Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #21
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
now it's really starting to sound fun. Doc with crane with beer. oh hell yeah somebody's gonna say oh shit!!
its all fun and games till I run over a DEP car with the crane.

theyre all ansy now and are flashing rifles at the main entrance, maybe I will taser them too
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:10 AM   #22
tommymac
Moto GP Star

One more hr and were done. Found a nice score to make my day a bit easier. I was at the NY DMV website to see what time the dmv opened. Turns out theres a newer office right by my house and is just up the road from the gym I go to so that will save me some travel time. They open at 8:30 so I may just go home have breakfast and boogie over there. Figure I can do my cardio, get the traielr registered and then get home and hit the trailer.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:16 AM   #23
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Just pull the trailer behind you while running to the DMV, no need to stop at the gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:21 AM   #24
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Just pull the trailer behind you while running to the DMV, no need to stop at the gym.
Damn cops here would prolly still pull me over for having it unregistered
Old 05-05-2010, 12:39 PM   #25
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Dont I know it, my alternative isnt bad though I can rock the buell at lightning then have the gsxr ready for loudon next month.
When are you hitting Calabogie?
Old 05-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #26
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
When are you hitting Calabogie?
Not sure, my buddiesz may be planning a trip later in the season.

Today didnt go as well as hoped. DMV was a disaster and I discovered I lost my license somewhere, so now I am going to go back fri morning to replace it. I have a current DL with my old address so that shouldnt be an issue just the usual waste of time.

The trailer fought me every step of the way today but I got it done, just need to tighten down a few nuts and bolts but it will be adequate to get me to and from NJMP.

Didint get to the tires unfortunatley so I will try to tomorrow when my freind comes over to help me with the bodywork. Its going to come down to the wire now and am a bit worried I wont have everything ready in time but I will keep plugging away.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:37 AM   #27
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Jeez as if the schedule wasn't tight enough, you thought you'd throw in a little more difficulty?

good luck. make sure you do a once over on that trailer before you strap the bike down on it. I've done the last minute prep to go thing and had a very close call because of a hand tightened(i'll get the wrench in a minute oh I have to.....) hitch ball. we'll say safety chains do their job well.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #28
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
Jeez as if the schedule wasn't tight enough, you thought you'd throw in a little more difficulty?

good luck. make sure you do a once over on that trailer before you strap the bike down on it. I've done the last minute prep to go thing and had a very close call because of a hand tightened(i'll get the wrench in a minute oh I have to.....) hitch ball. we'll say safety chains do their job well.
damn that was close. I made a list of the little stuff I still need to do and will do a once over agian anyway. Theyre letting me go to work at 11 instead of 9 tonight so that will help.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:09 AM   #29
tommymac
Moto GP Star

its realy commingd own to the wire now. Bodywork is on, didnt go on too well though and there are a few small issues I will need to adress after this track day.

I swapped the rear tire and that fough tme quite a bit, the powers are usualy prety easy to mount but this one gave me trouble, so I am oh so looking forward to the front tire.

So after work tonight I have ot hit DMV to register the trailer, I will be ther ewhen the doors open so hopefully its not too long, then run home swap the front tire, pick up the gas tank and some oil. Get my shit packed and do a once over on everything. then its off to a shop in NJ to get my suspension set up, then down to njmp where I iwll do a quick oil change and hope all will be well.

Sat will be a bit antsy too since this is a new to me bike and will be my first day.

I also realized in the future I will buy prepped track bikes, this converting street bikes ot track bikes is the suck.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:10 AM   #30
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

When is the track day? Which track?

I may just swing bye and fuck with your trailer when you arnt looking.