Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-14-2009, 11:54 PM   #21
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

If you decide to go postal and kill everyone, please make sure to set up a video camera and share the video with your friends here.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:11 AM   #22
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
If you decide to go postal and kill everyone, please make sure to set up a video camera and share the video with your friends here.
I second that
Old 11-15-2009, 12:28 AM   #23
shmike
Follower

Make sure to get consent.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:48 AM   #24
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post

Also ask your boss (or just do it based on what you already learned) to write up an operations book of how and what you are supposed to do. Then have your boss sign off on it. From that point on any time you do something wrong that is according to the policy that the boss signed off on your response should be " but I did it according to the policy that you signed".

Really though, my dealings with that type of person really prove that any approach you take to prove your point will anger that person and just make your life harder in the end. If you embaress your boss or seem in any way to be a threat then she will treat you as such and do her best to get rid of you.
Thats the thing, no one wants to feel like an idiot or have it pointed out that they are an idiot because they are inconsistent and have no managerial or business skills. They are just going to think The Chi is being too much trouble than its worth to keep around because they are getting their ego bruised. Then she will get thrown under the bus.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:02 AM   #25
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Thats the thing, no one wants to feel like an idiot or have it pointed out that they are an idiot because they are inconsistent and have no managerial or business skills. They are just going to think The Chi is being too much trouble than its worth to keep around because they are getting their ego bruised. Then she will get thrown under the bus.
There are ways to approach doing what i suggested, productivity, something along those lines. plus written policies can also help sue, unemployment benefits, or with a nice severence package if you are wrongfully terminated. Its better to have it and never need it than to need it and never have it.

I do agree with Tsunamis statement above, you are in a no win situation, keep the job until something better comes along.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:15 AM   #26
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
There are ways to approach doing what i suggested, productivity, something along those lines. plus written policies can also help sue, unemployment benefits, or with a nice severence package if you are wrongfully terminated. Its better to have it and never need it than to need it and never have it.
Tis true derf. I had to open an harrassment case against a manager (and it really did happen, talk about bad business practices) and that kept me from being thrown under the bus since they were afraid to terminate me. Between the manager that didn't like to take no for an answer and his superior that liked him and hated women, especially me, it was getting pretty hairy working there. The fat hating women monger finally got fired for blowing 2 of her underlings at the same time at a party and she got thrown under the bus.

Anyway I kept my job until they gave us the WARN act so depending on the size of the company, documentation can go a long way. If its a small company, it may not work...
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #27
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
So yesterday I am working the afternoon by myself. My job requires me to leave the office and show people available units. I am also supposed to be in the office and answer the phone. The boss felt I was unable to do my job and came in to sit with me since I was by myself.

I am informed yesterday that:

1) I MUST NEVER LEAVE THE OFFICE
2) I MUST SHOW PEOPLE APARTMENTS WHEN THEY COME IN

Now, another thing to consider is that when we work Saturdays, we work alone. And the SAME RULES APPLY.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how this is supposed to work exactly?
Ask your boss if the office phone has forwarding capabilities, so you can forward the phone to your cell when showing units, since only The Sweet Lord Jesus can be in two places at once.

JC
Old 11-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #28
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Ask your boss if the office phone has forwarding capabilities, so you can forward the phone to your cell when showing units, since only The Sweet Lord Jesus can be in two places at once.

JC
Showoff.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #29
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
The law is the same in a lot of places. However I believe FL law says two people have to consent to the recording. I don't believe it specifies who the second person has to be. So if you are reading between the lines, Rae calls her friend says I'ma record this jabrone and everything is gravy.
In Florida, as well as some other states, consent is required from all parties.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:16 PM   #30
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
In Florida, as well as some other states, consent is required from all parties.
Ready, go...
Quote:
All parties must consent to the recording or the disclosure of the contents of any wire, oral or electronic communication in Florida. Recording, disclosing, or endeavoring to disclose without the consent of all parties is a felony, unless the interception is a first offense committed without any illegal purpose, and not for commercial gain. Fla. Stat. ch. 934.03. These first offenses and the interception of cellular frequencies are misdemeanors. State v. News-Press Pub. Co., 338 So. 2d 1313 (1976).

Under the statute, consent is not required for the taping of a non-electronic communication uttered by a person who does not have a reasonable expectation of privacy in that communication. See definition of “oral communication,” Fla. Stat. ch. 934.02. See also Stevenson v. State, 667 So.2d 410 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. 1996); Paredes v. State, 760 So.2d 167 (Fla. Dist. Ct. App. 2000).
I'd do the note-pad thing. Just make step by step notes and repeat it all back like a 3rd grader. I'd even go so far as to refer to myself as an idiot, that "I don't seem to be getting it as easily as I thought".

Good luck!!

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote