Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #21
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

What about the trend now to have a laptop in the dash of most new cars? That's gotta be at LEAST as distracting as talking on the phone doesn't it?

Some people just can't drive for shit....phone or no phone....you know the type I'm talking about...the ones that trip and fall on the way to the car as they were chewing gum at the time....or the ones who walk to the car and then sit down and forget where they were going....

There is no cure, legal or otherwise, for stupid.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #22
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I was semi-ok with people talking on their phones while they drive. Sure, they would occasionally veer into my lane, bump me at a light or run over a group of school children on their way to a recital, but it was tolerated.

Now they're making laws against it while something far more sinister and dangerous is becoming habit for many younger drivers, and that's surfing the web while driving. Seriously, see it all the time, people reading web pages, surfing Google, etc. etc....while going down the highway at 70mph.

I dealt with the people talking on the phone, but I sold my motorcycle when smart phones got popular...and you motherfuckers still riding on the street in city traffic are insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tVKe1P_qiY
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #23
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

The insurance companies need to increase revenue, so naturally they lobby Congress to lower shit that cost them money. Accidents. Pretty simple.

IMO...only white and black MALES should be allowed to text or talk on the phone when driving. Anyone of the other sex or other ethnicities simply are marginal at driving to begin with and should not be allowed to use a phone while driving.

There I said it. lol

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #24
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

I have a friend that watches TV on his phone everyday back and forth to work. Fuck all that. I listen to hate radio and laugh my ass off.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:47 AM   #25
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post

IMO...only white and black MALES should be allowed to text or talk on the phone when driving. Anyone of the other sex or other ethnicities simply are marginal at driving to begin with and should not be allowed to use a phone while driving.

There I said it. lol
I just can't believe you're still single.

JC
Old 02-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #26
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
What about the trend now to have a laptop in the dash of most new cars? That's gotta be at LEAST as distracting as talking on the phone doesn't it?

Some people just can't drive for shit....phone or no phone....you know the type I'm talking about...the ones that trip and fall on the way to the car as they were chewing gum at the time....or the ones who walk to the car and then sit down and forget where they were going....

There is no cure, legal or otherwise, for stupid.
Our law, in Ontario, covers interaction with any electronic device while driving. That includes GPS units, by the way. Thing is that despite having laid almost 50K charges, over the last year, this law effectively isn't enforced. Just as prior to the law coming into force, I can still look around in traffic and find that every 4th person is on a hand-held cell.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #27
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

On base you can talk on your cell phone as long as you're using a hands-free device, is that a provision of the new york law? As for controlling the radio, I use my iPhone to play my music. I can change the song, artist or playlist by talking into my bluetooth headset and it has speed-sensitive volume, so no, I don't need to look away from the road or draw attention away from driving.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #28
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
On base you can talk on your cell phone as long as you're using a hands-free device, is that a provision of the new york law? As for controlling the radio, I use my iPhone to play my music. I can change the song, artist or playlist by talking into my bluetooth headset and it has speed-sensitive volume, so no, I don't need to look away from the road or draw attention away from driving.
hands free devices are legal to use here, its just if youre holding the phone to your ear.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #29
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
I just can't believe you're still single.

JC

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:57 AM   #30
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Have you driven a Smart Phone lately?

I seldom agree with much Maureen Dowd writes but this piece is spot on, IMO.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/27/op...=1&ref=opinion
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote