in order because that's what people do not because the HONazi's tell them to.
If there is a problem, neighbors discuss it over a beer, not an attorney's desk.

That's the kind of neighborhood I live we, We all get together once a month for a huge drinking party. It's like college all over again. Doctors and lawyers doing beer bongs at 40 years old.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #23
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

my neighbor and i went yard vigilante on the house across the street........hadn't been mowed in 3-4 weeks ( i have to mow 1x a week) hadn't been edged in 5-6 months

the peeps bought the house 2.5yrs ago. never really lived in it nor took care of teh outside (remember it's a $250k house)

moved in 4-5 mos ago finally living in it

women folk moved out (4) after 1-2mos ( i think dude hit the wife)

dude comes maybe 1x a week

weird situation

and we get HOA letters cuz we left aprils play table outside......grrrr
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #24
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
the peeps bought the house 2.5yrs ago. never really lived in it nor took care of teh outside (remember it's a $250k house)
I remember.

Now tell me, what does that mean?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:36 AM   #25
RACER X
AMA Supersport

they never lived in it. they owned another house in town. so they basically used it for storage. they came once in a while, would mill around and leave.

he would bring the mower over ever few months and mow.

they left the back windows open at 1 time and it rained so they had to replace carpet.

they remodeled some stuff even though it was nicely appointed.

she was a nurse anesethologist (asian) so she made bank, dude (whitey) said he was a pro tennis coach but i doubt w/ the physique he had.

she was pretty normal but prolly very asian and he wasn't right.......
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #26
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

What the heck difference does their nationality or race make?
Irresponsibility of property owners has nothing to do with the make or model of the people...its an all shapes and sizes thing.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:43 AM   #27
shmike
Follower

Quote:
he wasn't right.......
Old 05-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #28
MissHell
Followed the crowd over.

Moto: '07 Yahama R6

Quote:
... we get HOA letters cuz we left aprils play table outside......grrrr
That sucks.
MissHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #29
RACER X
AMA Supersport

we have rules that we can't keep up those portable basketball goals up, so i guess it's similar.

we do our best to keep the yard/house nice and take pride in it, as i would think any homeowner

sad that we have to have HOA's. sometimes we wish they had more power sometimes less.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #30
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post

We live in a great neighborhood up here. We have an HOA, but most people address any issues with each other directly. I've not heard of anyone getting a notice from the HOA, etc. Someone usually has a big party every now and then, or we'll do a cul de sac party in front of our house, etc. Organized poker nights for the guys happen every so often.

One guy I've ridden with a couple of times invited everyone in the neighborhood to his house for a 40th birthday party for his wife - he had live music, 2 kegs, everyone brought food and drinks, etc. Must have been 150+ people there. It was pretty cool, even when people started singing kareoke LOL. On Friday or Saturday nights, it's not uncommon to walk the dogs and come across an impromptu gathering in someone's driveway.

Everyone is friendly with each other, everyone watches out for one another, keeps an eye on their place if they are away on vacation, etc. I know about 1/2 of the people in our neighborhood on a first name basis. I've never lived in a place like before. It's awesome. It's a shame most can't be like this.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote