Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #271
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

What is so bad about cooking the meat then giving it to the dog? Throw that shit in the oven....debone it and feed it to the dog. Problem solved.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 06-11-2011 at 03:46 AM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:58 AM   #272
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
What is so bad about cooking the meat then giving it to the dog? Throw that shit in the oven....debone it and feed it the dog. Problem solved.
Yeah really. Cold raw chicken's gotta suck, I'm sorry. Looks like shit too --- all slimy & shit.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:57 AM   #273
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

The problem is that the bones actually give them a great deal of vitamins and minerals that is good for them. Further, it keeps their teeth clean and their jaw muscles in good shape. It also "gets out" their desire to chew bones. Your dog is chewing the meat and bones and therefor doesn't need raw hide and such.

Sound about right Kaneman?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:52 AM   #274
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Well he's doing well with it. Wifey was with him all day today and this afternoon, with lots of encouragement, she cut the leg quarter into about 5 pieces, heated real quick in the pan (again, talking seconds) put on a plate (seems to be magic if it's on a plate) and many crunches later, it's down the hatchet.

This was repeated a few hours later for the 2nd leg quarter of the day.

No pics as there was nothing remaining.

We are Very Excite!

Run Amsoil Product
Old 06-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #275
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
The problem is that the bones actually give them a great deal of vitamins and minerals that is good for them. Further, it keeps their teeth clean and their jaw muscles in good shape. It also "gets out" their desire to chew bones. Your dog is chewing the meat and bones and therefor doesn't need raw hide and such.

Sound about right Kaneman?
There is a great debate raging as to whether or not the bone actually contains anything beneficial nutrient wise to the dogs, but it definitely keeps their dental health in check by cleaning their teeth every day.

Another thing is that when they poop out that bone dust they have to push harder, which causes them to evacuate their anal glands...meaning you don't have to pay the vet to do it...and they don't do it in the house either, which would be the worst!!

Quote:
Well he's doing well with it. Wifey was with him all day today and this afternoon, with lots of encouragement, she cut the leg quarter into about 5 pieces, heated real quick in the pan (again, talking seconds) put on a plate (seems to be magic if it's on a plate) and many crunches later, it's down the hatchet.

We are Very Excite!
Fuckin a man, fuckin a.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #276
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:

We are Very Excite!
That's really awesome, man. It's just different food than he is used to. I mean, if someone just opted to change everything and everyway you eat every day you might not like it so much, right? He'll get it. And, he'll be better because of it.

Awesome.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #277
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
There is a great debate raging as to whether or not the bone actually contains anything beneficial nutrient wise to the dogs, but it definitely keeps their dental health in check by cleaning their teeth every day.

Another thing is that when they poop out that bone dust they have to push harder, which causes them to evacuate their anal glands...meaning you don't have to pay the vet to do it...and they don't do it in the house either, which would be the worst!!

Fuckin a man, fuckin a.
That's an interesting debate... keep us advised if you find anything more on it. I would think all that red bone maro would reap big benifits.

Speaking of poop... he really hasn't eaten much, in the grand scheme... he went 2 days without, then most of 2 qrts, then ate most of 3 but puked up 2, then 2 yesterday. He still really hasn't pooped. I know that he should digest most of it and being his body uses most of the nietrients therefor doesn't poop much. Is this normal? I did listen to his bowls tonight and I can hear them doing their normal squishy noises. He hasn't puked other than 2 days ago.

Oh and I duplicated yesterday. Same style prep, 1 qrt, wait an hour, 2nd qrt. He seem to like it. I know the yard is poop free so if he does do the deed when I'm not watching, I'll know.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 06-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #278
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

OK I have a correction...

He must have pooped last night (twice/2 of them) before he went to bed. Very small, very light in weight & color, with no odor.

This is great because his poop has been very soft, goo patties lately due to anti-biotics and clariton pills daily.

Further, I think I have noticed a significant lack of water drinking in comparison to kibble diet. He use to be almost obcessed with water, and now not so much. Please confirm, but I think the kibble was so dry (in comparison to the chicken) that it caused him to drink more.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 06-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #279
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Man, I'll tell you - I read your posts and you are SO MUCH more attentive to this than I was with Sadie. I mean, I just went with it. You're attention to detail is much higher than mine.

Sadie did drink less water than she did with kibble. I think your reasoning is on target.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #280
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
OK I have a correction...

He must have pooped last night (twice/2 of them) before he went to bed. Very small, very light in weight & color, with no odor.

This is great because his poop has been very soft, goo patties lately due to anti-biotics and clariton pills daily.

Further, I think I have noticed a significant lack of water drinking in comparison to kibble diet. He use to be almost obcessed with water, and now not so much. Please confirm, but I think the kibble was so dry (in comparison to the chicken) that it caused him to drink more.
You got it. Don't forget the veggie portion of the diet.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote