Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

F NMCI and Georgia drivers.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #22
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06.../index_01.htm?

NJ now ranks last in the top ten safest.

Safest state: Utah

The 10 Deadliest States for Driving
States with less than 100 people don't count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
You forgot woman
You forgot Oriental.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #23
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
personally, I hate reality tv.
Personally, I just hate TV, period (with very few moto-racing-related exceptions).
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #24
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Personally, I just hate TV, period (with very few moto-racing-related exceptions).
I'm not a big fan of tv in general, but there are a few shows I will watch:

Top Gear (UK, not that bullshit US version)
The Walking Dead (fuck yea)
Modern Family
Parenthood
Motorcycle/F1/Touring Car racing
Through the wormhole

And occasionally some shit on the science or discovery channel if it's interesting (How it's made, etc)

Most everything else is garbage. Esp these 'shock' reality tv shows that people love because it makes them feel better about themselves. (Toddlers & Tiaras - dear god what an abortion of a show, Jersey Shore, etc)

*Edited to clarify that it's the UK version of Top Gear and not that diahrrea spewing forth from the US version.

Last edited by Method; 09-20-2011 at 12:25 PM..
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #25
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

The way I see it, is all drivers everywhere suck. They just suck in different ways in different locations.

Here, I hate that people creep at stop lights. Drives me up the fucking wall. Pull up to where you are going to stop, apply break then STAY THERE. Fuck! Now I am pissed off at the imaginary creepers in my head.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #26
Method
Canyon Carver

Moto: MTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
The way I see it, is all drivers everywhere suck. They just suck in different ways in different locations.

Here, I hate that people creep at stop lights. Drives me up the fucking wall. Pull up to where you are going to stop, apply break then STAY THERE. Fuck! Now I am pissed off at the imaginary creepers in my head.
That used to bother me until I decided I didn't give a crap if there was a giant gap between me and the car in front of me due to their creeping.

It's a good excuse to kick back and relax and enjoy all the dirty looks you are getting from the resulting giant gap.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:07 PM   #27
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlZydtG3xqI

The only problem with leaving a giant gap is that here, at least, it'll fill up pretty quickly from the next lane over.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #28
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I thought that reality TV had run its course a few years ago but it just seesm to keep going. I am guilty of watching some of the discovery channel shows though. I like ice road truckers, deadliest catch and gold rush.
I love IRT even though I forget its on 99% of the time. Deadliest catch and gold rush quickly dropped off the radar when it became all about the drama.. that's when I just stop watching. It's kind of hard to create drama in IRT since its just trucker and camera man who is behind the scenes.

And back on topic.. the engineers that drew a few lines and called it the SC road map deserve to die. I've never seen so many blind corners before.. who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put an intersection in the middle of a fucking curve or just after one?! I understand the need for 4 way stop signs, I really do, but they are not the answer to every intersection.. and don't even get me started on the people that use them. Why line busy roadways with houses (actually since this is SC I'm betting it was empty since only crazy people move here)?? Plan for congestion.. don't just put one road to one destination and say "go." I'm looking at you, school zone.. And for fuck's sake.. how about some damn street lights?! High-beams in your face! Don't give a fuck anymore!!
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #29
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchopper87 View Post
I love IRT even though I forget its on 99% of the time. Deadliest catch and gold rush quickly dropped off the radar when it became all about the drama.. that's when I just stop watching. It's kind of hard to create drama in IRT since its just trucker and camera man who is behind the scenes.
I liked soem of the drama in gold rush I wa sjust waitin gfor soemone ot loose a limb in all that machinery since it was brutaly obvious none of them knew what the hell they were doing.

IRT had soem drama in the last few episodes withthe guy who got fired and couldnt play nice.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #30
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Rio and Mexico City are magical.
They both share the same "quaintness" that is embodied in the contrast between the insanely wild traffic, and the little 80 year old lady doddering through all the chaos zipping past, against the light, completely unscathed (at 0.02 MPH), as well as the occasional burro-draw cart, and 5 MPH 1965 VW microbus.

Let's just say that the changing obstacles and closing speeds make for an always very engaging and interesting drive.

A stick and tall sidewalls are your friend.

A motorcycle is perhaps best saved for another time and place.