Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-30-2008, 07:13 PM   #21
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Ok,I have a tendency to be a "loud" neighbor,with the bike and my old dual exhaust truck,surround sound,screaming girlfriends,etc. BUT I must a hypercritical bastard to the extent of complaining about babies and dogs. I did not tell you to get a dog. Why should I be inconvenienced even in the slightest way by your animal? The other neighbors have dogs that don't bark all day. My dog doesn't bark all day. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to be able to sleep all day if I want to. Quit worrying about my lifestyle/schedule and do something about it. In a way,you're lucky because a lot of people would have turned you in without even giving you the chance to address the situation.

Children under a certain age should not be allowed in restaurants or movies PERIOD! Especially if you can't control them. Once again,I did not have any part in you having children,why should I "share" the burden/annoyance of raising them? Why do I have to smell it if they shit all over themselves? If you have to dine in until they are old enough to behave in public,then so be it. What really gets me is when the baby is screaming it's damn head off and the people just sit there and eat dinner like nothing is happening! One of the parents should suck it up and take the kid to the car or something. Same thing goes for movie theaters. I didn't just drop $30 so me and my girl could listen to your kid cry for 2 hours. Go rent a fucking movie and stay home with the kid YOU decided to have!!!
I could see your point if the dog is barking ALL day, but since most dogs dont do this, I dont see the issue. You dont like my dog barking on occasion (since he is let into the house if he starts barking too much), tough shit. Turn up your tv/radio. I could care less if my neighbors want to be that petty about something. Like I said, if hes barking nonstop for a while thats different. And kyle said he puts his dog out at 830am, its not like its out there barking at 3am. In his case I say fuck what his neighbor thinks. The other ones dont have any issues and he recorded it and the dog didnt bark, so fuck em.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:37 PM   #22
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
I could see your point if the dog is barking ALL day, but since most dogs dont do this, I dont see the issue. You dont like my dog barking on occasion (since he is let into the house if he starts barking too much), tough shit. Turn up your tv/radio. I could care less if my neighbors want to be that petty about something. Like I said, if hes barking nonstop for a while thats different. And kyle said he puts his dog out at 830am, its not like its out there barking at 3am. In his case I say fuck what his neighbor thinks. The other ones dont have any issues and he recorded it and the dog didnt bark, so fuck em.
Yea,I see what you are saying BUT maybe the other neighbors are gone during the day or don't have the balls to say anything. Just because no one else complains doesn't mean that this guy is wrong. I don't know the exact situation but I have had neighbors with dogs that never stop barking and it's all I can do not to load my shotgun!!! Do you honestly feel that this guy DOESN'T have the right to expect some semblance of tranquility in his own home? Why not? If that's your attitude,I guess I have the "right" to blast my stereo all day. Who cares if my neighbor just had a baby or this guy works third shift,FUCK 'EM!,right?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:41 PM   #23
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Yea,I see what you are saying BUT maybe the other neighbors are gone during the day or don't have the balls to say anything. Just because no one else complains doesn't mean that this guy is wrong. I don't know the exact situation but I have had neighbors with dogs that never stop barking and it's all I can do not to load my shotgun!!! Do you honestly feel that this guy DOESN'T have the right to expect some semblance of tranquility in his own home? Why not? If that's your attitude,I guess I have the "right" to blast my stereo all day. Who cares if my neighbor just had a baby or this guy works third shift,FUCK 'EM!,right?
You may want to re-read my post before replying. I clearly stated a couple of times that if its for long periods of time or all day that it needs to be handled, but if its just for short periods of time during the middle of the day, then its kind of expected for a dog to bark. If the dog barks for a few minutes everu couple hours then whats the difference between that and when people drive by with their stereos bumping or with loud pipes? If they are bitching about a dog barking for a few minutes then yes, fuck em.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #24
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

Quote:
Ok,I have a tendency to be a "loud" neighbor,with the bike and my old dual exhaust truck,surround sound,screaming girlfriends,etc. BUT I must a hypercritical bastard to the extent of complaining about babies and dogs. I did not tell you to get a dog. Why should I be inconvenienced even in the slightest way by your animal? The other neighbors have dogs that don't bark all day. My dog doesn't bark all day. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to be able to sleep all day if I want to. Quit worrying about my lifestyle/schedule and do something about it. In a way,you're lucky because a lot of people would have turned you in without even giving you the chance to address the situation.

Children under a certain age should not be allowed in restaurants or movies PERIOD! Especially if you can't control them. Once again,I did not have any part in you having children,why should I "share" the burden/annoyance of raising them? Why do I have to smell it if they shit all over themselves? If you have to dine in until they are old enough to behave in public,then so be it. What really gets me is when the baby is screaming it's damn head off and the people just sit there and eat dinner like nothing is happening! One of the parents should suck it up and take the kid to the car or something. Same thing goes for movie theaters. I didn't just drop $30 so me and my girl could listen to your kid cry for 2 hours. Go rent a fucking movie and stay home with the kid YOU decided to have!!!
Well, as someone who does not let my daughter be loud in public let me just say this. I have been far more annoyed by adults and teenagers that freakin know better then children in theaters.
fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:16 PM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
I read what you said... Basically,your neighbors are required to put up with some level of annoyance from you/your animals/your kids/etc and if they don't like it too bad! As long as you don't think it's too much then they have nothing to say about it.

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 08-30-2008 at 08:18 PM..
Old 08-30-2008, 08:19 PM   #26
Gunther1000
Jesus Christ!

Moto: (The Chi's lover)

Well, I have A Doberman. They can be hard to cage train. BUT it is way safer than leaving it outside all freaking day like a junk yard dog. My 100 lb beast would get stolen in 2 seconds outside if they could get close to him.

With all that could go wrong... Like your pissed off neighbor throwing a few rat poison hot dogs over the fence or it getting free and attacking some kid, or worse getting hit by a car, Why not just suck it up and cage that fucker. Mine is in a large cage from 7:30am to 6pm every fucking day. I work and he does time. Thats just the way it is and when I get home my stuff isnt destroyed and he is still alive.

$.02
Old 08-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatburg View Post
Well, as someone who does not let my daughter be loud in public let me just say this. I have been far more annoyed by adults and teenagers that freakin know better then children in theaters.
Oh I can't argue with that! I basically avoid theaters now and rent/download all my movies for that very reason. In my opinion it's all the same thing,whether you bring in an external annoyance or if you are the annoyance. Please don't get me wrong,I'm not perfect by any stretch but I'll at least try to be a decent neighbor. I don't gun my bike in the parking lot,I turn my stereo down as I approach the driveway,I keep my stereo at a reasonable level. If one of my neighbors came to me with a concern I would at least make the attempt to compromise. It's not all about me and what I want.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:29 PM   #28
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther1000 View Post
Well, I have A Doberman. They can be hard to cage train. BUT it is way safer than leaving it outside all freaking day like a junk yard dog. My 100 lb beast would get stolen in 2 seconds outside if they could get close to him.

With all that could go wrong... Like your pissed off neighbor throwing a few rat poison hot dogs over the fence or it getting free and attacking some kid, or worse getting hit by a car, Why not just suck it up and cage that fucker. Mine is in a large cage from 7:30am to 6pm every fucking day. I work and he does time. Thats just the way it is and when I get home my stuff isnt destroyed and he is still alive.

$.02
Yep,I crate my "beast" too!
Old 08-30-2008, 08:40 PM   #29
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

people that gripe about crying babies and barking dogs are the same people that bitch about loud pipes on bikes. they are the ones that are trying to silence the world completely. you want quiet isolation? move to the sticks. it ain't my fault people choose to live in the suburbs, work 3rd shift or sleep til 2pm, etc. my yard is my yard and what i do in it is my business, be it pets, bikes, loud sex...whatever. when will the noise policing ever stop? how about i don't tell you what to do and you don't tell me what to do? peaceful coexistence...

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:40 PM   #30
Switch
dadbod

Guys, my dog lays inside most of the day. She goes outside to shit and piss and sometimes run around.

She's not outside all day, she's a smart dog and likes to be in the A/C.

She doesn't bark all day. If she did, I would gladly get a bark collar, but she doesn't do that. Actually, she doesn't bark at all unless I'm home. She is highly defensive of me and will bark at anything that she feels is a threat when I am around. When I'm not at home, she lays in the garage.

I think the dude was just pissed because Holley (my dog) was barking her head off at this dude as he was trying to plow up his garden while I was outside. Had I not been home, she wouldn't have even done that.