Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #281
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

So I bought the full version for $15. HOLY HELL IT'S HARDER.

Everything is much more unstable, the launch pad is sticky as shit, and there is space trash. LOL Things don't magically disappear in this one.

You can fly multiple flights at a time too and true landing gear, but I couldn't get my rocket to work with them. Made it too unstable.

Had to do some modifications to my rocket. The side decouplers do not throw shit far enough away and even when the solid rocket is out of fuel it will still blow up if hit with another solid rocket boost. I had to seperate, wait for the rocket to fall away a little bit, then ignite; instead of seperating and igniting at the same time.

Made it to the Mun and back already though. Here is some shots. One shot of the tracking station add on shows the boosters I left in orbit from my Mun flight....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot0.jpg (48.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg screenshot4.jpg (42.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg screenshot8.jpg (44.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png screenshot13.png (280.8 KB, 60 views)
File Type: png screenshot26.png (171.7 KB, 59 views)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #282
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

So how do you navigate to the moon anyway? Is there a pipper on the artificial horizon or some navigation target I'm not aware of or are you dead reckoning? Is there any option to dock sections in space?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #283
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Watch that tutorial I posted. You really need to learn the horizon gauge stuff too.

The green cirle wihout the X in the middle is the direction you are heading.
The green circle with the X in the middle is the reverse direction you are heading.
The purple circle with the dot in the middle is the direction of the launch base.
The other purple thing is away from the launch base.

Here is how I get to the moon.

At ~45000m, I make a 90 degree turn following the 270 degree line to the dead center of the horizon. Don't worry about keeping it on the horizon after you get it there, you just need to get it there and make sure the SAS holds it and then you can switch to orbit view (switch back and forth to monitor your stages/fuel and so forth). The heading will drift, but don't worry about it, just leave on SAS.

Burn until your orbit will take you into the path of the moon orbit. Cut your engines off once you achieve this type of orbit. Just the tip of the orbit needs to touch, don't go too far away from Kermin.

Speed up time (be careful, too fast will get you thrown into space forever)

You need to watch your orbit and see when your orbit turns from orbiting Kermin to shooting your off into space because the Moon f'ed your orbit (may take a few orbits to cross paths with the moon to get this.) It should look like a horizontal green line through your ship when this happens.

Retro burn in the opposite direction of the way you are traveling (green circle with X) to about 20 m/s and then kill engines. You should be on a trajectory to crash into the moon now.

Drift until you get to about 250km, slow yourself down to about 100 m/s in the opposite direction that you are traveling.

Keep doing this periodically, BUT SAVE FUEL, I usually do it about 200-250km, 100-150km, 50km, 25km, 10km.

At about 3-5km go down to about 50 m/s. Just be gentle and save fuel, I usually toss my last big stage big at 2km and watch how long it takes to hit. If you don't land on the dark side of the moon (prefer to do this) you can see your shadow as you come down. You need to slow down to about 20 m/s as you get close

You need to watch where your opposite direction is located too. You need to pretty much stop your lateral movement by burning in the opposite direction. It will get screwy as you slow down too. You need to get your ship below 2 m/s to land safely with the wing setup.

Now if you landed on the moon successfully, the trip home is super simple.

Take off at full speed and head in the direction of home. Purple circle with dot in the middle. As soon as you are traveling in that direction, hit SAS and blow your wings off. You need to hit 800 m/s. Turn off your engines when you hit that.

Go to your map and you will see a trajectory sorta toward Kermin in a green line. Speed up time carefully and wait for you to get a orbit around Kermin. When you get this orbit, speed up time to the Ap of your orbit, you need to end up on top of the Ap, if you miss it, just orbit around Kermin again til you hit it. You will save a ton of fuel and you will be low by this point. Once you are back to 1x speed at the Ap, do a retro burn in the opposite direction that you are heading to about 10-20 m/s.

You are headed home now. You can pretty much blow all the rest of your stages and parachute and just speed up time and it will land itself from that point.

Last edited by Trip; 05-11-2012 at 10:48 AM..
Old 05-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #284
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Is there any option to dock sections in space?
Don't know yet, don't think so in stock form. There are tons of mods for the full version, need to start checking them out.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #285
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Trip. Can you email me your save file ship. I just want to get to the moon once in my life time.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #286
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Trip. Can you email me your save file ship. I just want to get to the moon once in my life time.
yeah, pm me your address

I will send you the 0.14.4 ship and the 0.13.3 ship. The 0.14.4 is the full game, it's named TVA because I play it at lunch, the 0.13 demo is the Barrel Roll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #287
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3...ation_for_the/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #288
RedRider2k2
Holier Than Thou

Moto: 06 ZX10R, 18 400 Ninja, 11 KLX250s

Best I've done so far.

Might want to take one last look at home guys. According to that fuel gauge, this was a one way flight
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Death.jpg (34.8 KB, 45 views)
RedRider2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #289
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c638k...eature=g-all-u
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #290
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid...&v=VSTLipyWJDY