Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #21
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Put a sign on the dogs back that says, "I ..... ...... & dog do not take responability of dogs actions."
Good luck with that. A kid could be shoving a stick up the dog's ass, but if the dog maims or kills the kid as a result you and your homeowners carrier could be facing a million dollar plus lawsuit.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #22
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Don't say a word about it and keep your dog in the house, you'll never have a problem.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #23
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Do you think hes going to tear up your house? If so then 1. Dont get him. 2. Dont register him and pay out of pocket instead of making claim after claim.
Not worried at all about property damage... it's the bite factor. Even the best trained, calmest fucking dog in the world will bite if provoked enough. Unfortunately, the courts look at it as ALWAYS the dog/dog owner's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
There's your answer OSP.

Just check the box next to: "A trained dog or one that was never crazy since he/she was born, never been like a small child, also never barks."
Fuck... missed that part of the app...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
It's mainly about the dog biting someone. StateFarm told me that with them...they will allow one bite. Of course that wasn't actually written down anywhere.
Yeah, and I've read various accounts of SF policy holders who've had such claims without any rate increases or being dropped. I soooooooooo wish SF would do homeowners in FL. I have them on my truck and they seriously cannot be beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Good luck with that. A kid could be shoving a stick up the dog's ass, but if the dog maims or kills the kid as a result you and your homeowners carrier could be facing a million dollar plus lawsuit.
Exactly. My dog will be properly trained, well-behaved, and socialized like a motherfucker... However, there are only so many sharp sticks that can be poked up anyone, or anything's ass, before a retaliation.

That's said, an independant insurance agent just called me in response to my online quote request... could care less what kind of dog as long as it's not a Pit or Rott... and saves me about $500/yr. Fuckin' A... today's gonna be a good day.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #24
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Glad we never have to worry about that.. if anyone asks my dog is a lab/husky mix. You can only see the rotty if you know what you're looking for.

Our insurers know nothing of our new dog, but they might have known about our previous lab from when we moved in.

I'm with the others.. if you feel you have to add him to the policy, then play dumb and say lab mix. I'm sure you could get away with that easily.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #25
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

i don't recall ever registering any dogs with homeowners but maybe i did.. can't remember but could have been on the paperwork..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #26
t-homo
WSB Champion

I am actually getting ready to take my insurance exam in a couple of weeks. I was riding along with an agent last week one day talking about different things to look at. He said some companies wont even insure a house with a boxer. Pretty much any time that a dog bites someone, the insurance company will basically ask if a $10,000 check will make the whole situation go away. And inspectors from the corporate side of things will come around and check homes they insure in the area sometimes and if there is a dog there that isn't covered, they will go as far as to completely pull your coverage.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:25 PM   #27
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Chihuahua/Lab mix.

Go with the Lab mix. If they want you to be more specific, then say you think it is mixed with a Swiis or Bernese Mountain Dog. I remember your thread a while back and you think it is a Rott mix right?

If you are worried about Children being bit then put up a Herbert the Pervert warning sign.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #28
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Moto: 08 R6

What I don't understand is almost every dog is capable of a growling snap/bite...is that an attack?
If a dog attacks and is on the offensive(latches onto you and keeps going trying for your neck)...yes there is a problem. But 99% (just a guess) of dog attacks are deffensive snips/bites.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #29
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

I've had dogs most of my life and have never had any of them mentioned on or by my homeowners Ins.
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #30
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Chihuahua/Lab mix.

Go with the Lab mix. If they want you to be more specific, then say you think it is mixed with a Swiis or Bernese Mountain Dog. I remember your thread a while back and you think it is a Rott mix right?

If you are worried about Children being bit then put up a Herbert the Pervert warning sign.
Different dog...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote