Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:15 AM   #22
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

Down here it's the 12 inch stretch, lowering kit, single front brake rotor and the 300 section tire. It's hard to not hit something solid when you're doing 100+ everywhere and your bike won't turn or stop.

I'd be curious to see what the Mexican and Puerto Rican stat is on the same thing. I see more of them exploded down here than blacks by a long ways...
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:36 AM   #23
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceaholic View Post
Down here it's the 12 inch stretch, lowering kit, single front brake rotor and the 300 section tire. It's hard to not hit something solid when you're doing 100+ everywhere and your bike won't turn or stop.

I'd be curious to see what the Mexican and Puerto Rican stat is on the same thing. I see more of them exploded down here than blacks by a long ways...
I saw an article and also t/w a friend whos puerto rican and it seems all they have on the island are busas and at the time zx-12's.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #24
Switch
dadbod

I blame the Ruff Rydas.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #25
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I wouldnt think so, ems response times in NYC arent too bad even in the ghetto areas. Plus these ER's see a lot more trauma than your rural or suburban ER's do so the servies there are usualy prety good betwwen ER, trauma surgery and orthopedics.
Here in Atlanta the hood is right next to Grady Hospital which is a Level 1 trauma center. The next Level 1 trauma is 200 miles away and that one is in the hood too. White folks get POS Level 3/4 traumas and crap response times. Our level 2s belong to the Mexicans.

I'll give a racist guess as to why. Black riders are more likely to buy fast bikes but wear Harley gear.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #26
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

It's a conspiracy to keep a brotha down...

No seriously, I think motorcycles hate black people.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Okay, I'm not taking the bait on this one and almost didn't even open it considering the OP but here's what I think.

1. Regardless of what bikes are being ridden or how, the stats concern what happens AFTER an accident. The question isn't "why do blacks get in more accidents on bikes?" If it were then the moronic answers concerning our riding style or choice of equipment, might come into play. As someone already pointed out, " 50mph crash is a 50mph crash regardless of what type of bike you are on."

2. I personally believe that it is a lack of health insurance. Yes, I know that if you show up at the emergency room, they will treat you. I also know that hundreds/thousands of dollars worth of bills will begin flowing into your mailbox afterwards. Contrary to apparent popular believe here, low/mid income black people don't get "free" medical care. Believe it or not, some of us even PAY OUR BILLS. I've had to friends die because they got into accidents and left the hospital prematurely or were never treated because of bill fears. I know that it may come as a shock to some of you but at least some of us don't lay around with our hand out waiting for the great white father to provide for our every need. Also, many of us, myself included, don't trust doctors or the medical profession in general.

3. Lastly, I think it may have something to do with the lack of "legacy" when it comes to motorcycling. Most of the black riders that I know are first generation riders. Conversely, many of the white riders I know have had motorcycling in their families for generations. Of course, again, this would fall more into the "why they get in more accidents" line of argument and not the "why do they die afterwards" debate.

It's an interesting debate, minus the obvious racist comments of course, I'd be interested in seeing the raw numbers along with a map of the accident locations and the pertinent crash data-speed, type of bike, gear, etc. I highly doubt that it's in any way the fault of the EMTs or the hospitals.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #28
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
id join you on this but i had solid motor mounts in my shelby z and it was a very similar effect. girls sure did seem to like riding in it though...
That's different. Solid motor mounts are a performance enhancement. Lack of Dynamat is just lazy and ignorant.

I didn't see it, but did the study account for gear other than helmets?
Old 10-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #29
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Also, many of us, myself included, don't trust doctors or the medical profession in general.
Because most doctors seem to be White or Asian? Or what? You don't have to explain if you don't want to , just curious.

I'm gonna have to go with the Smittie argument........T-shirts & club vests aren't exactly quality gear. Also, on a similar note, the Black population is skewed towards the South, and if you ride in the South you're often tempted to ride without gear.

Last edited by Homeslice; 10-02-2010 at 02:40 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #30
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
..... Contrary to apparent popular believe here, low/mid income black people don't get "free" medical care. Believe it or not, some of us even PAY OUR BILLS. I've had to friends die because they got into accidents and left the hospital prematurely or were never treated because of bill fears. I know that it may come as a shock to some of you but at least some of us don't lay around with our hand out waiting for the great white father to provide for our every need. Also, many of us, myself included, don't trust doctors or the medical profession in general......
They don't dare buy adequate Health Insurance, but rims, sounds, 4 cell phones, 300 channel cable instead.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote