Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-25-2010, 10:15 PM   #21
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Evasion is only a felony because runners put others on the road at risk.
Not really, unless the cop gives pursuit.

And I don't see the need to toss your keys on the ground. I just shut the motor off and sit upright. If they still feel threatened by that, they can tell me to throw the keys on the ground or something, but so far I've never been asked to do anything at all, besides remove my helmet which is obvious.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #22
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Whatever pig lovers! Avery I think there a bit of sausage juice on your chin... Does anyone remember the thread where the guy took his hands off the grips and the cop shot him? Heck, he hadn't even ran. Some of you will stick up for the cops no matter what they do. I've always been told to leave my hands on the "wheel" during a stop. Is that no longer correct? Hopefully your faith won't ever be misplaced.

I understand the guy ran...I'm not sure why he slowed down... They had him stopped and boxed in. If the officer had drawn his weapon and covered the guy while another officer cuffed him, okay. To jump the guy stopped, not posing any threat what so ever...unacceptable. I've had the police "overreact" towards me before, it's not a good feeling to be attacked by the people you have been taught are there to protect you.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #23
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Evasion is only a felony because cops don't like to be told no.
Agreed.

The 7-mile chase made them eager to pounce on the guy. Plus, anytime there's more than one cop, there's peer pressure to show off in front of the other cop. I can guarantee the first cop wouldn't have tackled the rider if he was alone. But he wasn't alone, so he thinks "Hey I need to act really gung-ho so that my fellow cop will tell everyone what a true patriot I am, and then I'll get promoted".

This is why stronger emotional maturity screening needs to be done on cops. Not just the standard criminal record and physical fitness stuff.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

7 miles? You all understand that represents maybe 5 minutes...
Old 11-26-2010, 12:48 AM   #25
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Lon, I'm not always on the side of cops. Some of them do some really fucked up shit. Like the ones shooting the dogs in the drug raid someone posted. And like the one that shot the guy in the back. However, I am on the cops side the majority of the time, but that's normally because the people they're chasing or trying to apprehend are doing some fucked up shit. Did this particular cop go a LITTLE overboard? Maybe a touch, but not so much that it should cause everybody to get their panties in a twist.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:25 AM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Lon, I'm not always on the side of cops. Some of them do some really fucked up shit. Like the ones shooting the dogs in the drug raid someone posted. And like the one that shot the guy in the back. However, I am on the cops side the majority of the time, but that's normally because the people they're chasing or trying to apprehend are doing some fucked up shit. Did this particular cop go a LITTLE overboard? Maybe a touch, but not so much that it should cause everybody to get their panties in a twist.
Yea but what if it were YOUR daughter on that bike? What if that was your bike that got knocked over? What if your kidneys had been damaged? Again, I understand that this kid "ran" for a whole 7 miles...wow...does that make it okay for the cops to tackle him without provocation? Some of these chases are a lot worse than this with the runner ramming his car into the cops or bystanders. Maybe if he had led the cops for hours and miles, he MIGHT deserve some roughing up but for a 5 minute "chase"?
Old 11-26-2010, 07:57 AM   #27
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Detective Donut was just a tad over-enthusiastic with his Superman imitation.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #28
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
This will open a whol eother can of worms about weather or not they should pursue someone.
I know. I was stiring the pot for my own twisted entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Detective Donut was just a tad over-enthusiastic with his Superman imitation.

Detective Donut

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #29
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

The video edit shown has the biker already stopped, a cruiser arriving to box him in even though he can be seen clearly shutting down...and then I counted nearly five seconds of him remaining dead still, before he's blindsided by Detective Danish.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #30
Hydrant
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 2003 Suzuki TL1000R, 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Yea but what if it were YOUR daughter on that bike? What if that was your bike that got knocked over? What if your kidneys had been damaged? Again, I understand that this kid "ran" for a whole 7 miles...wow...does that make it okay for the cops to tackle him without provocation? Some of these chases are a lot worse than this with the runner ramming his car into the cops or bystanders. Maybe if he had led the cops for hours and miles, he MIGHT deserve some roughing up but for a 5 minute "chase"?

I would think in the eyes of the cops, a chase is a chase is a chase. He is evading, no other easier way to state it than that. As far as if that were my kids ( I don't have any but I'll reply the best I can) I'll sit here and say that yea it serves them right, but in reality I would probably be upset, with both the cops for the tackle and my kid for being a dumbass and running.

My thinking when it comes to police is what I would say, is probably somewhat old school. I haven't had a lot of police run in's but when I have, I've never had a problem. I give them respect, I don't expect to get out of tickets by being nice, but if it does then hey great.