Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #21
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I didnt even know shitzus knew how to bite...everyone I've ever seen has been mellow or so friendly it peed from excitement...with really effed up teeth that couldnt do much damage.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #22
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
I didnt even know shitzus knew how to bite...everyone I've ever seen has been mellow or so friendly it peed from excitement...with really effed up teeth that couldnt do much damage.
My aunt had one that gave my sister a pretty big scar. She was just petting it and playing with it, not even rough or wrestling with it. It was more of a ripping bite, long and tearing, than deep. We all saw it happen and the dog was grabbed and chucked outside very quickly. It was always a nice dog, it freakin just flipped a switch and went psycho. It wasn't allowed around us after that when we went to my Aunt's house. She had to keep it outside while any kids were in the house.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #23
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

My grandparents had some shitzus, and they were mean little monsters.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #24
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Doubly-so since, as a greeter, it was her job to enforce the "no pets" policy of the store.
Yeah LOL...its only a no-pets policy if one gets their nose taken off.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #25
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

The bigger problem is irresponsible pet owners. Most people allow small dogs to do anything, They jump on you, they bark, they snap but it's ok they are 'little' so it's cute. BS - Small dogs needs the same discipline as any other size dog and anyone that brings their dog in public is responsible for how it acts.

That being said, you have to also remember people are stupid, they will walk right up and stick their face to any animals face like it's nothing. In Dog language this is a threat....and they often react. They will touch and pet your dog without your consent or even bothering to ask, etc. So if you aren't confident in the socialization and temperament of your pet then don't take them public places. If there's any concern then muzzle them until you are sure...

It's a shame and I hate misbehaved animals as much as the next but it's not their fault at all. They weren't taught any different.
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #26
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
The bigger problem is irresponsible pet owners. Most people allow small dogs to do anything, They jump on you, they bark, they snap but it's ok they are 'little' so it's cute. BS - Small dogs needs the same discipline as any other size dog and anyone that brings their dog in public is responsible for how it acts.

That being said, you have to also remember people are stupid, they will walk right up and stick their face to any animals face like it's nothing. In Dog language this is a threat....and they often react. They will touch and pet your dog without your consent or even bothering to ask, etc. So if you aren't confident in the socialization and temperament of your pet then don't take them public places. If there's any concern then muzzle them until you are sure...

It's a shame and I hate misbehaved animals as much as the next but it's not their fault at all. They weren't taught any different.
Exactly! And people's similar lack of control over their kids is what keeps us from bringing ghost out more often. Vic already lost one dog to some retard's kid running up and hitting it in the face. Don't want it happening again
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote