Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-31-2010, 12:21 PM   #21
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i know exactly why. it had piss poor range, couldnt carry shit, and had limited charging options.
Of course....

and when the techology was purchased the continued development was stopped. You don't find that curious?

I'm just frustrated by the ignorance. My friends calling to boycott BP, the public that just freaks out on reaction, all of it. Knee-jerk is the WORST. No one wants it in their back yard, so they went somewhere else. I told y'all it would take months - that was my husband's estimate. Look at that, months...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:30 PM   #22
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Of course....

and when the techology was purchased the continued development was stopped. You don't find that curious?

I'm just frustrated by the ignorance. My friends calling to boycott BP, the public that just freaks out on reaction, all of it. Knee-jerk is the WORST. No one wants it in their back yard, so they went somewhere else. I told y'all it would take months - that was my husband's estimate. Look at that, months...
big oil's intent was most likely exactly what you think, however isint it far more likely that gm independantly decided that the car was not at that time viable/profitable and acted in its best interests to recoup losses and limit their liability?

im actually counting on morons pulling that, cant wait for local stations to cut prices
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:35 PM   #23
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Of course....

California dropped their ZEV mandate.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:40 PM   #24
azoomm
moderator chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
big oil's intent was most likely exactly what you think, however isint it far more likely that gm independantly decided that the car was not at that time viable/profitable and acted in its best interests to recoup losses and limit their liability?

im actually counting on morons pulling that, cant wait for local stations to cut prices
Oh, I don't like tinfoil hats. I'm not a fan and don't look good in them I just find it really curious.

It was only introduced in LA. And then, the reason cited by GM was "lack of consumer interest." Even when EVERY driver that had one wanted to purchase and formed a coilition to stop the destruction of the cars. They offered GM more than retail in one big check for the remaining cars - to be turned down. All the cars were taken to GM's test track and crushed [where they still remain].

Back to the thread topic. I'm sad this happened to BP. It's part of the law of averages and something was BOUND to happen. They are the largest offshore agency in the world - if someone was going to have something happen, it would be them. It's also curious to me that Schlumberger and TransOcean aren't anywhere in the news.....

Come Play at the Track!!

Old 05-31-2010, 12:50 PM   #25
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

I see TransOcean all over the news. It was the "TransOcean rig owned by BP" for a while at the beginning.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:05 PM   #26
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Oh, I don't like tinfoil hats. I'm not a fan and don't look good in them I just find it really curious.

It was only introduced in LA. And then, the reason cited by GM was "lack of consumer interest." Even when EVERY driver that had one wanted to purchase and formed a coilition to stop the destruction of the cars. They offered GM more than retail in one big check for the remaining cars - to be turned down. All the cars were taken to GM's test track and crushed [where they still remain].

Back to the thread topic. I'm sad this happened to BP. It's part of the law of averages and something was BOUND to happen. They are the largest offshore agency in the world - if someone was going to have something happen, it would be them. It's also curious to me that Schlumberger and TransOcean aren't anywhere in the news.....
There is still one left but I think its just the body. I thing the engine, battery and so on were removed.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:00 PM   #27
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I see TransOcean all over the news. It was the "TransOcean rig owned by BP" for a while at the beginning.
isint it a transocean rig leased by bp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
There is still one left but I think its just the body. I thing the engine, battery and so on were removed.

James
there were a lot more than one survivor, a handful got handed to museums and at least one was restored to driveable status. i understand gm was rather upset about that but so would i if i was concerned id have to continue making parts for a car that cost 80 grand each to build
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:06 PM   #28
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

When you've lived in the city that produces the most oil in Texas,.........................makes you wanna fucking own one of those companies. LOL

Wish I could find that funny clip of oil being like crack.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:19 PM   #29
pdog
Refugee

Moto: Pimped 2005 SV650

To be precise, pumping of existing wells is still happening. Exploratory drilling for new wells has been halted.
pdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:14 PM   #30
azoomm
moderator chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog View Post
To be precise, pumping of existing wells is still happening. Exploratory drilling for new wells has been halted.
I did say drilling, right?

/looks up/ Yup, all drilling. Because drilling is the "dangerous" part.

Come Play at the Track!!