Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #21
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Never did get into the 1/8 scale buggies but have thought about picking one up recently.

Too true.
I have been thinking about the 1/8 scale buggy for awhile. it would be cool to have something to bash around the yard. those things are amazing for speed and wild jumps.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #22
goof2
AMA Supersport

I had some 1/10th scale electrics when I was a kid. I started with a basic Kyosho buggy which was OK but nothing special. I then got a Tamiya Road Wizard (Formula 1 style car) that was ridiculously fast, but so fragile it would practically self destruct if I looked at it funny. My last car was an RC10 which was great right up until a bearing in the trans disintegrated sending balls in to all the gears. I had recently gotten my drivers license and wasn't interested in dropping another $100 on a toy car anymore.

A few friends have recently gotten Traxxas electric trucks which seem all right, but it reminded me that every time one is run it breaks something. They are cheap to fix but the fixes are constantly required. I would be interested in a RTR 1/8th scale nitro 4wd buggy but I also know the $300 initial investment is a drop in the bucket compared to getting nickel and dimed to death on broken parts.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #23
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

All my cars used aluminum everything, makes it heavy but much more durable. I also used the weakest screws I could find so those would act as the break point, cheapo home depot screws did the job and were easy to repair when they broke. The initial investment was big but in the long run it saved money and time and never left me without a easy and quick way to repair
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #24
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Moto: 08 R6

My two big monsters are pretty darn well built, with the HPI Savage Flux being a bit more "robust" Of course when you are going 50/60 mph and wreck, you dont want to break something.

Here is a short HPI vid of the Savage Flux, this thing is INSANE on 6S lipos(two 3S), and unless you dial in some punch control, it is impossible to control it at 3/4 to full throttle at any speed There are other vids showing the speed/duarbility of it on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2TDIWLtrcs
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #25
Inferno
Canyon Carver

If I were getting a 1/8 buggy, I would get either a RC8E or the HPI Vorva Flux
Old 07-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #26
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
My two big monsters are pretty darn well built, with the HPI Savage Flux being a bit more "robust" Of course when you are going 50/60 mph and wreck, you dont want to break something.

Here is a short HPI vid of the Savage Flux, this thing is INSANE on 6S lipos(two 3S), and unless you dial in some punch control, it is impossible to control it at 3/4 to full throttle at any speed There are other vids showing the speed/duarbility of it on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2TDIWLtrcs

That would get old real quick not being able to keep all 4 down.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #27
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Yep, but I can plug the truck into my laptop via usb and and make it more managable...also using good quality 2s2p lipos tame it down compared to the 3s lipos which I think you should only use as a novelty to WOW people

It is a fun truck
Old 07-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #28
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

When I got back from the Army my Pops got me into RC airplanes. We got into it pretty heavy for about 2-2.5 years then I got real busy at work and other things. Had a lot of trainer craft and a couple amature planes. I should have stuck with it or get back into since he did pay for everything except my membership in the AMA. He really had fun watching me learn to fly and never flew himself solo.
Hmmm, perhaps next set of days off I need to hook up with him and get out to the airfield.....

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #29
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
When I got back from the Army my Pops got me into RC airplanes. We got into it pretty heavy for about 2-2.5 years then I got real busy at work and other things. Had a lot of trainer craft and a couple amature planes. I should have stuck with it or get back into since he did pay for everything except my membership in the AMA. He really had fun watching me learn to fly and never flew himself solo.
Hmmm, perhaps next set of days off I need to hook up with him and get out to the airfield.....
That sounds cool. I can wait till my sons a bit older so I can build a truck or car with him. I would like to build on with my daughter as well when she is old enough.

I had an FX10 that was given to my by my stepfathers old boss. When he was away he went to buy a part that was broke but they wanted a crazy amount for that part. So he paid about $20 extra to buy another kit. So he gave me the car, radio and the spare parts kit. I wish I still had it. That was a fuck buggy. Later on I wanted a RC10, Blackfoot, Clod Buster, Brat, RS4? and a few others. I wish I had the extra money to buy one right now.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote