Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
shmike
Follower

Just made a CC payment via paypal, no problem.

I've paid over $1200 for an item on a CC with them and recieved a payment of over $800 from them and haven't had an issue yet, knock on wood.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
NO way in hell am I giving them my bank account information. I just want to pay with a credit card but apparently that's too big a deal for them.
Sounds like you haven't gone through the verification process. True or false? I'm pretty sure you have to give them your account info so they can deposit like 5 cents or something to verify your identity. If you dont do it your options with Paypal are limited.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Again, unless you guys sell stuff, what are you afraid of?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I'm not afraid but just in case my info gets compromised I don't want my checking account drained so I put limitations on it and don't keep much of a balance until I actually want to purchase something.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
I was never afraid of anything before BUT after speaking with Paypal they really can't give me a straight answer for WHY this won't work. They don't have a reason, they don't even have a solution. Given the inadequate customer service I received, I would expect something to go wrong with my bank account too.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Paypal has a history of freezing accounts with no notice, and being extremely difficult to deal with. Buyer or seller, that's bad business. The eBay/PayPal empire desperately needs competition.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownroad View Post
Paypal has a history of freezing accounts with no notice, and being extremely difficult to deal with. Buyer or seller, that's bad business. The eBay/PayPal empire desperately needs competition.
Freezing if you sell stuff and the buyer complains. But if you only buy things, they'll never freeze funds.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #8
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I am not sure on the whole set up of Paypal, I've never had an issue, however a good friend has a charitable organization and Paypal has tried to freeze their accounts and refuse to give them the donations they have received. This was just last week. They had to prove without a shadow of a doubt they were legit and had all the necessary paperwork twice over before Paypal would release their money.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #9
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I had a paypal issue a few years back where there was a dispute with me (seller and some dude (buyer). He said I didnt send what I had sold him, my account was frozen for 6 months or until it was figured out. I sent all the docuemtnation in to paypal, showing shipping reciept, package weight, the products actual weight, the ebay sale, plus a few other things, and they refused to let go of the $$$ until the 6 months were over. Right before the 6 months were up the guy complained again and it started the 6 months over. This went on for over 2 years before I finally got my money. I wont ever use paypal again.

What people dont realize is that it isnt a bank, there are no protections at all. If they decide to one day close shop and keep all your money they can do that, if they go out of bussiness for any reason your money is lost, and there are folks out there who have tons of cash in them. They arnt a bank, which means no FDIC insurance, and there are very few laws guiding their practices. Good luck to you if you ever have a problem or a dispute with them.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I been trying to change my primary bank account for the past several months and had no luck. Whatever I buy just ends up getting charged to my card after a few days when they realize the account is dead. I rarely use Paypal anyway, so I don't give a shit anymore.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote