Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-20-2010, 07:58 AM   #21
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Yes, I'd say there is a really strong possiblility that there is more to the story... Sure there are power tripping cops, abuses of power, etc... but the media rarely takes the time to gather all of the information before pulling the trigger... then if they figure out they are wrong, the correction is buried behind something more sensational.
If there really was more to it, she would have likely been charged with a lot more than "disorderly conduct", which is pretty much a catch all charge used by cops when they can't come up with an actual crime.

The fact that the arresting officer, and prosecutor couldn't be bothered to show up for the trial, shows just how much importance they placed on the woman's "crime".

JC
Old 02-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #22
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Hey, if none of you remember, I had to go to court 3 times to fight the stupid ticket dave and I got last summer. It could have been 4 court appearances if i hadnt finally been offered a deal and tried to keep fighting it. Granted, its not nearly as serious a charge as she had, but it is still 3 court appearances, and all I had to do was miss one. The multiple court visit is the norm rather than the exception
I didn't know that about your case. It is a bunch of crap that the prosecution is given multiple opportunities to show up while the defendant must appear.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #23
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
There has to be more to it than an idiot, power tripping cop?

Sounds like the standard to me.

If this was WA, my first question would be, is it Lonestar?
you are most likely right - just didn't want to jump to conclusions knowing how one-sided the press tends to be in order to drum up readers.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote