JBA 8 88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #21
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Flowmasters drone alot from what I hear. The ones I posted are full exhaust systems with FRPP stingers. I seriously thought about a 40 but at highway speeds it sounds like youre riding a hornet. (or so I hear)

Jo SLP's sound awesome on any GT. And why get an 03-04? Go big with an 05-08 man
For the price range Im looking in (roughly 15K and under) I can take my pick of a bunch of 03-04 GTs with less than 40K miles on them with all the options I want. For the same price I can have 1-2 cars to choose from if I look at the S197s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
No joke about going big with it. Those fuckers are huge. Stay with the 03-04, possibly Cobra Terminator. I have a 00 V6 vert that I will hopefully be replacing soon with my grandpa's 01 Bullitt. IMO the 05+ don't look good without a fair bit of body work done to them and dropped from that 4x4 stance.

Oh yeah, look up Spintech mufflers for a GT. They sound fuckin sick. Mustangexhaust.com has tons of sound clips.
At some point I plan on having either A terminator or a 98 Cobra Vert with a termie motor in it, but I dont have that kind of money right now and absolutely refuse to drive a Cobra in snow. Im hoping to be out of Ohio before the winter of 09 but cant be sure of that or where Ill end up, so since Ill have a new car in the spring, the Cobras will have to wait. If I get a job offer before I ever go shopping a 98 cobra or 03-04 mach 1 may be in order.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #22
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
well, i think its pretty awesome you can admit it and not allow ego to get in the way. SB's arent for everyone, and if you honestly feel that way, stick to what you love, dont try to push yourself into something, you either love it or hate it and if ya hate it, well, find other loves.

We'll give ya a lil shit cuz we like ya, but respect the decision nonetheless. Your ass better not plan on going anywhere however!
Yeah I will def be getting one later on but right now, Im just not sure. And Im prepared for the bashing, Ive been around you guys long enough to know how it goes Ill be on here every now and then but I wont be gone for good, just like I am now. This place will always be my first home

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
For the price range Im looking in (roughly 15K and under) I can take my pick of a bunch of 03-04 GTs with less than 40K miles on them with all the options I want. For the same price I can have 1-2 cars to choose from if I look at the S197s.
Yeah I was just messin with ya. The 03-04 GT's look awesome and sound just as good as they look. If I didnt love the gas mileage and color of my car I would probably be looking for one. And the V6 Mustangs arent as bad as people make them out to be, theyre fast enough for a daily driver and can be modded to put out 500+hp.
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #23
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

he he he, but no 6 can ever make the rumble and purr that my sweet lil (read:tank) 06 GT puts out bone stock ...i love my car...however pulling out and watching my gas gauge slide right down isnt nearly so awesome...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #24
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

i like cruisin white collar style in my 4 door sedan, straight gangsta style. i think i may get some aftermarket floor mats for it.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:39 AM   #25
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen View Post
The JBA gets my vote. They sound really similar but the first ones sounds too tinny.
Agreed.
DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #26
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
ya know, not trying to kill the bike thing for you, but I have found you can really only have one true love at a time, its either the bike or the car...
Huh ? Well I must be a multi-tasker...I love my bikes...my Vette...my boat and actually would like to have two more bikes for riding with the cruiser crowd. My wallet is all that's holding me back from running out and buying two more bikes right now for the wife and I.

At times I find I don't have enough time to tinker with all of them enough but bored with any of them...nope...

I think the OP is just scared of the bike and doesn't enjoy it...that's all.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #27
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Quote:
he he he, but no 6 can ever make the rumble and purr that my sweet lil (read:tank) 06 GT puts out bone stock ...i love my car...however pulling out and watching my gas gauge slide right down isnt nearly so awesome...
Yeah I want a GT but I like my gas mileage too much lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
i like cruisin white collar style in my 4 door sedan, straight gangsta style. i think i may get some aftermarket floor mats for it.
Do it...they add 5hp...as do performance stickers :Lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Huh ? Well I must be a multi-tasker...I love my bikes...my Vette...my boat and actually would like to have two more bikes for riding with the cruiser crowd. My wallet is all that's holding me back from running out and buying two more bikes right now for the wife and I. I think the OP is just scared of the bike and doesn't enjoy it...that's all.
Well i dont think im scared of the bike as much as I am the cars. I frequently hit 35+ on the trails and it doesnt phase me a bit. I want to go faster
Old 06-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #28
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Yeah I want a GT but I like my gas mileage too much lol
What kind of mileage do the newer v6s and GTs get? Cuz I know with the new edges (99-04) its only a difference of typically 1-2 mpg.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:37 AM   #29
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
What kind of mileage do the newer v6s and GTs get? Cuz I know with the new edges (99-04) its only a difference of typically 1-2 mpg.
Mine gets 21mpg or so. Not really sure about the GT tho.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:32 AM   #30
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

i think money is the equalizer. if you have a shit load of burnable cash, you can have more than one love. i have a car, and a bike, but thats because i havent hit baller status yet. its hard to love a piece of shit, and it takes money to do stuff right/the way you want. so you prioritize.

if i had mad cash, i'd have 2 dragbikes, a trackday bike, a streetbike, a racy 2door coupe, a luxury 4door sedan, a convertible, a suv, trailer, drag car, front engine dragster dirt bike, a lowrider and a truck. i'd be busy every weekend and loving every minute.

but if the sportbike scares you, dont ride. a healthy fear is cool, but if it scares you to the point of you're doing 45 on a highway, you're putting yourself in danger. sell it. do it now and get a good summertime price, hook up the mustang. do you go to the nmra races?