Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #21
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

T Mall Respectfully, good for the Executive that Negotiated the Deal I wish it was me. You seem to be looking for Fairness. The world is not a fair place (thank god it isn't, I and most of the people here would still be in jail, having been caught EVERY time w committed a crime) The complaining about what someone else makes really does prove Mr. Corolla's point.
The "Parasites in the Park" have to Date cost the municipalities they are in 100s of millions of dollars. (not a few hundred thousand) Boston alone in excess 18 million. I can't speak to the Canadian losses here in the US it is rapidly approaching a billion dollars. They offer no solution only on going whining about it isn't fair.You want fair I suggest a well monitored sandbox. While I agree the best answer is that getting government out of all businesses and that includes subsidies as well as getting out of what people get paid. My message to the "Parasites in the Park" Is go accomplish something , if you have a solution present it, work to get support for it ,and get it voted on. Get out of the pockets of those of us who go to work every day,and stop crushing the livelihood of the small businesses around your infestation. By the way I have never called them Hippies. The Hippies I knew in the early 70s at least had some level of conviction weren't frightened by hard work and were willing to accept responsibility for both the benefits and consequences of their actions. The Parasites in the Park whine if they get Pepper sprayed, or arrested. They claim to use civil disobedience as a means of free speech but don't want to accept the consequence of their actions. They are privileged Parasites and nothing More!
Since my core beliefs are libertarian, I believe the Government is a Necessary Evil always Necessary, and Always EVIL.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #22
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
First the Majority of OWS has never worked more than a year in one place.
Did a survey did you?

Quote:
Most can't tell you what the Glass Stegall Act is. ( When I asked one of the sign carriers what they thought of the Glass Stegall act they actually said "I haven't heard them play are they local?")
You asked one, so it must be most? Hmmm....

Quote:
OWS is known to most Americans as "The Parasites in the Park."
I've never even heard that particular term, therefore I conclude that you are mostly full of shit.

JC
Old 12-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #23
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

I have to agree with nh. The OWSers are complaining to the wrong group. The corporations are simply taking advantage of the government's idiocy. All these people should be camped out on the steps of congress and at the homes of congressmen and senators, not at Wall Street. Government is the main problem due to their constant spending and constant bailouts. You want a solution? EVERYBODY needs to write letters to their congress persons and senators and tell them that if they don't get spending under control, they will ALL be voted out of office, regardless of their role, their party, or their voting records. And by getting spending under control, I mean to actually spend less than is earned, not create additional taxes to bring in more money just so they can match their insane spending. Social Security and Medicare need to be overhauled. All ridiculous government programs need to be cut or eliminated. Obviously, there will be some debate on what is considered ridiculous, but we all need to tell politicians that if this doesn't stop, they will ALL lose their jobs. Occupiers aren't saying that at all, they're just bitching about the amount of money corporations make. If they want to make a difference, they need to take their fight to Washington, not Wall Street.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #24
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Hippie Haters: "I said GET A FUCKING JOB" *turns nose up because he's been working at his Dad's mechanic shop for 30 years.*
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #25
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
T Mall Respectfully, good for the Executive that Negotiated the Deal I wish it was me.
So you'd be OK with giving 25 million of taxpayer money, if you knew that 4 million of it was being spent on bonuses to 2 executives who weren't good enough to make the company turn a profit?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:49 PM   #26
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Homeslice I am very good with the idea that if I can negotiate the deal yes I wish it were me. If your government is sloppy enough to make such a deal shame on you. Mr. Jesus Check the major News outlet which have decidedly leftest lean you find the term quite common. As far as asking most no , I only asked a few. I am , relying relying on the ABC news poll. (An organization that has been the most friendly to the Occupy movement and the only one that had Occupy on it's front page today. (Now they are going to try a Hunger Strike, this should be good now they will bilk the Health Care Systems) Again I have no issue with the idea that Government Policies should change but these parasites do nothing more than annoy those of us paying taxes . The Parasite in New York have already cost Small business owners huge amounts of their livelihoods and the city it self tens of millions of Dollars! They are self indulgent parasites and nothing more. Destined for obscurity (getting there even faster than I would have thought) They will join the ranks of the Tea Party, the Reform Part the Dixiecrats and the Bull Moose party as things remembered as obscure political group recalled with a little Nostalgia and a great Deal of Embarrassment. I could be wrong of course I have 2 divorces that prove I make mistakes, that said check in with me 6 months after the next election and tell me more about this Movement let me know if it hasn't factioned out and been absorbed into the leftest fringe of the Democratic Party just as the Tea Party was Co-opted by the Republicans
Old 12-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #27
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
So you'd be OK with giving 25 million of taxpayer money, if you knew that 4 million of it was being spent on bonuses to 2 executives who weren't good enough to make the company turn a profit?
I guarantee you that the payroll is far larger than $4 million. In fact, without even knowing the company, I'd bet it is well over $8 million.

Since you guys are so for withholding pay, how far down the chain does your anger go?

I mean, if the regular workers aren't good enough to help the company turn a profit and they cost over 1/2 of payroll , shouldn't their wages be cut too?

BTW, the company IS making a profit, per Tmall's post.

Last edited by shmike; 12-05-2011 at 10:11 AM..
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #28
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Really its just the same ol' dirty hippie bashing that people have been doing for years.

Hippies: "The Vietnam War is wrong, we should not be sending thousands of young men to die in the jungle."

Hippie Haters: "Fuck you hippie, take a fucking shower and get a job."

Hippies: "Uhhh....yea....but what about this giant war that is destroying the country?"

Hippie Haters: "I said GET A FUCKING JOB" *turns nose up because he's been working at his Dad's mechanic shop for 30 years.*
The hippy haters I know or have known do so more because of the spitting and the accusations of "baby killer" and the like.

Soon after my dad returned from Vietnam and left the Navy, a man came into his office trying to sell him something. When the man found out he was a Vietnam vet, the first words out of his mouth were "So how many babies did you kill?" He didn't make a sale.

There's a *little* more to the bitterness than just "they have long hair and smell."

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #29
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
The hippy haters I know or have known do so more because of the spitting and the accusations of "baby killer" and the like.

Soon after my dad returned from Vietnam and left the Navy, a man came into his office trying to sell him something. When the man found out he was a Vietnam vet, the first words out of his mouth were "So how many babies did you kill?" He didn't make a sale.

There's a *little* more to the bitterness than just "they have long hair and smell."
Yea it sucks, but its a horrible truth. We killed thousands of babies, women and children. However the public's anger was horribly misplaced in many cases, as you illustrate here. We should've been spitting on politicians and calling them baby killers, not the poor kids that got drafted and sent to the jungles to die.

However, that has nothing to do with the current movement. I'd rather take Ron Paul's word for it than Adam Carolla's...

PAUL: In many ways, it’s a very healthy movement. I’m not one to say, “why don’t you get a bath and go get a job and quit crybabying.” I don’t like that at all. I think that’s a misunderstanding of where the unemployment comes from. The unemployment comes from policy, government policy, and it’s the federal reserve and the business cycle is not a consequence of free markets. That doesn’t mean I think they’re all perfect out there. [...]

When spontaneous movements occur in a country, the johnny-come-latelys like to join and redirect the original intent of the Tea Party Movement and the original intent of the Occupiers, so for that reason the political people get involved and they try to grab hold of the message, and I think that’s been the case on both sides.

http://thinkprogress.org/special/201...cent-movement/
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #30
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
T Mall Respectfully, good for the Executive that Negotiated the Deal I wish it was me. You seem to be looking for Fairness. The world is not a fair place (thank god it isn't, I and most of the people here would still be in jail, having been caught EVERY time w committed a crime) The complaining about what someone else makes really does prove Mr. Corolla's point.
The "Parasites in the Park" have to Date cost the municipalities they are in 100s of millions of dollars. (not a few hundred thousand) Boston alone in excess 18 million. I can't speak to the Canadian losses here in the US it is rapidly approaching a billion dollars. They offer no solution only on going whining about it isn't fair.You want fair I suggest a well monitored sandbox. While I agree the best answer is that getting government out of all businesses and that includes subsidies as well as getting out of what people get paid. My message to the "Parasites in the Park" Is go accomplish something , if you have a solution present it, work to get support for it ,and get it voted on. Get out of the pockets of those of us who go to work every day,and stop crushing the livelihood of the small businesses around your infestation. By the way I have never called them Hippies. The Hippies I knew in the early 70s at least had some level of conviction weren't frightened by hard work and were willing to accept responsibility for both the benefits and consequences of their actions. The Parasites in the Park whine if they get Pepper sprayed, or arrested. They claim to use civil disobedience as a means of free speech but don't want to accept the consequence of their actions. They are privileged Parasites and nothing More!
Since my core beliefs are libertarian, I believe the Government is a Necessary Evil always Necessary, and Always EVIL.
Not to make light of what you've written, I just happen to be out at sea and don't have much time for a response.

All I have to quickly say is, When did it suddenly become ok to badmouth poor welfare recipients and admire the rich welfare recipients? It's taxpayer money going into those pockets. That 4 million in bonuses could have covered so much of their operating costs and keep 1000 people directly, and about 1500 indirectly employed, yet it went to 2 men. Who obviously are not doing their jobs right if they need government handouts to make their company work.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote