Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #21
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Yeah I'm saying.. lock up rear, keep it straight let off the rear brake... won't equal high side... there would have to be some side to side motion... IMO

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #22
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'm thinking similar thoughts... if I was guessing,I'd say that he had a mechanical failure of some kind which locked up his rear tire. BTW braking and letting off can not cause a classic high side. However, he may have had the rear lock up,went side ways and "stuck" thus causing a high side like toss of his person.
I think that's what happened but it was a weird highside though because the bike didn't tossing him up too far or otherwise he would have been really fucked. It's more like tossing him horizontally to the left and the bike tumbled to the right.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #23
t-homo
WSB Champion

Aren't you supposed to keep the back locked if you accidentally lock it? I had an "OH SHIT" second guess myself moment about a week ago and locked it and just kept it and kinda slid sideways through the corner.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #24
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Aren't you supposed to keep the back locked if you accidentally lock it? I had an "OH SHIT" second guess myself moment about a week ago and locked it and just kept it and kinda slid sideways through the corner.

righhhhttttttt

naw good save glad ya didn't lose it
Old 08-25-2008, 08:04 PM   #25
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post

righhhhttttttt

naw good save glad ya didn't lose it
I didn't say I slid well and kept my line. Just that I slid and made it through.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #26
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

I'm just glad you didn't get bit. Shit i'm just hatin because u upgraded and i'm still stuck with my lil whore.

fuckin insurance two tickets and i only have 2 points left. the crazy thing was they were all in my expedition. I was doing 25 over and 20 on the other though so they took like 6pts on one and 4 for the other.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #27
t-homo
WSB Champion

I have gotten two tickets. One for 19 over and one for 14 over. First one, I paid 175 for instead of 80 and he moved it to a 1 over=no points. Second one, I got a lawyer and he moved it from a 14 over to 4 over, paid the regular ticket amount, and the lawyer was my 6th grade basketball coach and didn't charge me anything=no points. I got pulled over last Tuesday though. Cop moved it down from a 16 over to a 10 over. I think I will just pay that one regular.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:32 PM   #28
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
I'm just glad you didn't get bit. Shit i'm just hatin because u upgraded and i'm still stuck with my lil whore.

fuckin insurance two tickets and i only have 2 points left. the crazy thing was they were all in my expedition. I was doing 25 over and 20 on the other though so they took like 6pts on one and 4 for the other.
I like the GSF! I knew this girl with one that she painted pink and black like a good and plenty!

BTW you're down here,do you have a bunch of jacked up cars with 26/28" rims that have product placement on them? You know like one is Aquafina,one is Ritz Crackers,Doritos,Magnum Condoms (I kinda like that one),etc. It's kinda cool but weird,you know?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #29
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
He wasn't my buddy. Hate to sound like an asshole, but the guy popped up and hobbled around while the Honda enduro guy stopped and propped up the bike. He seemed to be OK. If he were squirming on the ground, I would have hopped off and went to help.
wow. i thought we were all brothers and sisters on two wheels, whether we know eachother personally or not. i woulda stopped to see if he was okay, whether he was squirming or not. i thought that's what bikers do. i am kinda disappointed.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:15 PM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
wow. i thought we were all brothers and sisters on two wheels, whether we know eachother personally or not. i woulda stopped to see if he was okay, whether he was squirming or not. i thought that's what bikers do. i am kinda disappointed.

Yep it's official...fnfalman is HUMAN! In a way you have to see his side,if he had stopped and waited for the cops/ambulance with this guy. It may have surfaced that they were racing and then he could have faced some serious crap. I agree that you should always stop but I can understand why he didn't.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote