Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #21
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Cesar doesn't seem mean to me at all.

Those are the idiots that give pitts a bad name unfortunately.

Why do they hate him?
They, along with quite a few people including the ASPCA, denounce his Pack methods as barbaric, abusive and detrimental to a dog's mental stability. To them positive reinforcement is the only thing you should ever give a dog. They claim there are so many other, humane ways you can use.

And then in the next thread they'll be talking about how they'd never, EVER, EEEVVVEEERRR take their dogs to a dog park, "Cause its just too dangerous, you never know what could happen."

Unless of course your dog respects you, then you'll know exactly what can happen. My very high drive Pit Bull, for example, has been attacked by numerous dogs and never retaliated. Why? Because his first reaction is to look to me for guidance and protection.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #22
Inferno
Canyon Carver

Moto: 08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
They, along with quite a few people including the ASPCA, denounce his Pack methods as barbaric, abusive and detrimental to a dog's mental stability. To them positive reinforcement is the only thing you should ever give a dog. They claim there are so many other, humane ways you can use.

And then in the next thread they'll be talking about how they'd never, EVER, EEEVVVEEERRR take their dogs to a dog park, "Cause its just too dangerous, you never know what could happen."

Unless of course your dog respects you, then you'll know exactly what can happen. My very high drive Pit Bull, for example, has been attacked by numerous dogs and never retaliated. Why? Because his first reaction is to look to me for guidance and protection.
LOL, I was just about to say the same thing. Cesar uses "fringe" tactics...but they work if you know how to use them. At the same time, his tactics might get you bit.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #23
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:

That's fucking insane... it amazes me that anyone would denounce a method that treats a dog like... A FUCKING DOG! and not a person... especially the ASPCA.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #24
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
LOL, I was just about to say the same thing. Cesar uses "fringe" tactics...but they work if you know how to use them. At the same time, his tactics might get you bit.
Maybe, but if you don't want to get bit then you should not deal with extremely out of control and aggressive animals. It has nothing to do with Cesar's methods, but with the dog itself. Plenty of "crazy" dogs would bite you if you tried to give them a treat or pet them too.

Cesar's methods and teaching definitely helped save my dog's life.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 10-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #25
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
That's fucking insane... it amazes me that anyone would denounce a method that treats a dog like... A FUCKING DOG! and not a person... especially the ASPCA.
Its not surprising at all, most dog "professionals" don't have any knowledge of scientific canine behaviors. Shelters and rescues are the absolute worst, Vets are right behind them.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #26
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I wish people could see the way my roommate is raising her two huskies.

When they jump up on her (tall enough to reach her shoulders), she laughs and smiles and says in a cutesy voice "oooh inuk".

When they jump up on the couch she laughs.

But when they get out of the yard and won't come back, or when she tries to walk them and they're all over the place....she gets angry at them.

Just last night I was getting Lulu ready for her walk, and she said to her friend that was there "Kelly's a lot better at actually taking her dog out for a walk" and her friend said "Oh but A, you're a postal worker so you walk all day, the last thing you want to do is come home and go for a walk."

Um....how about NOT buying 2 dogs that were born and bred to run for hours on end then.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #27
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I wish people could see the way my roommate is raising her two huskies.

When they jump up on her (tall enough to reach her shoulders), she laughs and smiles and says in a cutesy voice "oooh inuk".

When they jump up on the couch she laughs.

But when they get out of the yard and won't come back, or when she tries to walk them and they're all over the place....she gets angry at them.

Just last night I was getting Lulu ready for her walk, and she said to her friend that was there "Kelly's a lot better at actually taking her dog out for a walk" and her friend said "Oh but A, you're a postal worker so you walk all day, the last thing you want to do is come home and go for a walk."

Um....how about NOT buying 2 dogs that were born and bred to run for hours on end then.
But, but... they're soooooooooo cute! :vomit:
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #28
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Its not surprising at all, most dog "professionals" don't have any knowledge of scientific canine behaviors. Shelters and rescues are the absolute worst, Vets are right behind them.
I agree with this.

We have trained our dogs with pack methods, it's a language dogs *get*.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #29
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I agree with this.

We have trained our dogs with pack methods, it's a language dogs *get*.
Dogs and cats.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:46 PM   #30
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Forgot to mention I got my tickets yesterday to his Cesar Millan Live show. I see him November 2nd. Should be interesting.

My roommate's going too. Here's hoping she listens.