Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #21
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
The nexus one is running a 1ghz processor vs 550Mhz.

The nexus one is slimmer/comfortable in hand and lighter than the iphone 3g s and is faster than the iphone, the droid is bulkier/sharp corners/heavier and slower than iphone 3g s and has that stupid keyboard. The nexus one is currently a step ahead of droid in OS iterations.
Meh.

Ive been reading about the Nexus One since it started leaking and its not as great as its supposed to be. Best thing about the Nexus One is Android 2.1 and that will be released to open source soon. It has a 1 GHz processor which should be great but the reviews Ive been reading so far have been underwhelming, not as fast as you would expect. The keyboard is a matter of preference, I like having it.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/04/nexus-one-review/
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #22
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

I like the droid, I perfer a heavy phone, being a relative term, the thing is solid, but not heavy by anymeans

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.

Last edited by dReWpY; 01-05-2010 at 05:13 PM..
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #23
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Meh - I'll get excited about the latest-greatest phone when one is released which does a better job of being a phone! Bells'n'whistles & being able to surf the web are neat & all - but I'm far more concerned about signal/audio/noise-rejection quality. And not having a touchscreen-only device which is a PITA to dial without looking at it & totally disabled if/when it gets cracked.

As a phone, the Nexus One isn't dramatically different than most GSM devices you've probably used. In terms of earpiece quality and volume, it's certainly on par with its contemporaries, providing a loud, reasonably clean talking experience, though it doesn't touch the Droid in terms of call clarity and evenness. The loudspeaker, on the other hand, seemed extremely tinny to our ears, making for a pretty unpleasant companion for conference calls, with the midrange cutting through in a way that could be painful at times. We'd be inclined to blame that issue on the extremely thin housing here, but it's hard to say what the real culprit is. As far as connections and 3G pickup, the Nexus fared as well as our iPhone did when traveling, but -- surprise, surprise -- neither of these could touch Verizon. For instance, at JFK airport, we had no trouble placing calls on the Droid, but both the Nexus One and iPhone were completely incommunicado.
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #24
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Trip, you're the first person I've heard to say the droid is slower than the iphone. Even reviews dont say its slower.

I just watched a vid from google on the nexus and the setup is exactly like the droid. Hell the unlock screen is the same. The only thing different I saw was the pull up menu that shows all the apps installed. People have already gotten ahold of 2.1 and it looks just like that. The other was google voice.

All I see is another smart phone. Nothing more.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #25
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

There was just a story on World News about this phone.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #26
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
The keyboard is a matter of preference, I like having it.

Yup, I really like having keys to press with my fingers, I dont do well with touch screen keys.

The great thing about being open source is that it was already hacked to allow multitouch (http://lifehacker.com/5431136/androi...ve-droid-users)

Last edited by derf; 01-05-2010 at 07:48 PM..
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #27
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpyonXero View Post
Meh.

Ive been reading about the Nexus One since it started leaking and its not as great as its supposed to be. Best thing about the Nexus One is Android 2.1 and that will be released to open source soon. It has a 1 GHz processor which should be great but the reviews Ive been reading so far have been underwhelming, not as fast as you would expect. The keyboard is a matter of preference, I like having it.

Just did the their website load test and mine was just a little behind the iphone. Not even close to being slow like their droid and nexus. FYI they were using wifi and the website has changed since their vid.

That doesnt bother me cause engadget has a shit load of flash pics/vids and I usually dont go to sites like that on my phone so no tears from me.

Last edited by Rangerscott; 01-05-2010 at 07:57 PM..
Old 01-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #28
Leon
WERA Yellow Plate

I'm hoping Verizon gets the HTC HD2. That will be my next phone. They were nice enough to upgrade me to the touch pro 2 after 4 dead touch pro's in a months time. So far the touch pro 2 is one of the nicest smart phones I've owned.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #29
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Yeah, I'll stick with my iPhone. Rumor is that the next version will have multi-core processor and OLED screen. ATT better have 4G ready or they might get fucked.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #30
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I'm hoping Verizon gets the HTC HD2. That will be my next phone. They were nice enough to upgrade me to the touch pro 2 after 4 dead touch pro's in a months time. So far the touch pro 2 is one of the nicest smart phones I've owned.
The verizon version of the htc touch pro is pure doodoo.

http://gizmodo.com/5400593/htc-touch...view-a-tragedy

http://gizmodo.com/5374876/windows-m...xcuse-for-this