Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
I guess my HVAC mixing box is better than yours. My basement stays about 4-5 degrees cooler than my upstairs.
I have been blocking off the HVAC system down there. Hell yours is probably heating your basement up instead of cooling it down.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #22
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
You are wayyyyy behind. PEPCO has already installed smart meters. And you are correct in your assumptions. But the only way to keep it from happening is to go totally "off grid". No cell phone, no credit card, no utility power etc...
You wanna be the next billionaire ? Find a way to mine electrical power harmonics for equipment signatures and catalog them.
Already well underway by a company in the UK. You're gonna have to be more than 1-2 years ahead of the curve if you want to be the next tech billionaire.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #23
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Already well underway by a company in the UK. You're gonna have to be more than 1-2 years ahead of the curve if you want to be the next tech billionaire.
Ok-Build a nanobot that travels down the wire and waits for your appliance/media system warranty runs out and then breaks it.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #24
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Ok-Build a nanobot that travels down the wire and waits for your appliance/media system warranty runs out and then breaks it.
Call me a cynic, but I think Sony and Panasonic have had that technology for years! At least on everything I buy...
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Call me a cynic, but I think Sony and Panasonic have had that technology for years! At least on everything I buy...
I fully believe from what I have learned that they purposely under engineer their products so they don't last the test of time. I don't think they go out of their way to make sure they break, but I do think they purposely design them cheaper so they have to be replaced and because of course it saves a ton of money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #26
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

The man wants to turn off my Playstation!

Old 07-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #27
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Somebody talked about unit recovery time and other aspects of your HVAC. That's the ticket.

Your A/C just doesn't have the recovery speed that heat does.

In the winter, I can drop my heat 6*-8* and recover that in mins (~45). A/C is a different animal, a 2* raise can take 2+ hours to recover (say going from 72 to 70) if the heat outside is in the 90s. The A/C units just aren't designed to cope beyond a 20* drop inside vs outside temps.

In my 30YO house that has everybit of 18-24" of insolation in the attic, a new roof, and good wall insulation) If I keep the shades drawn I can keep my inside temp about 72* even when it's 100* out. But the A/C doesn't shut off from about 1pm till probably 2-3am.

my neighbors who have the same layout can't get their house below about 80*. They don't have the insulation and updates I have.

Further, consider the different types of freon people are running. Certainly companies talk about new A/C units being more efficient but they aren't considering that the new freon isn't as cold as the older units like mine from the 90s. I forget the numbers but you get the idea...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #28
fujimoh
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR 1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/forum...ookieSupport=1

BOTTOM LINE: The Chiappa PASSIVE RFID can be read ONLY when passed within (2-3 inches) of an active (and powered) reader that is dialed in for the particular long antenna radio frequency of the RFID-this is not random. And it will NOT go into operation for a year or more.
Yeah, and 5 years ago OnStar swore they couldn't track or take control of your car too, and we see how that lie has been turned out
fujimoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #29
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

What if I already have good insulation and quality energy efficient dual pane windows AND I get the Nest thermostat? ZOMG!
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #30
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
What if I already have good insulation and quality energy efficient dual pane windows AND I get the Nest thermostat? ZOMG!
You're ahead of the curve.

I have three separate units for my house, one for each floor - even though the two top floors are only one room. I have sun screens on the top two floors and a house that was purposely built facing North and South with the larger windows those directions - East and West have smaller windows only on the top of the rooms. It's about twice the size of the house we moved out of and so far it uses slightly less electricity a month to keep it comfortable.

Speaking of comfortable, my thermostat is set to 76/degrees through the summer during the day. 82/degrees at night. What do y'all put yours at?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote