Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-31-2009, 10:49 PM   #21
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
We have the 8900 now. My brother bought his a few weeks ago. They go for $225/3 year. Bold is $300/3 year. For some reason I thought that the Bold was $50 cheaper. They might have to kiss my ass on that one. Still not sure. The big problem is when I try the phones out I feel lost. And I want to touch the screen. I'm starting to get over that part but I'm not sure yet.

As far as waiting till the end of the year, my Treo started acting up a couple of months ago so I can't use (well I can but its a pain in the ass now) it anymore. This means I'm stuck with my wifes Nokia 5300. I hate her phone. I didn't mind it when it was her phone but I hate using it myself. So waiting to the end of the year might not be possible.

If I get one I might get one for her as well. I was thinking the Pearl for her but she likes the Pearl flip. I don't know what it is with people and those damn flip phones. I haven't liked flip phones since day one. But if she wants it thats up to her.

James
It is something you get used to. I briefly went back from the Storm to the Curve for a week just to play with it before completely dropping ATT and had a bitch of a time not trying to tap the screen to make a selection, but after two days, that was done. The little trackball is a very intuitive way to make selections and is quick to learn.

And as much as I dislike flip phones like you do, the Pearl Flip is a better, more up to date phone than the regular Pearl. It just looks half retarded.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:57 PM   #22
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
It is something you get used to. I briefly went back from the Storm to the Curve for a week just to play with it before completely dropping ATT and had a bitch of a time not trying to tap the screen to make a selection, but after two days, that was done. The little trackball is a very intuitive way to make selections and is quick to learn.

And as much as I dislike flip phones like you do, the Pearl Flip is a better, more up to date phone than the regular Pearl. It just looks half retarded.
The track ball is quick but maybe its the icons or something. Maybe its just I don't want to leave my Palm but it just looks off. I'm sure I could figure it out quick. I had to feel my way around the Treo when I bought that too. I think I'm mad because I can't find something with 100% of what I want.

What did they change with the flip? The phone itself doesn't seem to be built as well as the old Pearl.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:33 PM   #23
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
The track ball is quick but maybe its the icons or something. Maybe its just I don't want to leave my Palm but it just looks off. I'm sure I could figure it out quick. I had to feel my way around the Treo when I bought that too. I think I'm mad because I can't find something with 100% of what I want.

What did they change with the flip? The phone itself doesn't seem to be built as well as the old Pearl.

James
There's more internal memory on the Flip (128 megs vs. 64 megs), the Flip sports the newer 4.6 OS that is slightly more media friendly and has a better browser, and the keys feel bigger and slightly more responsive.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 03-31-2009, 11:34 PM   #24
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I like flips because you can just throw them in a pocket without the buttons snagging on anything or collecting dust. Plus if you're too lazy to dig out your headset, a flipphone is nicer to talk on than a brick phone, because it fully extends from your ear to your mouth.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:33 AM   #25
Corey
AMA Supersport

And slightly related, the App Store finally launched about 15 minutes ago for all you Blackberry folks. It's downloadable at mobile.blackberry.com through the App World link, even though it says coming soon.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:57 AM   #26
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I like flips because you can just throw them in a pocket without the buttons snagging on anything or collecting dust. Plus if you're too lazy to dig out your headset, a flipphone is nicer to talk on than a brick phone, because it fully extends from your ear to your mouth.
Yeah thats what everyone said that had the Motorola flip back in the day and I had my Nokia 100. You don't need the mic to touch your mouth for someone to hear you. I have always owned "brick" phones and I never had a problem.

Jamess

Quote:
There's more internal memory on the Flip (128 megs vs. 64 megs), the Flip sports the newer 4.6 OS that is slightly more media friendly and has a better browser, and the keys feel bigger and slightly more responsive.
Thanks.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:57 AM   #27
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
And slightly related, the App Store finally launched about 15 minutes ago for all you Blackberry folks. It's downloadable at mobile.blackberry.com through the App World link, even though it says coming soon.
just saw that this morning... so much for sign'n up for updates... did that two weeks ago... no update... just a launch... but hell guess that's better than nothing at all
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:02 AM   #28
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

Rob has the Bold and it does EVERYTHING...well, not dishes, but you get my jist... He loves it. He has it synchronized with exchange/outlook and it updates like every 15 minutes. It's got a trackball and is easy to maneuver around the web on. There's quite a few websites that sell accessories at a reasonable cost, and I swear, he has them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:04 AM   #29
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

Quote:
How long will it last you? With my Treo I was going all day texting like crazy (no surfing after I received my cell bill after my daughter was born. ), plus a lot of phone calls and have power at the end of the day. I think I could go a day and half if I used it a lot but I charged it every night so I was good to go all day.

James
the specs say it has 4.5 hours of talk time not sure what the standby time is. but i'm usually good on it for a solid day then i need to hit the charger up. i usually stick on the mobile charger on my way home from work if its really low.

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #30
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

I got a blackberry curve. I couldnt justify 250$ for the bold when the curve was free. And I am totally satisfied. The phone does more than I had ever hoped it could.

Ive downloaded all the standard apps, like google maps, browsers, weather, that kind of stuff. What other apps are out there, 3rd party stuff you guys find useful? And where do you find them?
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote