Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #21
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
had a guy on the dragon pull one on everyone sitting at the overlook, he was pissed about the rice rockets passing him.
What happened when he pulled it? How did this situation end?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 PM   #22
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
had a guy on the dragon pull one on everyone sitting at the overlook, he was pissed about the rice rockets passing him.
He was just crazy! Clearly not an appropriate reason to draw, unless he was somehow saying he was put at imminent risk by the rice rockets!
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #23
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
What happened when he pulled it? How did this situation end?
He yelled a lot and left. No one did anything. They told the cop and gave him his license plate. Don't know if they tracked the guy down or not.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #24
CasterTroy

Twice since 93

Once at a light back in the late 90's when carjackings were on kind of a high. I was in my truck at a stoplight downtown in Winston Salem and this dude came running up with what looked like one of those miniature baseball bats you get for being the first 100 in the park...anyway he came running up to the door trying to open it, holding the bat up telling me to "open the fucking door".

Typically this would have rattled me pretty bad, but for some reason I was really calm, and took my pistol from the center console and set it on my leg and looked at him......then he just ran back off.

I'll admit, that by the next stoplight my heart was racing and I was shaking from the rush..but I was rather proud of myself for staying calm.

Second time was just last year...I was in my office which is buried pretty deep in my firm, and I heard the secretary (the boss' daughter) saying "PLEASE LEAVE" so I grabbed the pistol I keep in the bottom of the filing cabinet and walked up front. She and I were the only ones in the office at the time and a crackhead had wondered in talking about how back in 1987 our office was a Dr's office and he had gotten a prescription here, and wanted a refill. He kept saying it and she had no idea what to do.
I didn’t RAISE the pistol, but rather just had it in my hand down by my side as I walked up.

When he saw me he looked at my hand and simply turned and walked back out. We both had a fit afterwards but laughed it off.
Still…that one had my pulse racing as it happened.

Neither one of these was eventful, or worthy of sending to some soldier of fortune magazine for publishing but in both cases, I certainly believe there would have been a different outcome had I not been armed.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #25
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
He was just crazy! Clearly not an appropriate reason to draw, unless he was somehow saying he was put at imminent risk by the rice rockets!
Even so, if everyone was stopped at the look out that means they passed him. With that, his alleged "danger" or "threat" would have passed as well. So by him stopping and pulling the gun he's now gone from potential "victim" to the aggressor.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #26
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Even so, if everyone was stopped at the look out that means they passed him. With that, his alleged "danger" or "threat" would have passed as well. So by him stopping and pulling the gun he's now gone from potential "victim" to the aggressor.
Correct
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #27
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
oh he was definitely the aggressor. Everyone at the overlook didn't come from the direction he came from, I believe he was making his way south, so he still had 9 miles to go. People sitting at the overlook were just about to get the chance to pass him. It was preemptive.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #28
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
Yep, there's a reason it's often called fayettenam....
Absolutely...I used to live in Dunn...25 miles from there and we'd go up there at night sometimes and it was usually...uh...interesting.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #29
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
oh he was definitely the aggressor. Everyone at the overlook didn't come from the direction he came from, I believe he was making his way south, so he still had 9 miles to go. People sitting at the overlook were just about to get the chance to pass him. It was preemptive.
I understand that. My point is just that even if every single person there was a threat to him when they were going down the road, at that point in time they are no longer a threat to him. Him stopping to confront everyone turns the tables on who the threat is.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #30
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
I understand that. My point is just that even if every single person there was a threat to him when they were going down the road, at that point in time they are no longer a threat to him. Him stopping to confront everyone turns the tables on who the threat is.
I agree, I was just being silly....
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote