Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Seriously, for as often as I sit down and watch rented movies, 6$ is nothing, as i'd be lucky to spend 20$/month anyway.

If its a movie I really, really like/want, ill buy on bluray. If not, ill see it on TMN within months.
I guess but I'd imagine that if the quality was the same and price was less, you'd watch more. I know that since I've gotten rid of cable and went streaming only, I have watched a lot of stuff that I may have never watched if I had to pay for it.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #22
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
They got "owned" because this article was front page Yahoo, with a headline saying their customers are upset.

And more importantly because streaming quality isn't up there yet, (and likely never will be).
Again, I sound like a VuDu rep but try them, they give you one for free when you sign up, the picture quality is quite good!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #23
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak View Post
I'll stop getting DVD's if the movies I want to see are available to watch instantly.

I'd much rather stream them down to my TV than wait 2 days for the movie to arrive.

Their watch instantly titles are growing but they need to start making NEW movies available instantly. If they can do that, I'll change my service to instant only.
Absolutely. If they actually had a half-way decent streaming library I would have no complaint with them doing away with DVDs. But as of today, their streaming library is a steaming pile of shit.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #24
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Thing i worry about only streaming is useing a ton of bandwith and having your inernet company shutting down your connection.

What resolution are the movies when you download/stream? No point to use the service if it looks like shit on my 1080p tv.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #25
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
They got "owned" because this article was front page Yahoo, with a headline saying their customers are upset.

And more importantly because streaming quality isn't up there yet, (and likely never will be).
I doubt Netflix cares, especially as their membership rolls continue to grow. Where Netflix actually did get owned was with the most recent postage increase. Their estimated annual cost for that is around $50 million, or somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of their annual profit.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #26
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:

Soo in other words a bunch of folks crying about an obsolete format on an obsolete website? Seriously wtf uses yahoo anymore?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #27
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Yep. I like getting physical disks because I bought a BluRay player and an HD and right now the only way to get the most out of them is with BluRay discs, for me a big part of enjoying a movie is the visual art aspect which can be ruined when its been compressed for streaming. Plus, only about 10% of the movies I try to add to my queue are available instantly anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I agree with most of you guys.

Do away with disks only once your streaming library includes ALL the stuff I want to see.

I prefer streaming but the poor quality and lack of quantity is annoying.

Agree and agree
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Soo in other words a bunch of folks crying about an obsolete format on an obsolete website? Seriously wtf uses yahoo anymore?
I check the headlines on yahoo a lot from work. They always have some interesting/funny stories that are usually unblocked by gov't servers.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #29
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Did you just say that you don't have time for streaming but you do have time for torrents?
Yep. When I say I dont have time for streaming, I mean I dont have much time for TV in general. Torrents work fine for me.

For example, My GF and I like to watch Dexter. We burned through the first 4 seasons pretty quick. She couldnt wait for the 5th season to start but since it has we may have watched 1 or 2 episodes. (It may even be done by now, I dont even know.) So, 5 minutes on Vuze and I've got 2 or 3 episodes lined up in advance, ready to watch and free.
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #30
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Torrents... I can download dozens of movies at a time when they come out on DVD, quality is great, I can watch them at my leisure, and it's free. I don't know why anyone with a broadband connection would ever pay for Netflix.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote