Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #21
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I've read some of your threads/post but I'm not here enough to catch all of them and although I knew what you did for a living (sorta)...I never realilzed where you were actually doing it.

Wow and to you man.
Yup, in the belly of the beast, kings county hospitals trauma center is a busy ER to begin with but as far as penetrating trauma (shootings and stabbings mostly) theyre the busiest Er in the country.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #22
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Yup, in the belly of the beast, kings county hospitals trauma center is a busy ER to begin with but as far as penetrating trauma (shootings and stabbings mostly) theyre the busiest Er in the country.
Pretty cool...from the outside looking in of course.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #23
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Pretty cool...from the outside looking in of course.
I dont see a lot of the trauma we get all the crazy medicla stuff since were a stroke center and have one of the few theraputic and diagnostic cath labs in brooklyn. prety scary that in a borough of over 1 million people we have only 3 level 1 trauma centers and 2 cath labs.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #24
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

maybe the thinking is "if we don't have enough trauma centers, then the craziness will just go away". LOL

that seems to be the thinking around here anyway. ride the bus the beatings and shooting won't happen if you just keep riding the bus. We had a string of violent attacks on our bus system. more then normal even. the word they put out was just keep riding it will go away essentially. yeah right.

our city mayor is still somewhat recovering from being beaten with a tire iron. he stepped in to save some lady and the punk went to town on him. at sentencing the kid said i didn't know it was the mayor. he's lucky he didn't get shot. i think we've had 5 cops shot in the last year.
as much as i hate cops, i have nothing but respect for the guys who work here. even the traffic guys are pretty cool. i've gotten some serious tickets reduced to warnings.

we have nightly murders in our little slice of heaven. it's nothing to be riding to work and have to detour because the body is still on the street in the bag.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #25
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
maybe the thinking is "if we don't have enough trauma centers, then the craziness will just go away". LOL

that seems to be the thinking around here anyway. ride the bus the beatings and shooting won't happen if you just keep riding the bus. We had a string of violent attacks on our bus system. more then normal even. the word they put out was just keep riding it will go away essentially. yeah right.

our city mayor is still somewhat recovering from being beaten with a tire iron. he stepped in to save some lady and the punk went to town on him. at sentencing the kid said i didn't know it was the mayor. he's lucky he didn't get shot. i think we've had 5 cops shot in the last year.
as much as i hate cops, i have nothing but respect for the guys who work here. even the traffic guys are pretty cool. i've gotten some serious tickets reduced to warnings.

we have nightly murders in our little slice of heaven. it's nothing to be riding to work and have to detour because the body is still on the street in the bag.
We have had a few bus drivers attacked here as well, a few weeks back I took care of a 70 yr old lady who was mugged and was stabbed in the arm. We did all the police and hosp police reports and figured ok same ole same ole and they wont catch the skells. the lady came back to have her stitches removed and told me they caught the guy, granted he will prolly get a slap on the wrist and be back out there but at least they got him. Plus I got to se ehe rwound afterwards and I must say I did a damn fine job sewing it back up. Took me over an hr to do because a few muscles were damaged.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #26
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
penetrating trauma
Instantly, the anal thread popped into my mind.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #27
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
there are some sick mofo's in this place.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #28
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
I figured it would

We dont get too much of that here, the last 2 we had were a curling iron and one with a jumbo shrimp. Still waiting for one who was playing hide the hamster, I need to go work in south manhattan for that stuff.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:27 AM   #29
wildchild
cruiser

jumbo shrimp? were they shoplifting at a seafood shop and didn't know where to hide it? maybe I don't want to know...........
Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #30
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
jumbo shrimp? were they shoplifting at a seafood shop and didn't know where to hide it? maybe I don't want to know...........
Or they figured it'd smell better...

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote