Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #21
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I can honestly say, I've never seen ANYONE wear Ed Hardy anything. The only reason I know what Ed Hardy gear is, is because someone on here was talking about a while back and I Googled it.
I've seen mega-douchers wearing it around here.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #22
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Okay, will anyone even somewhat agree with me that douche seems to equal successful, at least to some extent?

Drive a high dollar car? Douche!

Wear expensive clothes? Douche!

Use the phone a lot? Douche!

Have a lot of toys? Douche!

Own any expensive things? Douche!

I often wonder why it's okay to have a $600 smart phone even though you're a peon but a $30 blue tooth headset? Douche!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #23
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Okay, will anyone even somewhat agree with me that douche seems to equal successful, at least to some extent?
Not really..........IMO douche = someone who is buying those things just to pose, or just because his friends have them, rather than because he decided for himself that he'd like to own them.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #24
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Drive a high dollar car? Douche!

Wear expensive clothes? Douche!

Use the phone a lot? Douche!

Have a lot of toys? Douche!

Own any expensive things? Douche!

I often wonder why it's okay to have a $600 smart phone even though you're a peon but a $30 blue tooth headset? Douche!
Douche is an attitude, not the ability to attain expensive things.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:34 PM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Douche is an attitude, not the ability to attain expensive things.
How do you know what the "attitude" of someone that wearing an Ed Hardy t-shirt is? Is it impossible to believe that they might have actually liked it? Love him or hate him, many of his designs are very beautiful, imho.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:35 PM   #26
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
How do you know what the "attitude" of someone that wearing an Ed Hardy t-shirt is? Is it impossible to believe that they might have actually liked it? Love him or hate him, many of his designs are very beautiful, imho.
How they carry themselves is part of the attitude. No need to talk to them.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Not really..........IMO douche = someone who is buying those things just to pose, or just because his friends have them, rather than because he decided for himself that he'd like to own them.
Pose as what? Someone that can afford an $80 t-shirt? Why do you wear the shoes you wear? Why do you ride the bike you ride? Can you honestly say that you are NEVER influenced by the opinions of others when you make your buying decisions? If I'm out shopping with my SO and she really likes something I'm looking at, I am more likely to buy it. Am I the only one? All the rest of you don't care about trends, opinions, the way something looks on you, compliments, appreciative looks, etc? Really? Everything you own, you went out and found by yourself without any input from anyone?
Old 01-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #28
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
How they carry themselves is part of the attitude. No need to talk to them.
Several people on this board have stated that anyone that wears Ed Hardy are douches. That means that if your mom goes out and buys an Ed Hardy hand bag, for example, she is a douche. Ridiculous.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #29
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Several people on this board have stated that anyone that wears Ed Hardy are douches. That means that if your mom goes out and buys an Ed Hardy hand bag, for example, she is a douche. Ridiculous.
That is ridiculous.

If my mom went out and bought an Ed Hardy hand bag, I would punch her in the face and call her a douche. There is never an excuse to buy Ed Hardy stuff unless you are attempting to obtain ultimate douche status.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
That is ridiculous.

If my mom went out and bought an Ed Hardy hand bag, I would punch her in the face and call her a douche. There is never an excuse to buy Ed Hardy stuff unless you are attempting to obtain ultimate douche status.

Sweet! What about Coach? Oh is it okay to own a $300 handbag as long as it says "Coach" on it? Before you answer realize that I'll bet that several of your "sisters" here either own or want to own a Coach handbag... unless they've reached the "sour grapes" stage.