Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-17-2009, 05:35 AM   #21
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Biketoberfest is better. Less 50 yr. old titties hanging out.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:25 AM   #22
t-homo
WSB Champion

One of my friends loves to find tiny ass places to go in costa rica and the dominican republic. Super cheap. Just living on the beach meeting the locals.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:18 AM   #23
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
One of my friends loves to find tiny ass places to go in costa rica and the dominican republic. Super cheap. Just living on the beach meeting the locals.
I would blow my brains out if I lived in one of those places.

We stayed at a resort in the Dominican last year for a week, and the laid back atmosphere was driving me bonkers.

When we got back to the airport in Dallas, we were on the tram thing and it wasn't working very quickly. There were some guys on there and they looked really anxious to get off that thing. One of em says, "If I miss my fucking plane because of this slow ass mother fucking tram piece of shit, I'm gonna piss on the first airport employee I see."

I smiled and told my husband that it was good to be home.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #24
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
I would blow my brains out if I lived in one of those places.

We stayed at a resort in the Dominican last year for a week, and the laid back atmosphere was driving me bonkers.

When we got back to the airport in Dallas, we were on the tram thing and it wasn't working very quickly. There were some guys on there and they looked really anxious to get off that thing. One of em says, "If I miss my fucking plane because of this slow ass mother fucking tram piece of shit, I'm gonna piss on the first airport employee I see."

I smiled and told my husband that it was good to be home.
How would you rather be super busy, hostile, pissing on employees environment than a laid back one?
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #25
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
How would you rather be super busy, hostile, pissing on employees environment than a laid back one?
Because I'm an American....it's pretty simple really.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #26
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Bike week is fun and all, i had a blast and it was a total party but going to a resort beats it by far.

Like I said in my earlier post, if the resort you are looking at is Sandals Montego Bay stay away. It is at the end of the Montego Bay Airport Runway and there are planes flying over all day. The staff does their best to make it into a joke by waving to the planes and saying come back soon but its not funny and its down right annoying. Negril, Ochos Rios and Royal Carribean are all much nicer resorts and the only time you ever know a plane is a contrail in the sky.

Weed is everywhere. Dont buy in the airport, wait til you get to the hotel and buy from their staff, this way you know they arent undercover cops. I had a philly cop who got married down there give me a mug and we smoked more than we could ever hope to smoke then when we went to leave I spend 2 hours trying to give it away and evereybody I met already had bought and didnt need.

We wound up going out on a off resort thing every day, which when totaled up was another $5-600, the last trip, one day we climbed some water falls, then the next day did zip lines, atv's learned to scuba dive, and rented a car. The car part was cool because we had a map and just drove around. We went all over the island and got some of the best deals from the locals on the side of the road selling stuff as gifts for friends and family, and we drove into one town that was scary as shit. And I mean really scary, more scary than any situation I have ever been in my life, dudes walking around with AK's and machine gun nests on top of houses and in the woods. We didnt actually drive into town, I saw that there was a home made checkpoint and the guys with guns wernt wearing any uniforms or anything like that so I turned the car around and just drove fast without stopping for about 20 miles. I think we stumbled onto a drug control area where the dealers control the town instead of the Jamaicain Gov.But all in all it was fun, either stay in the touristy areas or go into the middle of nowhere where tourists dont go and you will be fine. Its the in between areas where tourist wander by accidednt that is where all the trouble happens, plus you seem like a pretty street smart person and know how to keep out of trouble.

Plus if you do get into trouble just say this phrase with a jamaician accent "Bumbicad I'm fucking this white chick mon lee me alone" and I guaruntee they will leave you alone
Old 12-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #27
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Well if you've never been, it's an experience.
Having a choice between Jamaica and having been to one Daytona bike week, I'd most definitely opt for Jamaica. Looking at old ladies boobs and butts (assless chaps and 65 year old rears just dont go) cannot be better than drinks on the beach in the caribbean.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #28
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Cuba FTW!
Old 12-19-2009, 05:44 PM   #29
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

i've heard nothing but good things about jamaica. a girlfriend of mine went all inclusive this past summer. she can't wait to do it again. it's on my short-list as well. it'd be my choice. no-brainer.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
i've heard nothing but good things about jamaica. a girlfriend of mine went all inclusive this past summer. she can't wait to do it again. it's on my short-list as well. it'd be my choice. no-brainer.
Well do you and the twins want to go?....hee, hee, hee...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote