Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

You know? For a guy that loves to rip on the equipment of others...you're kind of touchy...just saying.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #22
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
You know? For a guy that loves to rip on the equipment of others...you're kind of touchy...just saying.
Honest, learned criticism is one thing, stupid evaluation is another.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #23
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Fal, I demoed the px4 a couple of years back. Iirc the trigger was so light and long it gave me issues, much preferred the full framed usp45 and beretta 92 brigadier vertec I fired afterward
The trigger is fairly light in single action, and rather heavy in double action. I must admit that it will take me a bit to get used to the PX4 Storm than the USPC45 that I have. I can do some decent groups on SA, but DA is pretty bad right now. With PMC 230-grain FMJ, it shoots a bit low but dead on. The DA pulls heavily low and to the right. I'll go out next time and practice some more on it. I think that the PX4 has some potential with precision shooting, but not with the factory sights. The factory sights are big and easy to pick up, but also too coarse for precision shooting. Of course that's the point of these kinds of handguns - quick shooting. But it would be nice to see how they really perform with slow fire practice. You never know when you might have to do a head shot at 25-yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Sorry FNfalman Respectfully, I will take My XD over the Open slide on the 92. Both good guns I like the XD better.
But when it has to work every time give me a Wheel Gun.
How about giving us a write up on the Sig?
If you think that the open slide of the 92 is a bad design, then by all means. Just remember that it passed the US Army Board of Ordnance test TWICE against all the other Wondernines.

The SIG just barely got zeroed in, so there's not much to tell. I zeroed it in at 25-meters. I don't care for the SIG red dot sight too much. You have to loosen the elevation locking nut, THEN adjust the elevation, THEN tightened the elevation locking nut down so that it won't wander. WTF, over? The trigger is pretty light but long with the take-up - typical military trigger. I shot a box of PMC 55-grains ball and 2 boxes of Russian 62-grains ball. It seemed to cycle the Russkie steel casing just fine. Accuracy is acceptable at 25-meter which ain't shit. We shall see the next time when we extend the range out to 100-meters plus.

As far as wheelguns go, they're the shit. Look at the photo comparison between wheelie rapid fire versus PX4 rapid fire.

Last edited by fnfalman; 09-19-2010 at 07:43 PM..
Old 09-19-2010, 08:03 PM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

This is 10 yards away?... As in 30 feet? And some of these groups were done with a rifle? Wow. Hey everybody, we can stop worrying about that Chinese military invasion now.... Just messing with you... Your groups are very good! I'm wondering why you can't correct your aim mechanically or physically? Have you tried a sighting stand? You know I'm messing with you right?
Old 09-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #25
fnfalman
Europhile

Quote:
This is 10 yards away?... As in 30 feet? And some of these groups were done with a rifle?
I didn't realize that my SIG 556 was chambered in .38 Special and .45ACP. You are indeed a firearms expert. Just messing with you...

Quote:
Your groups are very good! I'm wondering why you can't correct your aim mechanically or physically? Have you tried a sighting stand? You know I'm messing with you right?
First you establish your shot groups then you worry about the point of impact. Besides, these shot groups were made with PMC ammunition. Remington, Blazer, Winchester and a host of other ammunition may differ in the points of impact. This is basic shooting knowledge, which I'm sure you must be familiar with. You know I'm messing with you, right?

As far as try to use a different sighting stand in order to change the points of impacts, next time I'll try the Flying Crane Stance. If that doesn't work, I'll try Eagle Swoops Down On Owl.

Last edited by fnfalman; 09-19-2010 at 08:36 PM..
Old 09-19-2010, 08:37 PM   #26
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Most common? Try a Glock. Talk about common.

Too heavy? Lift some weights. Jesus H. Christ, how wimpy can you people be?

The XD is twice the price for the same thing. How does it feel to grossly overpay on something like that? Also let me know when the XD/HS2000 is being accepted by any major fighting unit.

You complain that the 92 didn't fit your hand well and that's why you aren't impressed? Guess what? The XD probably doesn't fit a lot of people's hands either. Should it be dismissed or degraded because the grip doesn't fit everybody's hands?
You're talking to a member of the Glock Hater fan club, no need to preach there...

Yet again, I havn't shot the thing yet, so there is no overall judgment on the gun itself. Its not the weight of the gun, its the distribution of said weight. You just know when something feels right.

I don't know what your talking about price wise. I picked up my used XD with 4 mags, a waist holster, a speed loader, hard case, etc.... for $385 otd. Now we are talking a gun that was so clean, it fooled the gun nuts behind the counter thinking it was new. Fooled me too, but I'm relatively new. They took it apart, and still couldn't believe.

Now on the flip side, Matt paid $470 otd for the 92, and that was after a $50 gift card for them selling him a marked gun. And it only included 2 mags, thats it. And while its in good condition, it is nowhere near as clean. Plus they have one there now that they want over $600 for! Fuck that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
Really? I find around here the Beretta's being much more expensive than the Springfield's. Awesome if you got the Beretta for a good price.
This....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold

Last edited by Porkchop; 09-19-2010 at 08:43 PM..
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:19 AM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Yeesh no sense of humor...besides, I thought the first groups were the rifle and the new hand gun.... Sorry. You know, you used to be rather funny... I wonder what happened ? Anyway, nice weapons, I hope you enjoy them. Adios.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:34 AM   #28
fnfalman
Europhile

Quote:
Yeesh no sense of humor...besides, I thought the first groups were the rifle and the new hand gun.... Sorry. You know, you used to be rather funny... I wonder what happened ? Anyway, nice weapons, I hope you enjoy them. Adios.
Funny how? Funny as in funny HaHa?

Old 09-20-2010, 12:34 AM   #29
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Didn't he move to butt fuck nowhere??? Whats the update on that FN? I checked your thread a couple weeks back but you hadn't updated....

Not getting that UCLA pussy anymore....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:36 AM   #30
fnfalman
Europhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Didn't he move to butt fuck nowhere??? Whats the update on that FN? I checked your thread a couple weeks back but you hadn't updated....

Not getting that UCLA pussy anymore....
I'm out in bum fuck egypt Potato Land. What's there to update? Shitty food, ugly chicks, no decent twisties to ride. The only saving grace is that there are some decent gun stores.