Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #21
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Consider the vastness. It would be naive to think we're the only form of life in such a vast universe...the odds are against it.

Are we the most advanced life form? Maybe..but that, in and of itself, is perhaps the scariest possibility...fuck, I hope not.
Consider the vastness... the odds are against it...

Hmm... I dunno... I think the odds are well against life being created by a the random mixing of gasses and whatnot, then evolving into highly intelligent life... For it to happen more than once... the odds are well beyond comprehension.

Now if there was intelligent design, I'd say there would be much greater odds that there are other forms of life out there...

I've always found this interesting... creationists always say without a doubt that there is nothing else out there... evolutionists are inclined to say otherwise. However, the probablity is completely backwards from both groups' perspective.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #22
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Consider the vastness... the odds are against it...

Hmm... I dunno... I think the odds are well against life being created by a the random mixing of gasses and whatnot, then evolving into highly intelligent life... For it to happen more than once... the odds are well beyond comprehension.

Now if there was intelligent design, I'd say there would be much greater odds that there are other forms of life out there...

I've always found this interesting... creationists always say without a doubt that there is nothing else out there... evolutionists are inclined to say otherwise. However, the probablity is completely backwards from both groups' perspective.
not really
Old 08-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #23
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
i have about 10 pages left in Chariots of the gods, did you copy and paste that directly?

it is the best book i have ever read. HIGHLY fucking suggest it.
Quite an old book, and there are several sites that debunk its claims....

I don't dismiss the idea that we may have originated on another world (maybe even Mars) before coming here, or maybe received some "assistance" from aliens........But I'm not ready to believe in it just because of some pyramids and lines on the ground.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #24
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Quite an old book, and there are several sites that debunk its claims....

I don't dismiss the idea that we may have originated on another world (maybe even Mars) before coming here, or maybe received some "assistance" from aliens........But I'm not ready to believe in it just because of some pyramids and lines on the ground.
yes it is an old book, but it is just as ground breaking now as it was 30 years ago. it has gotten popular again with recent discoveries further backing his questions (questions NOT claims).

in fact there is a whole mini series of the History Channel called Ancient Aliens that backs up most of it, and other similar claims and authors.

the book does not postulate "just because the pyramids exist...."
I highly suggest reading it before guessing about something you have not read, based on others opinions.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #25
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

God says no, he created life here in his image.

Sorry, no religion allowed. Move along.

I think to believe WE are not only the most intelligent life in the universe but the ONLY life in the universe is incredibly arrogant and unlikely.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #26
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
God says no, he created life here in his image.

Sorry, no religion allowed. Move along.

I think to believe WE are not only the most intelligent life in the universe but the ONLY life in the universe is incredibly arrogant and unlikely.
That's saying that the [insert religion book here] is correct. Intelligent design doesn't have to be the [insert religion here] god...

Again, it's a matter of odds. Beyond intelligent design, what are the odds of life spontaneously being created naturally? Once you figure out that number (which would probably take you thousands of years to type out), then what are the odds of that occurring more than once?
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #27
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
That's saying that the [insert religion book here] is correct. Intelligent design doesn't have to be the [insert religion here] god...

Again, it's a matter of odds. Beyond intelligent design, what are the odds of life spontaneously being created naturally? Once you figure out that number (which would probably take you thousands of years to type out), then what are the odds of that occurring more than once?
Intelligent design doesn't have to even be a God. It could be some gigantic scientist that has us in his petri dish.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #28
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post

in fact there is a whole mini series of the History Channel called Ancient Aliens that backs up most of it, and other similar claims and authors.

the book does not postulate "just because the pyramids exist...."
I highly suggest reading it before guessing about something you have not read, based on others opinions.
LOL so a History Channel show backs it up? That really builds my confidence.

And what makes you think I didn't read it? I read it when I was a teenager and much more gullible, lol.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #29
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
I'm betting they had tools made of douchebag.

I saw what you did there.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:41 AM   #30
AquaPython
put it THIS way

Quote:

ok i will try again:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation