Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #21
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Weird

There's a time and place for everything...kids screaming/running around playing in a park...fine...their yard/house...fine but in a restaurant or a movie theater or in a store for example...not fine.

I don't have kids and don't want to hear it.

Don't get me wrong...I like kids...they are our future and they do posess an innocense BUT that doesn't mean I want to hear them screaming and have them running around my table when I'm trying to eat and carry on a conversation with another adult.

Keep your kids under control.
If these kind of kids are our future we're fucked.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #22
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
People don't know about me. They only see my sister suffering with her bat shit crazy kids that I have overdosed on sugar.
keep behind the scenes, well done.

I used to go to my sisters house, play with the kids and get em all fired up so theyre running amok, then I would go home. She would curse me for that regularly
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #23
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
keep behind the scenes, well done.

I used to go to my sisters house, play with the kids and get em all fired up so theyre running amok, then I would go home. She would curse me for that regularly
Turnabout is fair play.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:15 AM   #24
Krypt Keeper
Kneedragger

Moto: CBR1100XX, Daytona 600

How your child acts is a reflection of the parents. My sisters kids are great example of that. Its embarassing to go anywhere in public with them, they are either screaming, crawling on the floor at dinner, or into some form of mischief. Not uncommon for them to just walk up to people and kick them.

My son is no angel, but he will be polite and respectable to others. Structure plays a big role in raising a kid and seems alot of kids don't have that anymore.
Krypt Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #25
gavilan
Street Stunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
It seems to me that more and more people try and bring their kids everywhere. There are places children just aren't appropriate and it's annoying when they ruin my time because they're undisciplined.
No kidding! I was having breakfast with my roommate at a bar and there was a family sitting next to us with their kids screaming joyfully and walking around and stuff.

Really? A bar??

Granted, the place opens up for breakfast and lunch and obviously admits families and what not... but I would think that it would be so much better to take your little ones to places that don't have tables all sticky with beer from the previous night... and patrons that are, most likely, nursing a hangover.... lol
gavilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #26
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Turnabout is fair play.
Oh karma will bite me in the as shard for all the shit I have done over the years
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #27
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I loathe seeing kids at bars. We went to a local sportsbar for UFC one night - there was one family by the bar [standing room only] with their kids in the thick of it. The little girl had her hands on her ears and was crying.

I made a point to tell her - "You're a great example of a bad mommy" She didn't like me, but they stayed. Unreal.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #28
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Kids I can deal with, the li soccer-moms I have no tolerance for.
Entitlment driven self entered leopard print Anniston haircut suv driving lipo having bitches
Yep plenty of that here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
If these kind of kids are our future we're fucked.
Oh so true !!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #29
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I have actually had a child walk up and kick me out of nowhere, in a Dr.'s office no less. Thankfully the mom was mortified and I refrained from smacking the strange child, but that memory reinforces why I dont care for most children.

Yes, call me a horrible hag, but I dont like about 95% of them. I agree they should be seen and not heard, except in certain circumstances and there is nothing guaranteed to drive me more insane than being somewhere with screaming, unruly children.

If I'm at the park, or a playground, I dont mind, but if Im in a restaurant or the grocery store I dont want your ankle biter running around my table, hollering for attention or crying loudly, running in front of my basket, or bouncing off of me or darting in front of me, and I definitely dont want to hear it from 3 aisles away! GO OUTSIDE ALREADY!

Whew. Fires me up. I admit it, I'm going to be a friggin Hitler as a parent, but you can be damned sure my child wont be annoying anyone other than me!

Ironically, I'm the person that children want to walk up to and be held by. I think its like cats. If you dont want to be around them, they force themselves on you...and of course the parents think its sooooo cute.

These are the same parents that lost their kid in the first place, it found me, and they were okay with letting a total stranger haul their kid around while they did their shopping. It's happened, in a mall of all places. And we wonder why children are the way they are...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #30
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

The neighbour's knuckle-dragging teenage thug and his friend ripped off two bikes from another neighbour, who was knocking at their door at 11:00pm saying, "I've got a problem with your son. Those are my kids' bikes." A couple of weeks later the same two condom failures broke into the townhouse next door to me and trashed it. Fortunately he was too stupid to deny this, and now seems to be spending his days at a foster home.

The new neighbours, who just moved in on the opposite side of me from the trashed unit, let their kids use the whole neighbourhood as their toybox. I have to watch out for their kids who dart out from between parked cars in the lot, and their stuff which can be found laying in the lot, on the sidewalk, in the middle of the courtyard, in my front yard, where I park my motorcycle...... I suppose that they come by it naturally though, because their parents are slowly annexing the whole courtyard as their patio.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote