Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #21
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
What are the specs on yours? I noticed some netbooks can be upgraded to 2g of ram now.

James
I know if you get an Asus there is a good site out there for doing mods to them so I'm sure there are sites for others too.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #22
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

[QUOTE=marko138;248009]Dont want bells and whistles? Macbook Air./QUOTE]

That's a huge fucking price tag for no bells and whistles. I can get a more stable ubuntu asus for under $300.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #23
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
BTW, what type of connection plan do these netbooks have? Broadband I assume, right? Who is providing it, and how much per month?
WiFi and ethernet are a given and some models offer mobile broadband cards built-in. I think most offer Sprint or Verizon. Typical broadband service is in the neighborhood of $50/month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That's a huge fucking price tag for no bells and whistles.
But you get that trendy Apple logo with that price tag.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
WiFi and ethernet are a given and some models offer mobile broadband cards built-in. I think most offer Sprint or Verizon. Typical broadband service is in the neighborhood of $50/month.

But you get that trendy Apple logo with that price tag.

ATT as well... Of course, there's nothing stopping you from getting an aircard with a mini laptop...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #25
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

http://anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc.aspx?i=3612

http://www.anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc.aspx?i=3600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:24 PM   #26
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

I bought a Samsung NC10-14GB. It's an excellent little netbook with a good amount of power under the hood, excellent construction, and excellent battery life. I've been getting a god's honest 7 hours of use on the battery doing the normal shit, like internet, watching video files, using OpenOffice and all that shit. The reviews for it are nearly all amazing, and it definitely lives up to the hype. I spent $25 extra for 2GB of RAM and it's been incredibly quick. It's a little pricier than some of the other models out, but it doesn't feel as cheaply made as the Asus, MSI Wind, or Acer I tried out. The only downside that I can think of off hand is the trackpad being a little smaller than the rest, but it's a tradeoff with a very nicely sized keyboard, so I can adapt to it. It served me very well on my recent Vegas trip, letting me watch multiple movies while on the plane/layover/on the plane again traveling without needing to worry about the battery shitting out. It's really a powerhouse for battery life, which is the biggest plus there is, especially as a traveling computer.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #27
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I bought a Samsung NC10-14GB. It's an excellent little netbook with a good amount of power under the hood, excellent construction, and excellent battery life. I've been getting a god's honest 7 hours of use on the battery doing the normal shit, like internet, watching video files, using OpenOffice and all that shit. The reviews for it are nearly all amazing, and it definitely lives up to the hype. I spent $25 extra for 2GB of RAM and it's been incredibly quick. It's a little pricier than some of the other models out, but it doesn't feel as cheaply made as the Asus, MSI Wind, or Acer I tried out. The only downside that I can think of off hand is the trackpad being a little smaller than the rest, but it's a tradeoff with a very nicely sized keyboard, so I can adapt to it. It served me very well on my recent Vegas trip, letting me watch multiple movies while on the plane/layover/on the plane again traveling without needing to worry about the battery shitting out. It's really a powerhouse for battery life, which is the biggest plus there is, especially as a traveling computer.
yeah a little pricey. you can get a full sized laptop for that much.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:52 PM   #28
Flexin
AMA Supersport

He bought a Toshiba netbook today. It was more then he planned on spending but its the one he liked the most. As he was buying it he wasn't sure if it was going to be good enough, but before he bought it I told him to check the return policy. He has 14 days to use and return it. He was told that they can be slow so he wasn't going to load it up to much. I said screw that. I told him to come right on to it, if it can't handle what he wants to do with it then it has to go.

I sent him a test a little while ago and he said he likes it. He said the speed is decent. He is at work so he hasn't had a chance to load a bunch of programs on it yet so we will have to see if it can handle running multiple programs like he was with his HP laptop.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote