Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 02-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Corners, go with what you feel completely comfortable with. Straights, 10 or so over. I've never seen the point in opening it up trying to make it to the next corner on a public road.
Aha! That's why I don't get along with most of you...we're different species! I love blazing hard from corner to corner! Sure cornering is great but the feel of the g forces that come from acceleration and braking is intense! To cruise along at or around the speed limit until the next corner would be boring to me. To each his own though.
I do agree that as long as you are within your limits,any speed is acceptable in my book.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #22
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Aha! That's why I don't get along with most of you...we're different species! I love blazing hard from corner to corner! Sure cornering is great but the feel of the g forces that come from acceleration and braking is intense! To cruise along at or around the speed limit until the next corner would be boring to me. To each his own though.
I do agree that as long as you are within your limits,any speed is acceptable in my book.

i agree, i love hauling ass through the twisties, but like the straights in between the curves too(though where i live there arent really many "straights"

if i just wanted to go fast only in the curves, i'd get a slotard..

but how boring would a race be if the racers let off the gas in the straights

i also agree any speed you are comfortable with is acceptable, as long as you know the risk involved , they're not any police at the track, and if you wipe out on the street you wont have a pretty sandy run off, you'll just have a rock wall,cliff, tree, car, etc to slam into!

that being said, with the group i ride with, its always draggin knees and hauling ass, but i never feel as though i'm "pushing it"

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Last edited by Yamerhaw; 02-09-2009 at 11:28 PM..
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #23
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Too fast for the street? Anything that causes you to be off of your bike at the fault of no one else except you. That's too fast.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #24
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Too fast for the street? Anything that causes you to be off of your bike at the fault of no one else except you. That's too fast.
thats too fast, period.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #25
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

So I been thinking...I know I posted that your speed should be "your speed" on the street, but in traffic situations I think we all have a responsibility to other bikers to behave a little more. To attract unwanted attention and public stigma is a disservice to us all and may cause one of us to get hurt someday and probably someone who isn't deserving.

Cages are ignorant and aggressive enough without giving them reason.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #26
t-homo
WSB Champion

In highway/traffic, I normally go 5-10 faster than the pace of traffic. I feel safer knowing that almost all of the traffic that i am passing/being passed by will come from in front of me. Cars passing me scare me because I always think they are going to cut back in front of me too quick.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
So I been thinking...I know I posted that your speed should be "your speed" on the street, but in traffic situations I think we all have a responsibility to other bikers to behave a little more. To attract unwanted attention and public stigma is a disservice to us all and may cause one of us to get hurt someday and probably someone who isn't deserving.

Cages are ignorant and aggressive enough without giving them reason.

Well,I'd love to agree with this but to be honest,I can't... I don't/won't live my life based on how my actions will reflect on ANY particular group I could be affiliated with. Examples; I am also a male,a halfbreed,a veteran,etc and I don't worry about how my personal actions will reflect on any of these groups...
Old 02-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #28
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Never ride faster than you angels can fly.

Seriously though it does depend on the actual street/situation.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #29
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Well,I'd love to agree with this but to be honest,I can't... I don't/won't live my life based on how my actions will reflect on ANY particular group I could be affiliated with. Examples; I am also a male,a halfbreed,a veteran,etc and I don't worry about how my personal actions will reflect on any of these groups...
Well i don't feel obligated for my life. And I know the issue here was speed, but some stunts our bikes can pull off easily and safely tend to make the general public discriminate against sportbikes. Sometimes they act aggressively simply cause we are on one.

Me, I will take what comes and give as good as i get. But sometiomes I fear for the newbie, unitiated riders having to deal with this kind of driving.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #30
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Well i don't feel obligated for my life. And I know the issue here was speed, but some stunts our bikes can pull off easily and safely tend to make the general public discriminate against sportbikes. Sometimes they act aggressively simply cause we are on one.

Me, I will take what comes and give as good as i get. But sometiomes I fear for the newbie, unitiated riders having to deal with this kind of driving.
Oh I totally understand your point BUT I have to be honest and say that I don't spend a lot of time worrying how my actions on a given day reflect on others of my kind. Note: I do care how my actions reflect on me though...